Sign in to follow this  
mark32esu

David Wilson benched after backflip?

I just saw the highlights of the game & Wilson had a nice TD run that was called back for holding, after he thought he scored he started dancing then proceeded to do a backflip, that was his last play of the game apparently. Can anyone confirm? Thankfully I benched him earlier for Gio.

The kid has potential, but he is a serious head case.

He also has a head case for a coach.

I just saw the highlights of the game & Wilson had a nice TD run that was called back for holding, after he thought he scored he started dancing then proceeded to do a backflip, that was his last play of the game apparently. Can anyone confirm? Thankfully I benched him earlier for Gio.

wrong, he played the whole 4th quarter

THere is going to be something significant happening with the giants this week. Has to. They are in shambles. I don't see how they cut coughlin mid season, but something will give. Can't really bench Eli either. What can they do to right the ship? I mean techincally they're only 2 games out of 1st place, and no one in the east looks that great. Season isn't over yet, even though 0-3 is tough to come back from. Not sure how this impacts wilson, but based on pure talent he's one of their bigger playmakers. They have to start feeding him the ball. Plugging scott and fatso in every 3rd play provides no rhythm to the game or to the runningbacks. Coughlin needs to really smarten up...

THere is going to be something significant happening with the giants this week. Has to. They are in shambles. I don't see how they cut coughlin mid season, but something will give. Can't really bench Eli either. What can they do to right the ship? I mean techincally they're only 2 games out of 1st place, and no one in the east looks that great. Season isn't over yet, even though 0-3 is tough to come back from. Not sure how this impacts wilson, but based on pure talent he's one of their bigger playmakers. They have to start feeding him the ball. Plugging scott and fatso in every 3rd play provides no rhythm to the game or to the runningbacks. Coughlin needs to really smarten up...

I don't see anything major happening this early in the season, but I do think its time the owner or another high ranking official steps up and has a talk with him. I can see Kevin Gilbride being on the chopping block. To be honest the whole team looks bad maybe Coughlin is first to go.

Maybe they start with axing a coordinator?

Their issue is pretty clear: the offensive line. They are not very good. Wilson's TD run was probably the only highlight for them yesterday...and it was brought back on a holding call.

They get pushed around pretty easily. Which is strange considering in years past, the Giants o-line was a very physical unit. I don't know their line personnel and if the problem is even fixable.

But if you can't run block to save your life, your life isn't worth very much as an o-lineman.

jacobs stinks not sure why they even use him...scott i could see maybe giving wilson a breather but wilson is the only back with talent even when brown comes back.

coughlin and his stubborn ways is not allowing there to be a running game esablished...look at cowboys yesterday 1st 2 games seemed like they couldnt run block but they came out determined to run the ball ... if they quit putting it all in mannings hands and allow wilson to run the ball they can have balance but right now seems like all teams know that they are not confident in the running game so now they are dropping coverage back to stop cruz and nicks .... might need to change O coordinators

How long of TD run was it or would have been?

More importantly what was the score when he got that TD. There is a good chance he deserved to be benched. Their team is getting shelled. He was basically saying win or lose doesn't matter. It is all about him.

The backflip controversy has been running for a while, coaches adamantly told him not to do it last year... I was shocked he did it, was watching RZ with Bro who has him, told him DW was getting benched for that, TD being called back was icing on the cake.

More importantly what was the score when he got that TD. There is a good chance he deserved to be benched. Their team is getting shelled. He was basically saying win or lose doesn't matter. It is all about him.

yeah with all that he's dealing with as far as being in the dog house, how the crap do you act up, especially when your team is getting hammered. It's ridiculous how these players of today, most not all, are just oblivious to simple etiquette. Just amazes me. They should pay barry sanders like $5 mil a year just to come in at the start of each season and teach these youngins how to act...I'd chip in a 20 spot...

His touchdown would have made it 7-7. I hate the backflip crap, but at least it wasn't in a blowout. Although, he looks like an idiot when he's done backflipping and they call the TD back.

Bench Wilson and not Manning. :clap:

Bench Wilson and not Manning. :clap:

No need to bench Manning. With that O-line, he'll be dead within a couple of weeks anyway. 6 sacks in the first 17 minutes is absolutely ridiculous.

Fire Gilbride. Bring in Mike Martz. Wilson becomes his Marshall Faulk. ;)

Yes, and Manning will become his Jay Cutler... :thumbsup: ...as if Manning weren't taking enough sacks as it is.

FIRE EVERYONE!

also, the backflip was well done, a 10

i'm just wild arsed guessing, but i'd be willing to bet that marketing types tell these guys to come up with their unique td celebrations and to MAKE SURE they do them everytime.

coach says don't backflip? f-it, my marketing guy says THAT'S how i make the endorsement dollars.

With the Giants track record of starting terribly, they'll probably win the Superbowl.

:lol:

:mad: