Sign in to follow this  
Bobbyn2022

Do you trade if you have a winning record?

If its not broken why fix it?

I'm 4-1 and I made a trade and I'm not sure if it was good or bad.

I GAVE

Cameron

J.Nelson

J.Bell

I Got

V.Cruz

S.Jackson

Ridley

My thought process was Cameron is great but I have Bennett and H.Miller, Cruz is better then Nelson and Ridley is a buy low guy who I like more then Bell. My Rbs where Spiller,Wilson,Moreno,Bell we start 3 and now my Running backs are Spiller,Moreno,Ridley,Jackson,Wilson

Of course................a rolling stone gathers no moss. If you're sitting on points each week with 2 studs at a limited position, you're not thinking ahead.

4-1 In one 10 team Standard league I moved Gronk (I kept Julius Thomas) and Boldin for Welker. I need consistency from the WR position. I gave a lot on paper but a Denver WR is almost penciled in for 10 points each week.

4-1 In my other 10 team PPR league I made 2 bold moves. Moved Brady and LeVeon Bell for Rivers to the DMC/Julio Owner (He also has Peyton). My weak spot was my QB and Rivers is the 3rd highest scoring QB in my league. Then I traded Witten (I have Cameron) and Reggie Bush for Jamal Charles (He had Jared Cooke). Now I have:

Rivers

ADP + Charles

AJ Green + Gordon + Antonio Brown + Blackmon

Cameron

Kicker of the week

Chiefs Def

Yep. 3rd highest total and 4-1 in my main PPR league but my RB depth has been horribly challenged. I have Gore, J. Bell, Wilson, Andre Brown (IR) and Bernard.

I traded Jared Cook straight up for Willis McGahee. Not much, but with most my backs on bye week 9 I needed a competent replacement come bye week.

I've also sent some feelers for my receivers to try and get a stud back...but trades are generally not done that often in this league

when I have a winning record I start looking towards the playoffs... which RBs and WRs have juicy matchups etc...

That's the best time to trade. Deal depth for a starter at a weak position. In my 14-teamer, I just dealt Dalton + Hopkins for RGIII + J Jones. Dropped Jones and picked-up Harvin.

RGIII

Charles

Bernard

Bryant

Green

Jeffery

Succop

Rams/Titans

Bench: Pryor, Cousins, K Davis, BJGE, Douglas, Harvin

when I have a winning record I start looking towards the playoffs... which RBs and WRs have juicy matchups etc...

Ditto. Once I know I've locked up a playoff position I start making trades for the same thing

If its not broken why fix it?

I'm 4-1 and I made a trade and I'm not sure if it was good or bad.

I GAVE

Cameron

J.Nelson

J.Bell

I Got

V.Cruz

S.Jackson

Ridley

My thought process was Cameron is great but I have Bennett and H.Miller, Cruz is better then Nelson and Ridley is a buy low guy who I like more then Bell. My Rbs where Spiller,Wilson,Moreno,Bell we start 3 and now my Running backs are Spiller,Moreno,Ridley,Jackson,Wilson

i think i like what the other person got from you more then what you got back

of course, add/drop/trade is a 24/7 deal until you're holding the cup

common sense or just being pragmatic is where your saying comes from, in FF it's ground and pound until the cup is yours :)

I wouldn't trade just to be trading but if you can set yourself up for a better playoff schedule or improve your team, it makes sense.

Absolutely. If you have guys that are performing very well now, but you question whether that level of production is sustainable, I would certainly make some trades. Or if you're pretty thin at a position such that one key injury would just kill your chances. Or if you can trade for similar guys with better matchups during your fantasy playoffs.

I learned the hard way that drafting a good team and then resting on your laurels will rarely win you a championship.

i think i like what the other person got from you more then what you got back

Cruz > Nelson I think Cruz is the better player but Nelson is a beast. Still I like Cruz for sure.

Steven Jackson > Bell I think Jackson is much better when healthy. Only way Bell is better is if Bush gets hurt.

Ridley < Cameron I think Cameron is a beast but I also think teams arnt caught by surprised by him anymore. Gordon coming back doesn't help and Weeden is awful. Ridley was a top 10 back and I feel like he's a buy low guy. Ridley is better then Blount. I like Ridley to bounce back.

I usually love to trade no matter what, but this year is proving very difficult to get any value for my players.

Trading from a position of strength is the best way to go.My best teams seem to have a good chemistry so I honestly don't want to mess it up.

You definitely want to try and improve your team throughout the season. Your goals will also change as the playoffs approach. When you start out, you want to have depth to address injuries and bye weeks. As the playoffs approach, that depth can actually hurt you in that you might have some tough decisions to make on game day to play certain matchups. It may be better to package that depth to teams that are struggling for a playoff spot to get no-brainer players or at least guys that have juicy matchups during weeks 14-16.

Not to mention the fact that sitting on the same guys that you drafted can get boring. What is wrong with a little gambling? :dunno:

I generally look for incremental improvements if I'm winning. Always do, really. If my core is good, I'm more looking to upgrade at the fringes--WR3, DST, TE, etc. However, you have to be wary of getting too cute, which I think you did.

Guys like Cameron and Nelson--my value performers, guys who are paying out at way more than they cost--are the guys I keep. I'd rather be the guy trading name talent than the guy trying to "buy low" on guys who were 2nd round picks in August but big disappointments so far. "Sell high" and "buy low" are great ideas, but only when the situation is right. Trading just to trade or trading to get back more "2nd rounders" is the downfall of many good teams.

It helps trading guys whose name implies value even if it's uncertain when it will pay off.

Gronk still not cleared and at best a GTD this week........Now there's a report that there's less optimism that he'll be cleared this week per Rotoworld.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/272661/report-less-optimism-gronk-will-be-cleared

Dealing Brady and Gronk (in separate leagues) is looking better and better. :thumbsup:

I will trade, but I need to be more sure that the deal benefits me.

when you have a losing record, you're definitely more free wheeling on the trade front because you need to improve your team.

I will trade, but I need to be more sure that the deal benefits me.

when you have a losing record, you're definitely more free wheeling on the trade front because you need to improve your team.

There's a benefit from trading while you have a winning record; you can stand pat.

When you have a losing record, people think you're panicking and are willing to sell for pennies on the dollar. Usually those trades are so lobsided because they assume with a losing record you don't know about FF and can be raped.