Sign in to follow this  
rallo

Waiver WR Scoop and Play (Week 7 Installment)

There are a lot of great options this week! If you are looking at this thread, my guess is that you missed out on the Harry Douglas, Terrance Williams, or Keenan Allen Train... Fret not, while it may be hard to find players like these that will produce for other weeks beyond week 7, there are plenty of scoop and play options to keep you team held together (albeit by paper clips and duct tape!)

Jarrett Boykin WR GBvsCLE

Boykin is a 2nd year WR that Rodgers was raving about in camp, unfortunately he was buried on the depth chart until the Packers got bit by the injury bug in week 6... he appeared nervous out of the gate, dropping nearly every thing in sight until he shook loose on a WR screen for 43 yards... that ended up being his only reception after 6 targets on the day. I think Boykin shakes off the nerves this week and puts up some solid numbers as Cobb is definitely out, and Jones is not guarantee to start (and won't be 100%) on Sunday. They play the Brown's who's front 7 should be able to bottle up Lacy. Nelson will most likely draw Haden, forcing Boykin into the limelight. The 6'2" WR from Va Tech should be able to exploit the 5'9" Buster Skrine all day if he can keep his composure and catch some balls. He is only owned in 15% of all yahoo leagues. Play with confidence if Jones sits.

Last 3WR2s against Cle
K. Durham 8rec 83 yards
R. Woods 5rec 64 yards
M. Sanu 3rec 19yards

Prediction
6rec 89yards 1TD

Ted Ginn Jr WR CARvsSTL

Ginn has actually looked pretty good over the past 3 weeks averaging 3rec for 64 yards, but has only been in the endzone once this year. I look for that to change against the Rams who are vulnerable when it comes to longer TD receptions to opposing WRs. Did you know that they have given up the 4th most TDs to opposing WRs with 8? Even more astounding that 6 of those have been 20+yards... including a 67 yard strike by Blackmon and an 81 yard reception by Julio Jones... Enter the Speedy Ginn who makes a living off of big plays... this should be a matchup to exploit here, especially in leagues that give points for Long TD scores and Punt Return Scores... Look for Ginn to have a solid day in a matchup that may put up a surprising amount of points! Ginn is only owned in 12% of yahoo leagues...

Prediction
Ginn
4rec 79yards 1TD

Deep League Reach

Mike Brown WR JAXvsSD

Who? What? This pick makes sense for two reasons... Injuries and Matchup. Shorts has a seperated shoulder and supposedly has lots of pain when raising his hands above his head. Ace Sanders is still recovering from a concussion. Enter 2nd year WR from Liberty, Mike Brown, who saw some career highs with 5targets for 4 receptions and 49 yards. The 5'10" speedster will be starting alongside Blackmon, who had a ridiculous week against Denver. I don't think that he or the Jags can afford the entire offense to go through him at such a high rate. Brown's matchup is against SD, and if you've been reading these weekly installments you will remember that the chargers defense has been notorious for giving up passing plays of 30+yards this year. Look for the speedy brown to see soft coverage and get loose a time or two in this matchup as i believe weddle will be shaded over to blackmon's side. He will likely draw Cox at CB, who has been no stranger in giving up the big play... (see week 5 for a 44 yard TD catch by rod streater... and yes... there are others). Best of all, Brown is only owned in >1% of yahoo leagues, so don't be afraid to scoop and play!

Last 3 WR2s vs SD
TY Hilton 5rec 44 yards
Rod Streater 3rec 56yards 1TD
Terance Williams 7rec 71yards

Prediction
Mike Brown 5 rec 89 yards 1TD

Brandon Gibson WR MIAvsBUF

The Buffalo Secondary is just awful, and has giving up the MOST yards to ffWRs (1,365) and the 2nd most TDs (10). The only thing that could hold back WR production in this game is Tannehill sucking, or if Buffalo can't put any points up on the board. Mike Brown would be my choice between the two, but if you are looking for a safer play, Gibson is your guy. Believe it or not, he has been MIA's most steady receiver the past three weeks averaging 5.3 receptions per game for an average of 65ish yards..... you could definitely do worse in deeper PPR leagues. Best of all Gibson is only owned in 2% a yahoo leagues, so don't be afraid to scoop and play.

Prediction

B. Gibson
7rec 82 yards 0-1TD

As always your additions and insight is what makes this a semi-decent thread. So all comments and criticism are encouraged :cheers:

GL

• Like 1

This has been a great thread every week.

Thanks for all of that insight...I will need to find a rb for week 9 and there are some to be had on the waiver wire, but week 9 has these bye week players.

Bye week rb's who are available but on their bye in week 9 are.

MJD

Ellington

Jacobs

McGahee is available, but he will be up against the Ravens.

L.Blount is available, but he will be up against the Steelers.

J.Rodgers is available, but he will be up against Carolina

B.Powell is available, and he will be home vs NO in week 9.

Z.Stacy is available, and he will be home against Tenn.

• Like 1

Thanks for starting this thread. I will review and see if there are any TES I would add to this list.

No Harry Douglas? :(

i put harry douglas, terrance williams, and keenan allen at the top of the thread, but they are all owned in about 50% of yahoo leagues,

i would start allen and williams over anyone i listed

douglas over anyone but boykin if james doesn't play

Thanks for starting this thread. I will review and see if there are any TES I would add to this list.

:thumbsup:

i passed on those dudes and dropped vincent brown for wait for it

greg jennings. i know thats a reach but theres a lot to seemingly like. like freeman who i hope will be excited and slinging but only running a controlled offense. i like that because theyre playing the giants whos secondarys just as broke as the vikings. that means possible shootout. plus bye week plus hopefully hoping to right the reins plus monday night and im a big geek going against nicks this week and want something back to sweat. i dont mind randolph but dont like simpson and very well may be out of my mind.

sometimes youre wrong just hopefully more times youre right. ive been ok so far.

thoughts?

I like the Jennings vs Giants call but Jennings should be pretty well owned, and also the situation with the new QB could be pretty iffy. I'm also wondering if the Giants don't get their first win here.

I picked up Boykin. He's not reallly all alone, there's Finley and also White whom they just promoted. But he had the one catch and run for 43 yards, that reminds me of Cobb when they were first working him in. And he has Rodgers, only 1 catch on 6 targets but a week of practice might fix that.

Another guy: Dobson. I just don't love that Jets matchup but he was in that Saints game a lot, they may be moving towards utilizing him much more.

Another guy with a poor matchup this week but who I could see doing something soon enough is Jacoby Jones.

There are a lot of great options this week! If you are looking at this thread, my guess is that you missed out on the Harry Douglas, Terrance Williams, or Keenan Allen Train... Fret not, while it may be hard to find players like these that will produce for other weeks beyond week 7, there are plenty of scoop and play options to keep you team held together (albeit by paper clips and duct tape!)

Jarrett Boykin WR GBvsCLE

Boykin is a 2nd year WR that Rodgers was raving about in camp, unfortunately he was buried on the depth chart until the Packers got bit by the injury bug in week 6... he appeared nervous out of the gate, dropping nearly every thing in sight until he shook loose on a WR screen for 43 yards... that ended up being his only reception after 6 targets on the day. I think Boykin shakes off the nerves this week and puts up some solid numbers as Cobb is definitely out, and Jones is not guarantee to start (and won't be 100%) on Sunday. They play the Brown's who's front 7 should be able to bottle up Lacy. Nelson will most likely draw Haden, forcing Boykin into the limelight. The 6'2" WR from Va Tech should be able to exploit the 5'9" Buster Skrine all day if he can keep his composure and catch some balls. He is only owned in 15% of all yahoo leagues. Play with confidence if Jones sits.

Last 3WR2s against Cle

K. Durham 8rec 83 yards

R. Woods 5rec 64 yards

M. Sanu 3rec 19yards

Prediction

6rec 89yards 1TD

Ted Ginn Jr WR CARvsSTL

Ginn has actually looked pretty good over the past 3 weeks averaging 3rec for 64 yards, but has only been in the endzone once this year. I look for that to change against the Rams who are vulnerable when it comes to longer TD receptions to opposing WRs. Did you know that they have given up the 4th most TDs to opposing WRs with 8? Even more astounding that 6 of those have been 20+yards... including a 67 yard strike by Blackmon and an 81 yard reception by Julio Jones... Enter the Speedy Ginn who makes a living off of big plays... this should be a matchup to exploit here, especially in leagues that give points for Long TD scores and Punt Return Scores... Look for Ginn to have a solid day in a matchup that may put up a surprising amount of points! Ginn is only owned in 12% of yahoo leagues...

Prediction

Ginn

4rec 79yards 1TD

Deep League Reach

Mike Brown WR JAXvsSD

Who? What? This pick makes sense for two reasons... Injuries and Matchup. Shorts has a seperated shoulder and supposedly has lots of pain when raising his hands above his head. Ace Sanders is still recovering from a concussion. Enter 2nd year WR from Liberty, Mike Brown, who saw some career highs with 5targets for 4 receptions and 49 yards. The 5'10" speedster will be starting alongside Blackmon, who had a ridiculous week against Denver. I don't think that he or the Jags can afford the entire offense to go through him at such a high rate. Brown's matchup is against SD, and if you've been reading these weekly installments you will remember that the chargers defense has been notorious for giving up passing plays of 30+yards this year. Look for the speedy brown to see soft coverage and get loose a time or two in this matchup as i believe weddle will be shaded over to blackmon's side. He will likely draw Cox at CB, who has been no stranger in giving up the big play... (see week 5 for a 44 yard TD catch by rod streater... and yes... there are others). Best of all, Brown is only owned in >1% of yahoo leagues, so don't be afraid to scoop and play!

Last 3 WR2s vs SD

TY Hilton 5rec 44 yards

Rod Streater 3rec 56yards 1TD

Terance Williams 7rec 71yards

Prediction

Mike Brown 5 rec 89 yards 1TD

Brandon Gibson WR MIAvsBUF

The Buffalo Secondary is just awful, and has giving up the MOST yards to ffWRs (1,365) and the 2nd most TDs (10). The only thing that could hold back WR production in this game is Tannehill sucking, or if Buffalo can't put any points up on the board. Mike Brown would be my choice between the two, but if you are looking for a safer play, Gibson is your guy. Believe it or not, he has been MIA's most steady receiver the past three weeks averaging 5.3 receptions per game for an average of 65ish yards..... you could definitely do worse in deeper PPR leagues. Best of all Gibson is only owned in 2% a yahoo leagues, so don't be afraid to scoop and play.

Prediction

B. Gibson

7rec 82 yards 0-1TD

As always your additions and insight is what makes this a semi-decent thread. So all comments and criticism are encouraged :cheers:

GL

Rallo, thanks for the work you put in here. Of these four who which ONE would you pick for this week?

Also, thoughts on Jerome Simpson this week with the quarterback change as that's who I would bench for one of these four you mentioned.

TIA.

Edit: I lost Cobb.

I like the Jennings vs Giants call but Jennings should be pretty well owned, and also the situation with the new QB could be pretty iffy. I'm also wondering if the Giants don't get their first win here.

I picked up Boykin. He's not reallly all alone, there's Finley and also White whom they just promoted. But he had the one catch and run for 43 yards, that reminds me of Cobb when they were first working him in. And he has Rodgers, only 1 catch on 6 targets but a week of practice might fix that.

Another guy: Dobson. I just don't love that Jets matchup but he was in that Saints game a lot, they may be moving towards utilizing him much more.

Another guy with a poor matchup this week but who I could see doing something soon enough is Jacoby Jones.

i drafted but then dropped for shorts when blaine got dinged. jennings got picked up after but dropped during the bye so i swooped. i dont know the owned percentages.

first thoughts are if Mike Williams is out

Timothy Wright is a solid PPR TE1 against a suspect ATL def

Jordan Reed against a Chicago def that isnt what it used to be

I picked up Boykin yesterday but am having trouble deciding between him, thompkins and kendall weight. Thoughts?

Thompkins > Boykin > Wright

JMO

And great thread. Jacoby Jones is one I've got my eye on. Not a great scoop and play for this week but he will be soon.

Boykin is the play this week imo.

I also think the Ginn call, while good is risky as LaFell could get that deep ball or 2. I think I would lean ever so slightly LaFell on who has the bigger day.

Rallo, thanks for the work you put in here. Of these four who which ONE would you pick for this week?

Also, thoughts on Jerome Simpson this week with the quarterback change as that's who I would bench for one of these four you mentioned.

TIA.

Edit: I lost Cobb.

of the four, this week and moving forward I like boykin... especially if jones is out... with cobb out the packers need someone explosive... if boykin hangs onto the ball he could be that guy

GL

If Terrance Williams is not available, or is considered too owned:

Boykin

Riley Cooper

Dobson

And one more: Marvin Jones, CIN, playing the Lions which is a great matchup and Marv is starting to maybe take Sanu's job away.

im watching this thread, BUT im trying to grab my WR for my Week 8 BYE, im caught up on Cooper, Dobson, or Ginn so far..this is a great thread :)

Boykin was a extremely productive college receiver, 4.7 something speed hurt his draft stock though he was able to run in the 4.57 on his pro-day....Finley is lining up at WR in practice, expect a huge day and maybe the most targets from Rodgers, might cut into Boykins production as a minor target, expect Browns to bring heat minus Cobb/Jones, which could cause Rodgers to dump to his TE on shorter routes.........

I'm gonna throw Austin Collie into the fantasy WR mix. He used to have good value and is the type of receiver Brady likes throwing to. He made a huge grab in that final drive last week. He should start to see more action because a healthy Collie outclasses just about every other WR New England has been trotting out there, except for Amendola.

Dobson. He was on the field for more snaps than any other WR last week, and Brady is making an effort to get him the ball. I can see his season getting better and better the rest of the way, if he can just catch the ball.

Dobson. He was on the field for more snaps than any other WR last week, and Brady is making an effort to get him the ball. I can see his season getting better and better the rest of the way, if he can just catch the ball.

I like this pick... Dobson burned me a few times early in the year, but it might be time for him to come into his own :thumbsup:

I like this pick... Dobson burned me a few times early in the year, but it might be time for him to come into his own :thumbsup:

Also liking Dobson......his hands have been awful.....that's really the only thing holding him back from huge games......but the promising thing is that all his college scouting reports rave about his hands.........maybe it's just nerves playing at this level..........but Brady definitely targets him and Pats are starting him.........could be really good down the stretch..........and I'm not worried about Amendola long term.

Definitely a nice scoop & play option this week.

Im stuck on if i should pick up Dobson or Cooper, holding them for a start in Week 8. Trying to beat the waivers if one of them does good, and hope to land them for week 8. Who would you guys pick of the 2?

Dobson vs Miami

Cooper vs Cowboys

"Week 8"

So is everyone agreeing that Gronk helps Dobson? I'm worried that Gronk takes some of his looks.

Missed on Ginn, but everyone else came through... what a great week for fantasy WRs... :cheers: