Sign in to follow this  
MarshallHahn

Where are we at with Nick Foles?

I have been struggling with Kaepernick and Wilson all year and they are killing me. I picked up Foles and am seriously thinking about using him this week instead of either of these other two inconsistent guys. Although the minute I use him the other 2 will go off.

Will he still be the starter when Vick is back?

Is he the better start for me this week?

I'm starting him this week with Brees on bye. He looked pretty good last week against a pretty good Bucs D. Vick is not all the way back from his injury. Last I heard it was 80%. If Foles plays well this week I believe there will be a QB controversy. That being said, I think Vick would be the starter if healthy otherwise.

With D Ware out the Cowboys pass rush will suffer.

I'm not saying it will be great, or even good. But believe it or not Ware being out is a blessing. He has been a bust and non-factor all year long. Part of it due to nagging injuries, part of it just him getting old. I think the Iggs will be able to move the ball still, but I'm also glad we will have some fresh legs on that side.

if foles has another good week vick goes to retirement

DAL is awful vs the pass (See vs DEN, @ SD)

I like Foles. I also have Kap and do not like his matchup @ TEN. Kap will play at a very mediocre level till all the pieces at back in that O.

Kap @ TEN (10th vs pass)

Foles vs DAL (30th vs pass)

Foles is the play Week 7.

I think if Foles plays well this week, Vick will still start when healthy but the leash will be much shorter.

I think if Foles plays well this week, Vick will still start when healthy but the leash will be much shorter.

If Foles plays well this week and the Eagles win, I don't see how they can turn back to Vick. Likewise, if Foles doesn't play well and the Eagles lose, then Vick gets the job back in Week 8.

Here is an interesting article on Foles:

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/SBNation_20131016_Nick_Foles__the_Eagles__new_starting_quarterback_.html

Some extra info on Vick

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1813899-michael-vick-claims-hamstring-injury-worse-than-he-previously-anticipated

Michael Vick said his hamstring pull is "worse than what I thought it was going to be."

Vick has already missed 1 1/2 games and is almost certainly out for this week's game against the Cowboys. He has no idea when he'll be medically cleared. "I want to get back out there, but I can't," Vick said Wednesday. "I try to burst and run, I can't do it. Just hoping it's not a long time." Vick added that the injury is up high in his hamstring, in the spot where trainers usually see longer recovery timetables. Pencil Nick Foles in as the Eagles' starter indefinitely.
Related: Nick Foles
Source: CSN Philly
Oct 17 - 11:39 AM

• Like 1

Yes, start Foles over Kap and Wilson. Foles has the tasty home matchup with Dallas while both Kap and Wilson are away against tougher D's.

Fantasypros consensus of 113 experts has Foles at #8, while Kap is #14 and Wilson is #15. And Fantasypro's expert's rankings came before the recently released statement by Vick confirming he is not playing this weekend.

You picked up Foles, play him. Long term is a question mark. If he keeps playing well and Philly keeps winning, the spot will be his.

I'm starting Foles over Kaepernick. To me, that's a no brainer. Tennessee's pass defense ain't as great as its billed (4th against QBs) because they haven't really played a really good QB yet. But the big reason I don't like Kaep in this is that the Titans' run defense (8th worst) is so bad. Harbaugh has shown that when given the choice, he'd just as soon keep running the ball. I see another big win for 49ers here, scoring in the 30s and Kaepernick throwing the ball about 20 times.

Philly and Dallas is likely to be a shootout with two of the league's worst pass defenses. I'd play Foles over all but a few QBs this week.

I scooped up Foles in both of my leagues and while it's tempting to start him I believe I'll give it one more week to see how this plays out.

Starting him over Rivers or Stafford just puts too much risk versus reward there.

I'm not saying it will be great, or even good. But believe it or not Ware being out is a blessing. He has been a bust and non-factor all year long. Part of it due to nagging injuries, part of it just him getting old. I think the Iggs will be able to move the ball still, but I'm also glad we will have some fresh legs on that side.

Cruzer you are THE last word on Cowboy football in this place. Having said that, I think the kid is going to thrash your boys.

I'm starting him this week with Brees on bye. He looked pretty good last week against a pretty good Bucs D. Vick is not all the way back from his injury. Last I heard it was 80%. If Foles plays well this week I believe there will be a QB controversy. That being said, I think Vick would be the starter if healthy otherwise.

This

Dallas has allowed three 400 yard passers this season, as well as allowing three quarterbacks to throw for at least three touchdowns.

For the rest of the season, the Philadelphia Eagles play only two defenses that are not in the bottom half of the league in passing yardage allowed (Oakland and Chicago).

Next five weeks (Dal, NYG, @Oak, @GB, Wash).

Would you guys start him over Andrew luck?

In the only league I was able to pick him up in...I am

So I go with him over Kap and Wilson and Wilson goes off for 26 fantasy points. that is rough. Wilson is not very stable at the scoring...some weeks upper 20s some weeks upper single digits... that gets frustrating.

Not saying that Foles cant get 25-30 on his own but now he has work to do to eclipse Wilson.

So I go with him over Kap and Wilson and Wilson goes off for 26 fantasy points. that is rough. Wilson is not very stable at the scoring...some weeks upper 20s some weeks upper single digits... that gets frustrating.

Not saying that Foles cant get 25-30 on his own but now he has work to do to eclipse Wilson.

Anything can happen, that's why they call it fantasy, but I like Foles' chances of beating even that. And , honestly, I would've played Foles vs. Dal over Wilson vs. AZ every single time.

Starting Foles over Cutler. Both have good matchups, but Jay is calling out Deangelo Hall for some reason and he's due for a "Cutler" performance on the road...

Cruzer you are THE last word on Cowboy football in this place. Having said that, I think the kid is going to thrash your boys.

I'm sorry you are ignorant, happens.

Started him over wilson in one league, starting him over luck in another. I may even promote him from my taxi in my dynasty league if Wilson remains consistent and my luck can get better than some of the worst dynasty luck in the history of ffball.