Sign in to follow this  
uflouie

MJD cut bait or wait

Probably doomed b/c I drafted him but is he worth even holding on to, or it is time to just cut him and see who I can pick up?

I wouldn't cut him unless you are in an 8 team league or 10 team with shallow bench. Also, I would hold off until after this week. MJD will face the Rams and Jags will have Blackmon back. I don't know how much it will help, but it will help.

I wouldn't cut him unless you are in an 8 team league or 10 team with shallow bench. Also, I would hold off until after this week. MJD will face the Rams and Jags will have Blackmon back. I don't know how much it will help, but it will help.

This.

If nothing happens this week then maybe it is time, but I would really wait one more week.

If you drafted him you probably used a third round pick to do it, maybe even a second rounder. So no, you cannot cut him four weeks into the season.

i can't imagine finding anything more valuable on the WW than him, as crap as he's been. Unless it's a really small bench in your league or it's an 8 team or less league. I'm stuck with him but grabbed deangelo late, and leveon even later, so not in terrible shape, but I also got Trich in the 1st. Yeah got 99 problems and RBs is definitely one! Thanks god for Peyton, long live the king...

was offered David Wilson for MJD straight up. Is probably the best offer I may get all season.

I have mjd and was thinking of making the same offer, mjds value could go up but it requires a trade (not likely) or maybe josh Freeman being signed?

he has not been the same since the injury. at 28 years of age, hes not an ideal bounce back candidate either.

Given the nature of the injury, and his age, there is the chance he will never be the same again.

I would take Wilson over him in a hot minute due to the differences in age, wear and tear and injury history

I would take Wilson over him in a hot minute due to the differences in age, wear and tear and injury history

agreed.

wilson is probably a reasonable return on him. If you can do better, all the more power to you.

Looking at his numbers, he did decent last year. Gonna give him a couple of weeks. Just traded for him and will probably start him this week.

But as of how low he is, the guy I traded with offered me MJD for Wallace lol.

Both are equally bad, but I have a good set of WRs so I pulled the trigger thinking MJD may have more upside.....

Either trade for someone like Wilson as everyone stated above or just wait it out

Probably doomed b/c I drafted him but is he worth even holding on to, or it is time to just cut him and see who I can pick up?

i would check and see who else is out there . not that i would let mjd go .but if there is a better player with upside i would do it . i dont see how things will change much with the jags . they are really awful

I would say wait it out. Now they have another weapon in Blackmon. Defenses won't be able to stack the box and double cover Shorts which *should* open up the run game a little (IMHO).

was offered David Wilson for MJD straight up. Is probably the best offer I may get all season.

I hope you took that deal. MJD has lost a step and is playing on a bad team. The oompa loompa ain't getting it done anymore.

With the Muscle Hamster on a bye I am forced to ride him this week. I think Gabbert more than anything kills his value, but that O-line is pretty pathetic as well. Who knows, maybe he can trip over the goal line and fall into the end zone a couple times?

I love how so many are acting as if Wilson is some kind of slam dunk over MJD. Based on what?

Youth. Lack of significant injury history. Much less miles on those treads

Not a "slam dunk" but if you've gotta pick one guy to get it back on track Wilson probably has a little less working against him

FFtoday ranks MJD as the 12th best back this week.

The ESPN consensus rankings slot him at 14th among RBs.

You definitely do not cut him.

You may want to play him this week.

Youth. Lack of significant injury history. Much less miles on those treads

Not a "slam dunk" but if you've gotta pick one guy to get it back on track Wilson probably has a little less working against him

One gets majority of his teams carries, the other not so much. One has likely vulture on team, other does not. Etc etc etc