Sign in to follow this  
Phurfur

40 U.S. veterans die while on Phoenix VA hospital's cost-cutting secret wait list

I do not vote for incumbents. HTH

A true pioneer in fixing our dysfunctional government. Way to be a rebel.

The why don't you do it? And why doesn't RP do it? :dunno:

Bump. Guys?

Ok. So he didn't say anything he has done has had an impact. Thanks for clearing that up. :thumbsup:

Exactly. So hes just another example of complacency of a dysfunctional government. Thank you for finally getting it.

I'm not a VA expert, but my sense is that they try to do too much. They should focus on vet-specific things (PTSD, prosthetics, etc) and vets should use traditional health care for "normal" problems. I could be totally off base tho. :dunno:

Vets have the same health problems as everyone else, and civilians have things like PTSD, amputations, etc. Short of dubious illnesses like Agent Orange and Gulf War Syndrome, there really is no distinction in their health care needs.

This is getting tiring. Why does Eric Shinseki still have a job? Why is the only person fired the one that's going to retire next month? The VA needs a major housecleaning. We have videos of president Obama articulating these very problems before getting elected yet he has -obviously- not made fixing these things a priority. Time to step up.

Dumb focking morons, if government run health care is your signature issue, you're supposed to be showing that you can be trusted to run these government health care programs, instead we have dunces like Sebulus and Shinseki and Petzel showing the exact opposite. This is beyond incompetence... fictional wait lists?!? That's not incompetence, that's deliberate neglect. I'm not even sure blanket firings are in order, blanket criminal charges may be better.

If you actually paid attention volty, you'd know this administration holds no one accountable, excerpt congress ofcourse.

But it's understandable, the administration only finds out about it's complete incompetence through news reports.

This is getting tiring. Why does Eric Shinseki still have a job? Why is the only person fired the one that's going to retire next month? The VA needs a major housecleaning. We have videos of president Obama articulating these very problems before getting elected yet he has -obviously- not made fixing these things a priority. Time to step up.

Dumb focking morons, if government run health care is your signature issue, you're supposed to be showing that you can be trusted to run these government health care programs, instead we have dunces like Sebulus and Shinseki and Petzel showing the exact opposite. This is beyond incompetence... fictional wait lists?!? That's not incompetence, that's deliberate neglect. I'm not even sure blanket firings are in order, blanket criminal charges may be better.

If he hashtagged someone would that be good enough for you? No sign he is that outraged over this, but he may see something on the news that gets him there.

:slow golf clap:

Give that man a medal. In other words, he votes for guys who end up getting 1% of the vote and have ZERO control over changing anything. Congrats, Sir. Way to make a difference.

That is only because the country is filled with brain washed losers like you who vote for the candidate the media directs you to.

You must be proud to be the main problem with government in this country.

That is only because the country is filled with brain washed losers like you who vote for the candidate the media directs you to.

I'm proud that my votes helped keep guys like McCain (Bush Jr.) and Romney (Tax evader) out of office. :music_guitarred:

Who did you vote for the last two elections?

Who did you vote for the last two elections?

I think he was on the Gary Johnson train for the last election (I voted for him too).

Id guess he is really just voting against whoever Fox tells him is bad.

I think he was on the Gary Johnson train for the last election (I voted for him too).

Id guess he is really just voting against whoever Fox tells him is bad.

Johnson wasn't a bad candidate, he just had zero chance of winning.

Johnson wasn't a bad candidate, he just had zero chance of winning.

True.

But I wasn't going to vote for Obama.

And I didn't think Romney had a shot at winning either (nor did I really want him to).

So, figuring Obama likely to win anyway...I cast my vote with a clear conscience for a guy I believed best suited for the job.

In the end...I don't just vote for who I think has a chance to win...more so than who I think should win.

If that counts as a "wasted" vote to some...so be it. But my vote was no more wasted than those who voted for Romney wasted their vote.

I forgot about this one from 2010:

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Veterans Affairs Secretary Eric Shinseki confirmed Tuesday that the Obama administration is considering a controversial plan to make veterans pay for treatment of service-related injuries with private insurance.

Lawmakers say they'd reject a proposal to make veterans pay for treatment of war wounds with private insurance.

But the proposal would be "dead on arrival" if it's sent to Congress, Sen. Patty Murray, D-Washington, said.

Murray used that blunt terminology when she told Shinseki that the idea would not be acceptable and would be rejected if formally proposed. Her remarks came during a hearing before the Senate Committee on Veterans Affairs about the 2010 budget.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/03/10/veterans.health.insurance/index.html?iref=24hours

I'm proud that my votes helped keep guys like McCain (Bush Jr.) and Romney (Tax evader) out of office. :music_guitarred:

tax evaders?

Guess how many are in the obama administration, or how many federal employees are guilty of the same, the majority who work for the irs.

Theres a good chance some of the government teet sucking posters here are guilty themselves.

tax evaders?

Guess how many are in the obama adminiatratuon, or how many federal employees are guilty of the same, the majority who work for the irs.

Theres a good chance some of the government teet sucking posters here are guilty themselves.

True. Romney payed plenty of taxes. Probably more then anyone on this website, probably combined.

An educational piece for the ultimate clueless hackhttp://www.freep.com/article/20140523/NEWS07/305230060/Federal-employees-owe-3-3B-in-back-taxesThe Capitol dome as seen from the Capitol visitors center. / J. Scott Applewhite/Associated Press

By Gregory Korte

USA TODAY

FILED UNDER

Local News

Nation/World

ADVERTISEMENT

WASHINGTON Federal employees owe a total of $3.3 billion in back taxes to the federal government, according to Internal Revenue Service data released Thursday.

In all, 318,462 federal employees owed back taxes as of last Sept. 30 an increase of 2.6% from the previous year. That puts the average tax bill at $10,391, according to IRS data obtained by USA TODAY under the Freedom of Information Act.

But federal workers are better at paying their taxes than the average taxpayer. Their delinquency rate of 3.19% is far lower than the 8.7% for the population at large.

Some federal workers are worse than others. The non-payment rate for employees of the House of Representatives is 4.87%. In the Senate, its 3.24%. Thats 714 tax delinquents on Capitol Hill owing a total of $8.6 million more than one for each representative or senator. Thirty-six employees in the Executive Office of the President are delinquent on their taxes, for a rate of 2.06%.

Tax delinquencies on Capitol Hill are four times more common than at the Treasury Department, which has come under congressional scrutiny over bonuses paid to tax-delinquent IRS employees.

A report by the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration last month found that the IRS paid more than $1 million to employees who didnt pay their federal taxes. But at just 1.2% delinquent, the Treasury Department has the best rate of tax compliance in the federal government, according to the reports.

STORY: IRS workers who didnt pay taxes got bonuses

The statistical reports tally tax delinquencies at the agency level, so its unclear whos not paying their taxes and whether any members of Congress are delinquent. The reports are part of a 20-year-old IRS effort, called the Federal Employee/Retiree Delinquency Initiative, to increase tax compliance by federal employees. The report doesnt break out the IRS, which is part of the Treasury Department, but IRS Commissioner John Koskinen said recently that more than 99% of IRS employees are current on their taxes.

The highest rates of tax delinquency are at small federal agencies dealing with civil rights and the disabled: The National Council on Disability (11.54%), the Committee for Purchase from People Who Are Blind (10%) and the Civil Rights Commission (9.52%).

Outside the Treasury Department, the most conscientious taxpayers are active-duty military personnel, who have a delinquency rate of just 1.7%.

View Comments (4) |

Obama put a tax cheat in charge of the IRS. :doh:

And Bush put a horse show judge in charge of FEMA.

Meet the new boss etc.

An educational piece for the ultimate clueless hack

Why post a piece for yourself?

:mad: BUSH'!!!! :mad:

So that didn't turn out to be a bad appointee? Kinda like the Obama appointee? It is true no matter how many angry BUSH statements you post.

True. Romney payed plenty of taxes. Probably more then anyone on this website, probably combined.

He also moved factories overseas. Costing the country jobs and revenue.

Sorry, in a time when the rich are getting richer and everyone else is struggling, he was the last guy we needed.

:mad: BUSH'!!!! :mad:

You liked mentioning his name yesterday when the gas prices were brought up. Hmmm. Mr Hypocrite strikes again. :music_guitarred:

Complete retards put a racist incompetent community organizer in the white house.

Game set match

You liked mentioning his name yesterday when the gas prices were brought up. Hmmm. Mr Hypocrite strikes again. :music_guitarred:

I like people mentioning his name today, Sport.

Complete retards put a racist incompetent community organizer in the white house.

Game set match

And other complete retards put an incompetent ex governor who is living off his daddy's name in the white house.

Seems pretty much tie game trying to determine which voters are more idiotic.

I like people mentioning his name today, Sport.

So it's only okj to mention Bush if you think it's a compliment?

You, sir, are the very definition of hack. Congrats :wave:

So it's only okj to mention Bush if you think it's a compliment?

You, sir, are the very definition of hack. Congrats :wave:

I'm ok with you mentioning him any way you want, Sport.

Sorry, in a time when the rich are getting richer and everyone else is struggling, he was the last guy we needed.

That was his job. I don't punish people for success.

But you are ok with our current government outsourcing things like the ObamaCare web sites, transportation to the ISS, etc.

You seem a bit clueless to me.

But you are ok with our current government outsourcing things like the ObamaCare web sites, transportation to the ISS, etc.

You seem a bit clueless to me.

How'd your guy do? :music_guitarred:

This has to be a troll post. You know Reid fed you that tax evasion blatant lie right?

This has to be a troll post. You know Reid fed you that tax evasion blatant lie right?

I don't believe that he didn't file his taxes. If that's what you mean.

I don't believe that he didn't file his taxes. If that's what you mean.

What is it you think he did exactly?

I'm on my phone, I don't see post numbers.

The fact that he moved plants overseas left a bad taste in my mouth. That was a lot of jobs and a ton of tax revenue for this country.

But that wasn't an isolated reason. I think it was a horrible choice by the Republican Party. The only people in this country who are prospering are the filthy rich. It was my opinion that having one of them run the country was the last thing we needed.

The fact that he moved plants overseas left a bad taste in my mouth. That was a lot of jobs and a ton of tax revenue for this country.

But that wasn't an isolated reason. I think it was a horrible choice by the Republican Party. The only people in this country who are prospering are the filthy rich. It was my opinion that having one of them run the country was the last thing we needed.

I see that as a meh, he was doing what he was hired to do.