Sign in to follow this  
svtballa

Jarred cook anyone?

He was highly touted going into last years draft and he totally underperformed.... I've her nothing about him so far? Bradford is back and I can see cook having a solid year. Especially at his price tag

Cook had a solid year last season. Physically he's a lot like Vernon Davis but for whatever reason he never put it together. I love him as a last round flyer / backup TE but my expectations are around 750-800 yards and 5-6 TDs.

He's basically free this year so I wouldn't begrudge anyone taking a shot, but he didn't have a good season last year. Remember, he put up 141/2 in week 1, and then only topped 49 yards once more the rest of the season. For late round fliers at TE, I'd be more inclined to take a shot on Eifert or one of the Colts.

Cook had a solid four games last season. Physically he's a lot like Vernon Davis but for whatever reason he never put it together. I love him as a last round flyer / backup TE but my expectations are around 750-800 yards and 5-6 TDs.

Fixored

Didn't even notice him playing yesterday...while Kendricks was targeted a few times and had the TD.

Fool me once..shame on me

Fool me twice...shame on..well...I'm not gonna get fooled again

• Like 1

I will buy him at his adp. soooo many people have bad opinions of he based on last years fast start and slow ending. with bradford back at starter he should be at least better and has upside. I would not draft him till way late as a flyer. I drafted him last year and got burned bad as I turned down a trade for him that would have won me the league.

N ever have been a fan of his . Seems to be a lazy guy . But with Bradford back that should help him , so i say he should be around or better stats wise then last season .

Doesn't take a genius to predict exactly what will happen with cook this year. Either gm 1 or 2 he will have a monster game, then proceed to murder your fantasy team for 3 weeks of doing nothing. Then when you bench him he will score again, you will then start him again and get burned AGAIN. The dude is pure fantasy cancer.

He's basically free this year so I wouldn't begrudge anyone taking a shot, but he didn't have a good season last year. Remember, he put up 141/2 in week 1, and then only topped 49 yards once more the rest of the season. For late round fliers at TE, I'd be more inclined to take a shot on Eifert or one of the Colts.

:thumbsup:

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Drafting Jared Cook and expecting something more from him than a handful of good games is insanity. He's proven to be pretty consistent at having 1 or 2 games make him look like a marginal TE rather than the waste of roster space he is for the other 12 or so weeks of the season.

No thank you, on Cook. I've gotten burned with him twice so far in his career!

This. After week 1 last year, I was gloating. And then that giant pile of welfare fed it back to me every subsequent week.

Tons of talent, laziest player on the team is what I keep hearing.

Laziest player on the Rams roster, for certain. Our backup TE's have looked much better than him. I would rank him as a TE2, and lower TE2 at that. Kendricks is a superior blocker (Cook will not block), and with all the running Fisher plans on doing in 2014, it's likely Kendricks puts up similar fantasy points as he will be on the field just as much. I suspect he'll have one or two great games, like last season, then disappear for the remaining games. Our local newspaper has ranked him one of the top 5 worst free agent signings in the history of the Rams/Cardinals. That's how much people here dislike him. The guy literally walks through his routes and teams discovered you don't need to double cover him as he simply doesn't care enough to compete for the ball. Let someone else draft him. Even if you take him in the 20th round of your draft, there is no value here.