Sign in to follow this  
DrMantisToboggan

DEN Kicker: Brandon McManus

You gotta think he will score plenty first 4 games even if he doesn't win the job.

Any Denver homers hear anything about another kicker on deck in case McManus chokes?

By the time you have to cut him some other good kickers will also have byes and someone always drops their kicker on bye week. Hell I have to do it most years because no one is on my bench that I want to get rid of.

You can tell there are a lot of drafts coming up this weekend , There is a lot of kicker chat .

About the only way I would take him is if I took Prater too.

Its a kicker. Pick him up for the first couple games. You might not want him for game three...in Seattle....

Would u drop lions kicker freese for this guy?

I don't think it matters too much. Kicker's are so inconsistent that it doesn't matter. About the time you drop Freese because you take the high powered Broncos kicker here's what will happen. The Broncos will score 45 points and McMannus will get you 9 points. The Lions will then score 16 points and Freese will score 10. McManus at least gives you the opportunity to score a minimum of 4 extra points.

Flip a coin?

Yea I mean freese plays in a dome which I like and has a great offense. Now McManus May or may not take over as the starter. So unless I wanted to hold prater it may not be a smart idea. Yes McManus plays in Colorado but it snows up there and Peyton doesn't allow many FGs dude just throws TDS lol.

Agree with the late bye week... someone already has Prater and I didn't get Gostkowski like I normally do. I'm thinking McManus for now when I know for sure the Eagles are cutting Alex Henery then I will grab Cody Parky or whatever his name is.

Also note these last-minute starting kickers accounced, almost certainly available at the moment in most every league:

Derek Dimke (NO)

Cody Parkey (Phi)

Not proven by any means, but plenty of upside out there to be had at the kicker position.

Also note these last-minute starting kickers accounced, almost certainly available at the moment in most every league:

Derek Dimke (NO)

Cody Parkey (Phi)

Not proven by any means, but plenty of upside out there to be had at the kicker position.

Careful there - the Saints cut both their kickers today, Graham and Dimke. What they will do next is unknown.

Anyone streaming him? Could take the job.

I think McManus is a very good idea.

People should also keep an eye out for Prater and try to grab him before anyone else when he gets active.

I drafted Prater just to bench him until game 5 and drafted Graham until then. Graham got cut today so I'll pick up McManus until week 4 then choose a random kicker for the bye week. The thing is Prater scored 75 points in PAT's alone! That's worth the pick up to have any kicker Denver starts.

Anyone streaming him? Could take the job.

Can't believe the Gmen traded him. Strong leg.

Careful there - the Saints cut both their kickers today, Graham and Dimke. What they will do next is unknown.

It sounds like the Saints were just buying some time with a couple of injured players. Most likely they will re-sign Graham or pick Dimke back up. By cutting both kickers they were able to keep a couple of players for another week. They may move one to I.R. freeing up another roster spot and then they will sign a kicker.

Derek Dimke (NO)

Cody Parkey (Phi)

It sounds like the Saints were just buying some time with a couple of injured players. Most likely they will re-sign Graham or pick Dimke back up. By cutting both kickers they were able to keep a couple of players for another week. They may move one to I.R. freeing up another roster spot and then they will sign a kicker.

True but the original poster mentioned Dimke, I just wouldn't want anyone to pick him up or draft him thinking he will definitely be the kicker when he will very likely not be. - Now Parkey, he looks like he could be a great pick/add.

True but the original poster mentioned Dimke, I just wouldn't want anyone to pick him up or draft him thinking he will definitely be the kicker when he will very likely not be. - Now Parkey, he looks like he could be a great pick/add.

Yeah, fair enough. They're fluid situations worth monitoring, and could go bad quickly if these guys miss a few field goals early.

The point being that three of the most powerful offenses in the league have kickers that are going undrafted at the moment in basically every fantasy league. My guess is one (maybe even all 3) of these guys emerges as a top 10+ kicker option. These are your upside K choices in the last round, just make sure you are monitoring who is starting come week 1.

Not that we need any proof that drafting a kicker before the last round is stupid, but this year even more so.

Why not start him? Because he is a rookie? Look at all of the vets who got cut this year. I'd rather have the Denver kicker than New Orleans because Sean Payton likes to go for 2pts.

Philly's offense looks to be pretty potent and the rookie Parkey supposedly has a howitzer for a leg. He hit a couple 50+ in preseason and he did enough for the Eagles to sh!tcan the veteran for him.

How do the kicker savvy owners here feel about adding McManus and dropping Parkey. Huge fan of Parkey but he's about to hit his bye. McManus is obviously past his and it looks like not a lot of awareness that McManus is out there and ready to resume the no. 1 kicker job (at least from 2013).

My main concern is that Denver's first few games were not very productive for FGAs, just 1 FGA each game, not great. The Cards game of course was a blowout with several FGAs.

Good idea? Or hold Parkey and try to sneak him back post-bye?