Sign in to follow this  
dreen626

May as well drop J.Cook

Either we've all severely overrated Cook, or he is in yet another offense that doesn't know what to do with him. I'm beginning to lean towards overrated. He has these monster games from time to time that keep you believing that he's got something, but he never establishes any consistency.

Either we've all severely overrated Cook, or he is in yet another offense that doesn't know what to do with him. I'm beginning to lean towards overrated. He has these monster games from time to time that keep you believing that he's got something, but he never establishes any consistency.

What really sucks is that monster Week 1 kept many of us from picking up breakout TEs like Cameron, Thomas, or Bennett. Now the only TEs on the wire are absolute crap.

I'll be looking to trade for a guy like Clay or Heath Miller this week. There are enough cheap decent players out there that you should be able to require one of them.

Bradford sucks? maybe you suck for starting Cook after plenty of time to realize he's at best average

STFU scrub.

after paying him well and saying all the right things about how they are going to use him waaay different than the Titans used him it turns out the rams just do not have the qb for him to be used correctly. Bradford is just a piss poor qb. He played college ball in a conference that is not exposed to good defensive play. It is shootout prone and he has never been able to adjust to a real defense. Had cook went to a team with a real qb he could be a great te. as it is he will be forever limited as long as the rams stick with the joke that is bradford.

after paying him well and saying all the right things about how they are going to use him waaay different than the Titans used him it turns out the rams just do not have the qb for him to be used correctly. Bradford is just a piss poor qb. He played college ball in a conference that is not exposed to good defensive play. It is shootout prone and he has never been able to adjust to a real defense. Had cook went to a team with a real qb he could be a great te. as it is he will be forever limited as long as the rams stick with the joke that is bradford.

Ha man you can blame Bradford all you want but he put up great numbers today. The question is - why didn't Cook get any of it? Maybe the answer is he's a dog.

the answer is bradford cant use him right. He caught 3 passes against a pathetic jags d on 3 targets. If the shitty qb only tosses the ball 3 times in a dumpoff situation its not cooks fault. The team high for targets was 7.......7 ###### targets for 2 catches. The best wr on the day caught 4 balls on 5 targets for 49 yards...with one of them being a 31 yard catch...the longest of any rams wr on the day. To sum it up again....sam bradford is a player killer. 19 for 34 for 222 yards and 3tds is not blowing it up...its getting lucky and playing against the 22nd overall ranked defense.

he does not play against a weak jags d each week therefore will not get lucky each week.

• Like 1

I dropped Cook this morning and it felt like dropping a big duece. Fantastic!

• Like 1

Cook has talent but obviously there's some issue there. Whether it's with work ethic or intelligence or what, I don't know and don't particularly care. Point is that he is what he is and, yes, he plays with a sh!tty QB.

but he threw for 3 td's against the jags........he hasssss to be good.

he does not play against a weak jags d each week therefore will not get lucky each week.

This. Bradford simply is Alex Smith 2.0. He cannot consistently hit the deeper targets. I'm a die-hard Rams fan and been holding my breath for Bradford to emerge, but it's simply not going to happen.

What really sucks is that monster Week 1 kept many of us from picking up breakout TEs like Cameron, Thomas, or Bennett. Now the only TEs on the wire are absolute crap.

Not a Cook owner & never have been but this is 100% accurate. He's fool's gold that will have a couple huge games that keep owner's starting him but he is wildly inconsistent. Kyle Rudolph is falling into this category as well.

Explain to me how Kyle Rudolph was the MVP of the Pro-Bowl due to splitting him out wide & moving him around but the Vikings OC decides to use him as an in-line blocker when the guys strength is catching the football.

Too many Kool-aid TE's like this in 2013 drafts that are frustrating fantasy owner's who waited on the position.

I woulda dropped this bum weeks ago, but his upside is so much better than any of the bums on the ww. If there were better options I would take them. Scouring now to see if I can pick up Heath Miller after he was dropped for his bye.

Cook has talent but obviously there's some issue there. Whether it's with work ethic or intelligence or what, I don't know and don't particularly care. Point is that he is what he is and, yes, he plays with a sh!tty QB.

Cook definitely owns some of this. Watching the Thursday night game showed me a bunch. Yes, Bradford is not the answer, but Cook looked mostly worthless. He took a lot of plays off, including whiffing with a sorry-@ss effort on several run blocks. Dude is flat lazy, and that will absolutely affect his potential.

I own him, and I'm basically stuck with him because there's nothing but garbage at the TE position on the wire, but I only have to start him one more week and that's when Cameron is on bye.

Cook is a waste of a roster spot.

after this week ranked #10 with more points than Rodgers; perhaps not living up to the expectations but far from the original post of sucks; Cook a lazy let down

With the news of Daniels being out a few weeks, would you guys drop Cook for Graham? I've got Fleener as my other TE.

Funny thing is, I dropped Cook earlier today for Daniels (Graham owner dropped him for depth elsewhere). I then dropped Daniels for Graham (over Heath Miller as best other option).

CSB TLDR the answer to your question? Yes. :lol: