Sign in to follow this  
snatchit

Can someone please tell me why they have the Super Bowl Sunday evening ?

Jennifer Aniston once snuck into posty's bed naked. Upon her discovery, he called the police and reported her for trespassing.

Posty played a video game once. He threw the Atari away. Afterwards, he was quoted as saying, "Pacman eating all those pellets promotes obesity, and ghosts are pagan witchery."

Les Paul asked posty for his opinion on his new electric guitar. Posty frowned and criticized it for being too loud. He then went back to plucking his lyre.

Wolfgang Puck asked posty to go to his house so he could cook him dinner. Posty just shook his head. Rice and vitamin supplements suit him just fine.

the problem for me and I believe a lot of people is it starting very late in the day, by the time the game starts I am already pretty buzzed. And of course when the game starts you are compelled to drink during the game. I don't know how many times I had fuzzy memories of the 4th quarter in the SB. Then feeling like shiit having to get up early and go to work the next day. I would think not only moving it to Saturday but moving it a bit earier in the day would be better.

you might have a drinking problem .

Church is cool....no need dissing. In fact, I go on Sundays evenings and have, for years, recorded the game and watched it after I got home. In fact, before DVR, I used to throw a blanket over the TV and record it on VRC. My wife would let me know when it was over, and I would rewind and watch.

On a side note: Many folks in Colorado will have little to no memory of this game. Everytime Peyton yells "Omaha", they are taking a bong hit, I hear.

Jennifer Aniston once snuck into posty's bed naked. Upon her discovery, he called the police and reported her for trespassing.

Did he say "There's a horse faced tranny in my bed ... come quick!!!"

This. Don't the rest of you have personal/sick days?

Changing days is ridiculous... I do support the notion to move the game earlier in the day, perhaps 3ish EST. Some people on the East Coast don't recognize or understand time zones. In the United States, The SB should never be played or viewed in the AM.

You realize 3 pm EST is 10 am in Hawaii?

Yeah the pro bowl deserves better than Sunday too

The Pro Bowl deserves a bullet to the head and a shallow grave.

• Like 1

Rumor has it that posty is watching the Super Bowl this year until the first time they show scantily clad cheerleaders. Then he's turning that smut off.

Good Gravy, ease up on the " you may have a drinking problem " stuff. Just saying super bowl parties typically start early in the day and by the time the game is over there could be a lot of drinking done.

It is ALL about ratings. It is no coincidence that the Super Bowl is played the first Sunday in February, which is a sweeps month. Another poster commented, which is true: it will NOT be on a Saturday night, when the broadcast will have to compete with people going out ot the movies, out to bars, etc. It is Sunday night because people are home, preparing for work and school the next day. It is on "early" at 6:30, so EVERYONE can watch - kids go to bed at what, 8:00PM at the earliest? And again, as another poster commented, take the Monday off as a vacation day. I've been doing that for years, too!

Good Gravy, ease up on the " you may have a drinking problem " stuff. Just saying super bowl parties typically start early in the day and by the time the game is over there could be a lot of drinking done.

Calm down. Have a drink.

I just go to work hungover. Life is mostly pain and shame anyway.

Adjust the schedule so the season starts a week later and add some teams to the playoffs for another week of playoff games and hold the SB the Sunday before President's Day.

Or move the game to Saturday, which I personally like better.

Super Bowl day ads.

12 hours of pre superbowl ads on various networks

followed up by another 4 during the game.

Adjust the schedule so the season starts a week later and add some teams to the playoffs for another week of playoff games and hold the SB the Sunday before President's Day.

Not everybody gets off President's Day...

Been taking the Monday after the SB off for about ten years running.

woohoo, 3 day weekend!