Sign in to follow this  
LSUtiger

Gates or Ladarius Green ROS?

From Roto:

Ladarius Green played on 61-of-67 snaps (91.0 percent) in Sunday's loss to the Bengals.

In-line option Antonio Gates played on 62 snaps, creating a two-tight end base formation. "That's a package we're building," Gates said. "It'll be good for us to help us win football games." Green is the 6'6/238 athletic freak with 4.4 wheels that is now averaging an absurd 22.1 yards per catch on the season and has two touchdowns on 11 targets in his last two games. The Chargers coaches have clearly identified him as a player that needs to be featured in the passing game and will be rewarded for it. Green will be a borderline TE1 against the Giants even if Eddie Royal (chest, toe) returns.
To me this means more than any of the recent conjecture - it means Green is now playing just as much as Gates. I believe Green also got the most targets he's had all season this week. These stats make him a sure-fire starter going forward even with Gates in the lineup.
For CSB time, I started Green last week and will be going forward.

I see Gates getting more short targets but not much yardage, especially after catch, whereas Green is all about deeper routes and the high reward that could come from his ability to gain yards after catch. 6.6 / 238 lbs with 4.4 speed is insane.

I'm benching Gates and going with the high reward possibilities from Green.

• Like 1

Just dropped Tim Wright and made a bid on Green, who I may start over Jordan Reed in Week 15 at Denver.

in a bad spot with reed and delanie concussed, debating on who to put a bid on: Ertz, Garrett Graham, Rob Housler, Brandon Myers, Zach Miller, Ladarius Green :dunno:

leaning towards Green with a nice matchup this week

He sounds like a physical specimen but with catch totals of 4, 3, and 2 for week 11-13 respectively, he sounds like a big risk. I would like a lot more catches to go along with those points to really trust him.

^ That's the rub He doesn't grab that 30 yard TD and you have 1 catch for 15 yards.

That's the nature of TE usually though...but I wouldn't roll him over a high target-high catch guy.

For more perspective, a guy like Garret Graham who is being targetted all the time is still garnering largely single digits even in PPR leagues (aside from WK 11 against Oakland). As LSUtiger pointed out, his snap counts have more or less doubled each of the past 3 weeks, and clearly they realize the talent they have and are getting him on the field.

I'm sold - if Julius Thomas is deemed inactive again this week, I'm starting Green or Ertz banking on the high upside/matchup in shootout type games.

i finally dumped Cameron and picked up Green. But now I'm thinking Heath Miller is a good option. Debating between Miller and Green

I gambled and dropped John Carlson and picked up Green, with Pitta stashed on the bench just in case. I'm all in on the kid now, considering I can't get more than 2 pts (non-ppr) out of Carlson anyway in the only real hole on my roster. I was reading (can't find the link) that the Chargers are adopting more two TE sets trying to get Green on the field more. I'm not sure I'd take him over Gates, but I know I'm gambling on the guy that might get me 12 pts over the guy who will get me 2 pts.

Gates has become a slow but still-reliable short-yardage possession receiver, but will always have Rivers trust in the red zone, as well. Green is fast becoming what Gates used to be 6 or 7 years ago.

I gambled and dropped John Carlson and picked up Green, with Pitta stashed on the bench just in case. I'm all in on the kid now, considering I can't get more than 2 pts (non-ppr) out of Carlson anyway in the only real hole on my roster. I was reading (can't find the link) that the Chargers are adopting more two TE sets trying to get Green on the field more. I'm not sure I'd take him over Gates, but I know I'm gambling on the guy that might get me 12 pts over the guy who will get me 2 pts.

I just dropped Tim Wright to pick him up, but also with an eye to keeper motives for next year. I wasn't going to keep Wright anyhow over my other TE Jordan Reed, probably. From what I've seen, Gates is still drawing heavy double teams, which has helped the kid no doubt. He'd better learn how to block if he wants Gates' job, though you have to love the physical tools he possesses.

Playing with Rivers in that offense = big plus.

Drank the Green Koolaide and I feel sick

I drank it like I was at Jonestown............

Did you drop Cameron to pick him up? I held onto Cameron just in case.

I drank it like I was at Jonestown............

Did you drop Cameron to pick him up? I held onto Cameron just in case.

Yes but then before game picked him up and cut Reed so I guess I roll with him if I win this game

Yes but then before game picked him up and cut Reed so I guess I roll with him if I win this game

Dodged one there.

Maybe Cambell realizes that he looks good throwing to Cameron as well as Gordon.

Ladarius still no catches.....................I wonder if he's even getting looks.

I put Cameron back in for Green when I saw Royal was likely to play. Part of all his snaps last week were because the Chargers rand all 2 TE sets whole game

I would have too if I had known royal would be active all signs pointed to Homs sitting in am.

He has a knack for making big plays. Let's hope he's feeling it today.

No need to pass now

Just very thankful I got Cameron back right before game looks like I may win with a dud from green

I neeed to start going with my gut more often and less hype. Benched Clay for this 2 catches per game turd called Green.

I neeed to start going with my gut more often and less hype. Benched Clay for this 2 catches per game turd called Green.

Yep Playing him has probably cost me a win.

between ladarius over garrett graham and kendall wright over decker i'm going to mis the finals of my big money league...literally sick right now, lesson learned never get cute in fantasy football

Yup sat Cameron for him and cost me the win. Hurts now but I had a good year and was the winner last 2 years (was going for three peat) but taught me a lesson. Dont start the hype guy in the playoffs. During the season ok but never the playoffs.

Yup sat Cameron for him and cost me the win. Hurts now but I had a good year and was the winner last 2 years (was going for three peat) but taught me a lesson. Dont start the hype guy in the playoffs. During the season ok but never the playoffs.

Green has outplayed Cameron and was getting equal reps to gates. It wasn't a stretch to start him. But in reality I would have started cook over green so it's not that big a deal. I had sworn off Cameron

Wow wtfock happened today? So as long as Royal is active then Green is worthless...at least those of us still alive know that now.

Told you guys. Stuck with Gates, not the happiest though. Should've picked up Clay

I drank the Kool-Aid but the rest of my team saved my bacon. Still got $$ for regular season champ a first round bye and the easier road to Superbowl.

Green will be meeting the WW come Wednesday. I could always use another Def.

Per rotoworld: welcome to the ww

Ladarius Green was held without a catch on one target in San Diego's Week 14 win over the Giants.

Although Green started and was still involved in San Diego's offense, his snaps were scaled back as Eddie Royal returned from chest and toe injuries, and the Chargers used more three-receiver looks instead of two-tight end packages. Green is clearly still in a development phase, and the Bolts' coaching staff doesn't fancy him a true every-down, featured player yet. He'll be a TE2 when the Chargers face the Broncos in Week 15.