Sign in to follow this  
Ramrock

Newton sucks

He really looks bad. That offense has gained yards, and he has screwed them with awful plays in crucial situations time after time.

AZ def no joke

Their D can play well, but Newton has self-destructed all day.

The INTs to Peterson and the last one to the LB were just terrible decisions followed by equally bad throws.

Carolina has done a lousy job of putting weapons around him. Get this poor guy a better WR than old Steve Smith.

Carolina has done a lousy job of putting weapons around him. Get this poor guy a better WR than old Steve Smith.

Nothing wrong with Ginn (who has really improved his route running), Smith, Olsen, Williams, Tolbert for short yardage.

Newton has a strong arm but has shown no development in his game.

I just want to drop this POS!!! Forcing INTS to S. Smith in the redzone, GTFO!!!

I'm beating myself for not starting Rivers over Cam. It was my gut feeling, but ever since Rivers burned me last year, or maybe 2 years ago, I still think he'll end up stinking it up and going back to old Rivers.

Now Cam is burning me!!!

I want Peyton Manning

Nothing wrong with Ginn (who has really improved his route running), Smith, Olsen, Williams, Tolbert for short yardage.

Newton has a strong arm but has shown no development in his game.

What, really?

Ginn is a castoff who could never make it with 2 other teams and Newton has actually made him look somewhat dangerous.

Smith was on his way to obscurity before Newton rejuvenated his career 2 years ago. Now he's just old.

Williams likewise has seen his best years and is now merely a committee back.

Tolbert? Seriously?

Olsen is the one and only upper tier player at his position who is in the prime of his career.

What, really?

Ginn is a castoff who could never make it with 2 other teams and Newton has actually made him look somewhat dangerous.

Smith was on his way to obscurity before Newton rejuvenated his career 2 years ago. Now he's just old.

Tolbert? Seriously?

Olsen is the one and only upper tier player at his position who is in the prime of his career.

OK. It's all on the other guys, not Newton. Because all the other QB in the league who are far more successful have nothing but HOFers to throw to.

He's a big guy with a big arm who makes big mistakes time after time.

Watch today's 3 INT, 7 sacks and lost fumble and tell me it's on everyone else.

newton is crap as a passer. maybe its the lack of targets. steve smith? brandon lafell?

do they have a pass catching rb?

ted ginn?

OK. It's all on the other guys, not Newton. Because all the other QB in the league who are far more successful have nothing but HOFers to throw to.

He's a big guy with a big arm who makes big mistakes time after time.

Watch today's game if you haven't already and tell me it's everyone else.

How does Brady look without high caliber targets to throw to? Kaepernick? Roethlisberger?

Look at Newtons numbers the past 3 seasons. Outside of the 3-4 big games, he blows.

The QB position should be the most consistent, but newtons numbers never reflect that.

How does Brady look without high caliber targets to throw to? Kaepernick? Roethlisberger?

Phillip Rivers? Jay Cutler? Russell Wilson? Alex Smith?

Two of the three you mention will be in the post-season. The QB job is about making smart plays and winning games. Newton does neither.

Look at Newtons numbers the past 3 seasons. Outside of the 3-4 big games, he blows.

The QB position should be the most consistent, but newtons numbers never reflect that.

This.

Phillip Rivers? Jay Cutler? Russell Wilson? Alex Smith?

Two of the three you mention will be in the post-season. The QB job is about making smart plays and winning games. Newton does neither.

Really? You're citing Rivers and Cutler as examples of QBs who make smart plays and don't hurt their team? Alrighty then.

Really? You're citing Rivers and Cutler as examples of QBs who make smart plays and don't hurt their team? Alrighty then.

No, I'm responding to your comment and citing QB who are winning games without great targets.

But since you apparently haven't watched Newton this season, I shouldn't be surprised that you haven't seen Rivers either.

I just want to drop this POS!!!

If you did drop him, I doubt anyone would scramble to pick him up unless they had a really horrible back-up. Newton's stock has fallen about as low as possible.

Looking back, it's amazing he had an ADP of mid-5th round this year.

No, I'm responding to your comment and citing QB who are winning games without great targets.

But since you apparently haven't watched Newton this season, I shouldn't be surprised that you haven't seen Rivers either.

So, Rivers having a couple of big games erases his previous 2 years of being a mistake prone turnover machine? Did you just start watching football 4 weeks ago?

So, Rivers having a couple of big games erases his previous 2 years of being a mistake prone turnover machine? Did you just start watching football 4 weeks ago?

Call me when Newton has some of those big games instead of being a mistake prone turnover machine.

...and as a write this, Rivers throws up a duck leading to the Raiders first touchdown.

Of course, with luminaries like Vincent Brown, Keenan Allen, antique Antonio Gates and a RB whose been through 3 teams at the skill positions, he's blameless.

What, really?

Tolbert? Seriously?

Lavar is that you?

If you did drop him, I doubt anyone would scramble to pick him up unless they had a really horrible back-up. Newton's stock has fallen about as low as possible.

Looking back, it's amazing he had an ADP of mid-5th round this year.

Because he was the 4th-highest scoring QB last year in his 2nd year in the league?

He was actually pretty consistent last year for fantasy purposes IMO. In standard leagues he only had 3 games with 10 points or less (with 1 of those being week 17 which probably didn't even count), and 3 others under 15. For comparison purposes, Aaron Rodgers, the next highest scoring QB, also had 3 games with 10 points or less and 3 others under 15.

Because he was the 4th-highest scoring QB last year in his 2nd year in the league?

He was actually pretty consistent last year for fantasy purposes IMO. In standard leagues he only had 3 games with 10 points or less (with 1 of those being week 17 which probably didn't even count), and 3 others under 15. For comparison purposes, Aaron Rodgers, the next highest scoring QB, also had 3 games with 10 points or less and 3 others under 15.

Not sure how he could be 4th overall last season. Your scoring is probably 4 for passing TD and 6 for rushing?

He finished 8th overall in my league.

I'm not pushing the panic button. Newton shredded the Cards in the first half.

Old Steve Smith, as you put it ran by P.Peterson and Fig Newton threw it short, way short. Please stop blaming other people for Cam's ineptitude.

On his last pick he had almost 5 seconds to throw the ball and a clear lane to scramble and he still managed to throw a pick.

He's a third year player making rookie mistakes. It's not all on him but he is after all the one making the decisions and throwing the ball.

Cam = million $ body 10cent brain

Old Steve Smith, as you put it ran by P.Peterson and Fig Newton threw it short, way short. Please stop blaming other people for Cam's ineptitude.

On his last pick he had almost 5 seconds to throw the ball and a clear lane to scramble and he still managed to throw a pick.

He's a third year player making rookie mistakes. It's not all on him but he is after all the one making the decisions and throwing the ball.

Cam = million $ body 10cent brain

I also saw Smith and LaFell with a few ugly drops- one of which would have been a TD. The point is, Newton does not have a lot of help. He may not be playing his best right now, but the set of skill position guys in Carolina is among the worst in the league.

I also saw Smith and LaFell with a few ugly drops- one of which would have been a TD. The point is, Newton does not have a lot of help. He may not be playing his best right now, but the set of skill position guys in Carolina is among the worst in the league.

You are right about the drops but this is something every team deals with. Wether or not he has the worst players at the skill positions is debatable. What isn't debatable is that he has good enough players around him to be successful but his inconsistent play

will make the Panthers bottom dwellers in their division.

What's frustrating about Cam is that his problems are all from the neck up.

Cam has been making rookie mistakes consistently this year but his receivers weren't helping much either with the drops that I saw when not watching the DEN/DAL game yesterday.

Their offensive line has fallen apart & regressed from the unit that he started with in his rookie year. Not a fan of the read-option fad but Cam is 6'5" & like 240 pounds if I'm not mistaken. That's fockin huge! Run the ball & improvise once outside of the pocket. The guy never has been & never will be a pocket passer. Why Rivera & what ever joke of an OC that Carolina has think they can change that need to take a drug test.

In all fairness, Arizona's defense is vastly underrated, especially at home. Carolina's defense was keeping Palmer & Co. in check fairly well but Carolina's offense was pressing instead of taking what they could get. Cam's "Superman" moniker gets him into trouble because he makes too many dumb plays trying to play outside of his comfort zone.

Some of the blame probably goes back to Mike Shula. He's been ruining offenses for years now.