Sign in to follow this  
ricanrockers

Harvin

Looks really good tonight. He stays healthy, it's going to be a Monster season!

Tons of catches but haven't done much with them.

I'm not sold.

Ok mr. Negative. Its encouraging to see the sheer amount of touches he is getting. He will break his share of plays eventually.

Tons of catches but haven't done much with them.

I'm not sold.

You watching the same game?

5 catches 48 yards and 2 carries 22 yards.

He leads the team in targets and is 5/5.

He's a typical small, playmaking WR. He's going to get a lot of short stuff that will eventually ensue in something big and he'll get a handful of downfield passes too. He'll also be involved in trick plays and have a small role in the run game. Plenty of touches for him.

Looks really good tonight. He stays healthy, it's going to be a Monster season!

Act 2 of your statement is the key.

You watching the same game?

5 catches 48 yards and 2 carries 22 yards.

He leads the team in targets and is 5/5.

He's a typical small, playmaking WR. He's going to get a lot of short stuff that will eventually ensue in something big and he'll get a handful of downfield passes too. He'll also be involved in trick plays and have a small role in the run game. Plenty of touches for him.

Hes just mad he didnt target harvin in any leagues.

Upside is limited by lack of RZ targets compared to high-end WR1s, and being on a powerhouse D/run game team that will often have the lead. The ultimate moveable chess piece in a category of his own in real life, but a WR2 in fantasy. (non-ppr)

Dude lookin' good. I'm curious to see if they'll go downfield to him at all, but he's getting it done tonight. You can't expect him to catch all his targets every night, but if they keep a few of those jet sweeps in he's going to have a nice safety net of rushing yards more weeks than not.

Upside is limited by lack of RZ targets compared to high-end WR1s, and being on a powerhouse D/run game team that will often have the lead. The ultimate moveable chess piece in a category of his own in real life, but a WR2 in fantasy. (non-ppr)

Upside limited? He has at least 14 points in non ppr leagues. I will take that any day out of my wr2.

Upside limited? He has at least 14 points in non ppr leagues. I will take that any day out of my wr2.

In real life, when healthy, he can be mentioned in the same sentence as Megatron, Dez, or Demaryious in terms of value to the team as a football player. In fantasy, he cannot.

he'll lead all WR's in rushing yards - and real shot at 1000 receiving. 10 TD's would be my guess. Top 5.

Seattle is planning on abusing him (in a good way, in terms of usage). As long as the wheels don't fall off this horse, he's a great WR2 and unreal WR3.

what this guy said

Harvin's like that super expensive sports car you just pulled the cover off and got out of the garage. It's so awesome driving it you wonder why you haven't been doing it all this time. Then you hit a pothole and suddenly you're out a few grand fixing the g0ddamn thing and you remember Oh yeah, THAT's why I stopped driving that focking thing

Not sure where you got that number as he got 12.5 pts in my 0.5 pt ppr league tonight. But, he is clearly a key piece of the Seattle gameplan, and he is my WR3, so I'm not complaining. :)

Not sure where you got that number as he got 12.5 pts in my 0.5 pt ppr league tonight. But, he is clearly a key piece of the Seattle gameplan, and he is my WR3, so I'm not complaining. :)

My bad. He got 9. So yeah not great. Solid. I read his receiver yards at 95 instead of 59.

He got 10 points in standard scoring tonight, that's equivalent in points to Anquan Boldin of last year. Better in real life than fantasy.

10 points is still a solid game out of a wr2 in standard. As long as the rest of the team is money its fine. I have philly defense going against jax sunday to make up for it.

- if they continue to use him in the variety of ways we saw last night, then the huge games are on the horizon. was impressed with the playcalling centered on him, seemed like a dozen or so plays were scripted to get this kid involved early and often.

health remains the key issue, the talent cannot be questioned.

slag him as i did, it's because i just don't see him holding up for the duration :dunno:

props to Bevell for the scheme, and for Harvin executing it so damn well.

Think he is going to be a high floor, big upside WR in PPR when he is healthy... Its better being productive and injury prone than inconsistent.... When a guy is out hurt, you can start someone else who can produce... Inconsistent players put up goose eggs which hurt worse.

Think he is going to be a high floor, big upside WR in PPR when he is healthy... Its better being productive and injury prone than inconsistent.... When a guy is out hurt, you can start someone else who can produce... Inconsistent players put up goose eggs which hurt worse.

Good point.

Injury concerns aside, the reason folks were shying away from Harvin a month ago was because SEA was a run first team and the passing game was too fickle to depend on any one receiver. Stat monkeys focus on the numbers, but I thought it was clear SEA will try to get the ball into Harvin's hands as much as possible.

He's not a typical WR, so won't have the same numbers as the studs at the position have. But he's a tremendous offensive weapon. His floor is about what we saw last night and when he busts a long one he'll put up WR1 numbers. Considering some nabbed him as a WR3, you have to be impressed with what you saw last night.

Good point.

Injury concerns aside, the reason folks were shying away from Harvin a month ago was because SEA was a run first team and the passing game was too fickle to depend on any one receiver. Stat monkeys focus on the numbers, but I thought it was clear SEA will try to get the ball into Harvin's hands as much as possible.

He's not a typical WR, so won't have the same numbers as the studs at the position have. But he's a tremendous offensive weapon. His floor is about what we saw last night and when he busts a long one he'll put up WR1 numbers. Considering some nabbed him as a WR3, you have to be impressed with what you saw last night.

The only thing that dropped him was the injury concerns. I agree with you on the WR1 numbers, just as long as he is healthy.

But I think Seattle is gunning for championships, so they are going to be careful with him during the regular season. They essentially showed last year they didn't give a crap about what he did during the regular season and just wanted him for the big games in the playoffs. And that's where he delivered, paying off that gamble completely.

great points Dank.

this isn't hard to understand - Percy may get hurt - you could even argue it's likely that he'll get hurt - but while he's healthy, he gets TONS of touches and that alone limits his floor - his talent, along with those touches expands his ceiling.