Sign in to follow this  
Mr Neil

Quarless or Bostick? Who becomes the GB TE

So I rolled the dice after Finley came back fr concussion and bye week to roll him out as my only TE, stupidly. So my question is if I were to pick up his replacement is it even worth it? And if so who would be it be Bostick or Quarless. From what I have read Quarless is there in line blocker and Bostick is a former bball player and the athlete. Should I pick either up or snatch Fasano or Zach miller over him? Those are my only other two options

Googled Bostick and came up with this from NFL.com:

Jermichael Finley is enjoying the most promising August of his career, but it's another tight end who has teams sniffing around the Green Bay Packers' roster.

With D.J. Williams and Andrew Quarless next on the depth chart behind Finley, teams have begun asking the Packers if former Newberry (S.C.) basketball player Brandon Bostick is available for trade, ESPN's Ed Werder reported Monday.

Bostick began drawing attention with his "eye-opening potential as a downfield weapon" while sequestered on the Packers' practice squad last season.

The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel advised Packers fans to "keep an eye" on Bostick during the offseason.

As is the case with many hoopsters-turned-tight ends, Bostick remains a work in progress -- especially as a blocker.

Ideally, the Packers would keep him around as an intriguing development project with Finley entering a contract year. If general manager Ted Thompson is feeling a roster squeeze, though, perhaps he could be convinced to accept a late-round pick in return.

Bostick did run 8 routes after Finley's injury, but wasn't targeted. That might change with a full week of 1st team reps. Might be a nice stash to see what develops.

Bump

Anyone making moves on either of these guys? Is Quarless just going to be blocking mostly?

Is this Bostick guy worth a shot?

I picked up Quarless. The Vikings are terrible on defense and the cover-two they play is notoriously bad against TEs. I don't know anything about this Bostick guy, but I think Quarless will be a solid play this weekend at least.

I'm a packers homer and I think Quarless is the guy to own in the near term. Bostick is an extremely athletic kid, but he's raw on running his routes and I get the sense that he still hasn't fully grasped the playbook. I read an interview with him a few days ago where he admitted to having trouble with checks at the line of scrimmage. Quarless is a reliable 4-year vet, and should contribute more right away.

Bostick might be a good stash, because I could see him being phased in gradually as he becomes more comfortable with the offense. He's a more gifted athlete than Quarless, and could be a contributor down the stretch. With J-Mike hurt and in a contract year, the packers might want to give bostick a bigger role to see what they have in him.

• Like 1

Quarless has had two good games with Flynn now.

Anyone considering rolling with him vs PIT?

Quarless has had two good games with Flynn now.

Anyone considering rolling with him vs PIT?

interested in this as well. need a te badly for the championship, barely squeeked by with pitta being a dud this week. is quarless good for a plug and play?

interested in this as well. need a te badly for the championship, barely squeeked by with pitta being a dud this week. is quarless good for a plug and play?

I do not know the answer to this but thinking about it, right now I am looking at:

Quarless

Ertz

Eifert

Probably moving away from Pitta.

I am a homer, and was at practice Tuesday morning. If such bets were available, I would put money down on Rodgers scoring the most ff points of any Packer TE this year. He looks the part, he makes the most plays, and A. Rodgers continually loooks his way. Aaron also pulled him aside to give him pointers multiple times.

Quarless is the starter at this point, and likely will be week one. I still predict Rodgers to have the most ff points by the end of the season.

• Like 1

I am a homer, and was at practice Tuesday morning. If such bets were available, I would put money down on Rodgers scoring the most ff points of any Packer TE this year. He looks the part, he makes the most plays, and A. Rodgers continually loooks his way. Aaron also pulled him aside to give him pointers multiple times.

Quarless is the starter at this point, and likely will be week one. I still predict Rodgers to have the most ff points by the end of the season.

Not sure Quarless makes it out of camp as the starter.

Also wouldn't put money on a rookie being the big hit in this group.

Could see a lot of them spread around between the 3 (Bostick, Quarless, and Rodgers).

Bostick getting all the press right now as far as his camp now that he is healthy.

Not sure Quarless makes it out of camp as the starter.

Also wouldn't put money on a rookie being the big hit in this group.

Could see a lot of them spread around between the 3 (Bostick, Quarless, and Rodgers).

Bostick getting all the press right now as far as his camp now that he is healthy.

Not all of his recent press has been positive.

from yesterday: http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2014/08/01/insider-thumbs-daniels-bostick/13498505/

for those who like Lyerla, please see my recent post on the other Packer TE thread.

Not all of his recent press has been positive.

from yesterday: http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2014/08/01/insider-thumbs-daniels-bostick/13498505/

for those who like Lyerla, please see my recent post on the other Packer TE thread.

No...he had the play that Bush stripped.

But the rest of his press has been very positive.

I just don't see a rookie receiver in this offense being counted on for consistent fantasy production.