Sign in to follow this  
Vikings4ever

Decker to the Jets

Schefter's Twitter feed:

Jets are giving former Broncos WR Eric Decker a 5-year, $36.25M deal, including $15M gtd, per source.

R.I.P. Deckers fantasy relevance.

wow just way way to much for decker.

R.I.P. Deckers fantasy relevance.

amen

The Jets are a very WR needy team so this deal makes some sense on the field , but I agree, his fantasy value won't reflect his No. 1 wideout status.

:lol:

Sort of an admission by Decker that it's all about the money.

Sort of an admission by Decker that it's all about the money.

yeah but we all know that.

Have to strike while the iron is hot.

I hope he slides Manning a few million on the side, he earned it.

yeah but we all know that.

It's always mostly about the money, but when you go from Manning and the Broncos to Geno and the Jets you're basically saying you don't care if you never have a good season again as long as you're even more rich.

It's always mostly about the money, but when you go from Manning and the Broncos to Geno and the Jets you're basically saying you don't care if you never have a good season again as long as you're even more rich.

Gotta feed the family :sleep:

Do you really blame him? Dude had an opportunity to cash in beyond what he ever could've imagined before Peyton came to town.

He would've been a fool not to take it.

And c'mon, it's not the Raiders or Jaguars we're talking about. Jets went to back to back AFCCG just a few years ago

Do you really blame him? Dude had an opportunity to cash in beyond what he ever could've imagined before Peyton came to town.

And c'mon, it's not the Raiders or Jaguars we're talking about. Jets went to back to back AFCCG just a few years ago

Unless there were contracts offered by better teams that were just slightly less.

Unless there were contracts offered by better teams that were just slightly less.

Were there? I admittedly have not followed this signing very closely.

I don't blame him but personally is take a little less to go to a contender where I would thrive. Decker will be lucky to break 900 yards next year in that wasteland.

Ok, Jet fan chiming in here. I honestly didn't want Decker. Guy runs good routes and all but sometimes has a case of the dropsies. Yeah, he scored 8 TD's with Orton/Tebow (was it orton?) but his value was way inflated by Peyton. He is NOT a #1 WR... and wouldn't be a #1 in most any offense. Yeah, Peyton, Brady, Brees, might make him look like a #1 but most teams would not.

that said, part of my trepidation was the thought that the Jets might way overspend for him. I think they actually did well. They spent not much more than the Lions did for Golden Tate. 5 year deal for a 26 yr old. Solid deal, imo. Sucks for his fantasy owners but Im actually liking the move. Now the Jets need to use their 1st round pick on one of the many talented rookie WR's coming out and try to strike gold with a legit #1 across from Decker with Kerley in the slot. They could do a lot worse.

more weapons than they have had since Braylon and Holmes were decent back in 09/10

Why do you want to ruin more wrs by going to the jets? The fantasy football fan in you should want the jets to not draft any quality wrs.