Sign in to follow this  
phillybear

***The Official Seattle Seahawks IN-Season Thread 2014-15***

I don't fear Dallas. Seattle tends to get up, way up, to take on opponents they lost to previously in recent memory. They avenged their home loss to Arizona last season by smoking them twice this year. They swept SF three in a row after losing to them last season. Beat the Rams this year in revenge. They get up for these challenges. And I could be wrong, but the 'Hawks missing 11 starters in that game. And still had the game won if not for the miracle 3rd and forever conversion. I think Dallas presents challenges simply because their offensive line is excellent, and if the defense can't generate pressure, they will give up yards in a bend don't break situation. They ran for huge chunks of yardage. I'd chalk some of that up to injuries and players being out, but that isn't going to explain it 100%. Seattle is fast, but Dallas is big.

But all you have to do is keep replaying the Romo FG snap over and over on every available screen during every stoppage of play, and Romo's House of Horrors could easily kick in and we would see an epic meltdown.

Also, I'm not impressed by Dallas' Strength of Victory, especially on the road.

Here's the thing. It's hard to tease out how much of the early-season struggle was due to (1) playing better QBs, like Rivers or Romo, or (2) dealing with the high number of injuries to key guys like Wagner and Chancellor. We played a pretty lousy collection of QBs over the last six games of the year, with the exception of Kaepernick, who apparently sucks only when he plays us or shortly after playing us.

In other words, if you're optimistic on the Hawks in the playoffs (and I am), then you're basically trotting out the old "it's not you, it's me" line. At the same time I don't want to discount a team like Dallas because a big offensive line has the potential to wear us down on D.

Obviously I'm happy with the seeding but it always sucks not being able to watch the Hawks for a week.

It's more crazy not knowing what to root for.

Although I think I'm rooting for Dallas to beat Detroit so that the 'Hawks get the winner of Carolina/Arizona next week.

I think Detroit is the best of our three possible opponents. I kind of want to see them win just to keep the Hawks on their toes. Though I REALLY want a rematch with Dallas.

Make it stop. Please, make it stop. I want to toss in the *edit* on both Carolina and Arizona. *EDIT*. What a *edit* game. *EDIT*

So, will it the be the Cardinals with their *edit* defense and *edit* QB, or Carolina with a barely standing *edit* Newton coming up next? Man, I don't want to give the Green Bay Packers a *edit* game so I definitely want D*edit* to face GB next week. It's not that I'm *edit* of any team, but getting an *edit* opponent rather than Dallas sounds *edit*. Not that I'm trying to jinx anything. I think I have to re-read my post to make sure I'm not *edit* anything.

Make it stop. Please, make it stop. I want to toss in the *edit* on both Carolina and Arizona. *EDIT*. What a *edit* game. *EDIT*

So, will it the be the Cardinals with their *edit* defense and *edit* QB, or Carolina with a barely standing *edit* Newton coming up next? Man, I don't want to give the Green Bay Packers a *edit* game so I definitely want D*edit* to face GB next week. It's not that I'm *edit* of any team, but getting an *edit* opponent rather than Dallas sounds *edit*. Not that I'm trying to jinx anything. I think I have to re-read my post to make sure I'm not *edit* anything.

Seattle vs. Green bay is inevitable..... immovable object vs. unstoppable force

We can feign interest in all of this other nonsense if we like..... but it's going to be little Rusty Wilson -- the pride of UW -- vs. one-legged Rodgers, the GOAT....

The Packers have already handled the Pats, so GB/SEA will be the Super Bowl :music_guitarred:

Seattle vs. Green bay is inevitable..... immovable object vs. unstoppable force

We can feign interest in all of this other nonsense if we like..... but it's going to be little Rusty Wilson -- the pride of UW -- vs. one-legged Rodgers, the GOAT....

The Packers have already handled the Pats, so GB/SEA will be the Super Bowl :music_guitarred:

I've been hearing that, the Aaron Rodgers injury will last weeks. He will be gimpy for a while. True? If that's the case, that's a tough break. For what it's worth, Seattle's run defense has been stout all year, so if there is a possible matchup down the road, that would be tough for GB if they couldn't rely on pounding it out on the ground and have to rely on a one legged QB. If Detroit beat Dallas, then you guys get Carolina instead of Dallas, which I suspect you are rooting for, although Carolina is on quite a roll right now.

Well, eulogy for Arizona. I kind of feel bad for their fans. Of course, if this was SF, I'd be hoping their fans were snorting Ebola and drinking Measels slurpees. Anyway...

Arizona was dealt a cruel hand. Started the season with an incredible record. Their QB situation was dicey week to week. But losing Carson Palmer for the year just killed them. Their defense was timely, as they consistently forced turnovers at all the key moments to make up for any deficiencies their offense and defense had. But, the QB situation just killed them, and allowed them to lose ground to hard charging Seattle, forced them onto the road in the playoffs in the first week, and end their season. I can look at last season for Seattle, where our team jumped out early and was the front runner to the end of the season. That could easily have been Arizona this year. Actually, it probably should have been. But the Carson Palmer, a QB that I respect quite a bit, injury just killed them. And Drew Stanton just kicked the corpse. The world has declared, if you want to sign Palmer to a contract, do it in the offseason, because the last two times, it's led to an injury immediately.

Good luck next year to the Cards.

• Like 1

For what it's worth, Seattle played Carolina in 2005 on the way to the Super Bowl. For what it's worth.

I've been hearing that, the Aaron Rodgers injury will last weeks. He will be gimpy for a while. True? If that's the case, that's a tough break. For what it's worth, Seattle's run defense has been stout all year, so if there is a possible matchup down the road, that would be tough for GB if they couldn't rely on pounding it out on the ground and have to rely on a one legged QB. If Detroit beat Dallas, then you guys get Carolina instead of Dallas, which I suspect you are rooting for, although Carolina is on quite a roll right now.

Yes... Rodgers will be on one leg for the rest of the season... but he's very good on one leg.

The Packers are a completely different team than what they were at the beginning of the season... See Detroit. Who dominated the Packers early in the season (after SEA did) and then just got completely dominated last week. The Packers had a guy named Derrick Sherrod playing right tackle against the Seahawks -- who is probably one of the worst lineman in the history of the NFL and who has since been cut -- and he ruined every play. Lacy and Cobb and Adams and the O-line and the defense have come on tremendously since then.

Seattle is a class franchise....they have the belt right now... they stole a lot of talent evaluators from the Packers over the years but they also gave us back Ted Thompson..

I will be disappointed if its not a GB/SEA championship game.... and I will be disappointed if that's not a good game :doublethumbsup:

I'm laughing how this thread was covered with terra firma and on life support halfway through the season. I'll bet if you go back you'll find about a months void between posts lol... Hawk fans were on the ledge, acting like their dog died. In fact, I posted in her personally trying to build them up, saying how their team was still champion and not yet dead.

Now they're out of control again.

Ha ha ha ha ha... You can't make this sh*t up!

Ha ha ha ha... this is like watching an old rerun of The Andy Griffith Show. I never seen so many Barney Fife's whining and panicking. Somebody better take away that single bullet in the revolver lol... That wasn't even close to a fair catch. Though he did lift his hand, it never went above his shoulder and he sure as hell wasn't waving it. But what about the fake punt? Or allowing Mason to gouge you for ten yards with the game on the line? Oh my God, can't this team and its fans ever lose gracefully? Oh the gnashing of teeth and crying. Pete Carroll was so agitated on the sideline somebody should have thrown him a pacifier.

In 2000 the Baltimore Ravens were 5-4 going in to Week 10, having just lost three in a row without its offense scoring a single touchdown in any of the three losses. They came back to win a super bowl. Convincingly.

Mark of a true champion is how they handle adversity.

I'll give the Hawks this... they have taken care of their business and acted like champs in the face of adversity. Getting Wagner back was huge.

• Like 1

I'm laughing how this thread was covered with terra firma and on life support halfway through the season. I'll bet if you go back you'll find about a months void between posts lol... Hawk fans were on the ledge, acting like their dog died. In fact, I posted in her personally trying to build them up, saying how their team was still champion and not yet dead.

Now they're out of control again.

Ha ha ha ha ha... You can't make this sh*t up!

Eh, I'm posting while imbiding, but I'm pretty sure that we were disgusted with our play from the team halfway through the season, which was warrented. Injuries, sub par effort, Harvin melt down. It took a drastic change in play to get us fired up again. So be it.

It's not that we gave up on being fans. We post, rain or shine. Do the math, over the years at FFT. I've been posting a write up of every game (sans Week Two) to keep up with it.

Eh, I'm posting while imbiding, but I'm pretty sure that we were disgusted with our play from the team halfway through the season, which was warrented. Injuries, sub par effort, Harvin melt down. It took a drastic change in play to get us fired up again. So be it.

It's not that we gave up on being fans. We post, rain or shine. Do the math, over the years at FFT. I've been posting a write up of every game (sans Week Two) to keep up with it.

Can't argue with that. Hey, I've got Michael stashed in a keeper league. What are they going to do with Lynch? And even if he goes, does Michael get that job over Turbin? That team's crazy if they don't bring Beastmode back.

So....Dallas or Detroit? What are you guys rooting for?

go lions, go

Hah! I'm assuming that you're a Hawks' fan - else, be careful what you wish for.

But yeah, I'm with you; don't want to have to deal with Dallas again. Enough is enough. :)

Hah! I'm assuming that you're a Hawks' fan - else, be careful what you wish for.

But yeah, I'm with you; don't want to have to deal with Dallas again. Enough is enough. :)

nah, just hate the cowboys

Look, I'm used to seeing that mentally retarded QB Peyton doing pizza commercials for cardboard pizza, and they run thousands of these cringe inducing monstrosities during the playoffs, but old man Joe Montana is embarrassing himself in his new role as the butt of Peyton Manning's unfunny jokes in a national Ad campaign. My teeth hurt from the eye pain. Make it stop, God Almighty, make it stop.

Bring on Carolina with their limping QB. While Dallas and Green Bay beat each other up.

"That's the best defense we've played all year by far." - Tony Romo, post game.

Go fock yourself, Romo.

While Jordan Hill is going to be out, so is the Panthers' big DT, Star Lotulelei. Overall this is a plus for the Hawks. As good as Hill seems to be developing, that big Samoan guy (he has to be Samoan with that last name, amirite?) is a disruptive force on the D-line.

Plus we're getting Unger back.

While Jordan Hill is going to be out, so is the Panthers' big DT, Star Lotulelei. Overall this is a plus for the Hawks. As good as Hill seems to be developing, that big Samoan guy (he has to be Samoan with that last name, amirite?) is a disruptive force on the D-line.

Plus we're getting Unger back.

It was nice seeing Hill go from borderline draft bust to a contributing rotational DT. Apparently Michael Bennet took him under his wing. Having a guy like Kevin Williams around probably helped too. With Mebane and Hill out, the middle is a bit of question mark as we continue to sign guys off the street to fill in. Williams is playing way more than was anticipated and Bennett rarely goes to the bench anymore.

I think we had Star Lotelelei in camp as an undrafted free agent this year, unless I'm mistaken. I don't think he lasted all that long.

Getting Unger back is huge. Russell Wilson has to call out the shifts and changes in assignments for the offensive line when Unger is out. Now, Wilson can go back and simply focus on being a QB doing QB stuff.

I guess Carolina had a bunch of lineup changes since the mid season meeting, but Seattle got healthy in the same time. It's going to be a brand new matchup.

It's been a bit unsettling how complacency has set it the past couple of weeks for me. After the charge to get the #1 seed, it's been hard to get the intensity back for me for this upcoming game, and it's already Thursday. I've never seen a title in my lifetime, so after winning one, I don't know if the same intense nervous energy will come back with the same force, ever. I feel confident going into Saturday, just not as fired up. Well, facing SF in the playoffs was just epic due to the rivalry, and beating former bitter rival with front office Horseface at the helm in the Superbowl was great. Carolina......eh, I hope the 'Hawks are more ready than I am. Then again, I may fall into old habits and revert to becoming a savage, bellowing from my bubbling cauldron of hate at the top of my lungs so that neighbors from 5 miles away will call the police to report that some wild animal is being mercilessly slaughtered. And that's just during the national anthem.

Hawks surely can't look past Carolina.

I am sure coaching staff will have them ready.

Cam Newton is gonna have his hands full with CLink crowd and Seattle defense and he's dinged up .

Carolina will give Russell Wilson some problems but I expect the Hawks defense to

shift feild position and Hawks should hold serve at home.

But this is the NFL and nothing is guaranteed.

Stubhub tickets not too bad for a playoff game if you feel like splurging.Detroit matchup would have been out of my price range

but am pretty jacked to be going Saturday.

Congrats on the win streak to end the year and make playoffs to all Panther fans out there.

Good luck Saturday and hope you guys and Hawks stay injury-free.

• Like 1

Looks like Dan Quinn has the Jets head coaching job wrapped up. Sad to see him go.

Let's not overlook the terms of the Percy Harvin trade. If Harvin were to remain on the Jets roster next season, the Seahawks get a 4th round pick in compensation; if he gets cut, the Seahawks get a 6th round pick. Being that Quinn watched the situation unfold in person, expect a 6th round pick.

If we hadn't played Carolina three times in three years, and struggled in each game, yeah, I might argue that intensity could be off. But they know what they're dealing with.

Carolina is apparently a beast at handling runs to the outside, so with Unger back, and Lotulelei gone, I think we'll see Carp, Unger and Sweezy leading a charge straight up the gut. With the occasional clipping penalty on Britt for trying to roll up someone's ankles. :doh:

Or....do we change things up and let Russ take us flying out of the gates? Start throwing deep early to make the LBs and safeties back up, and then come back with runs up the gut?

If we hadn't played Carolina three times in three years,

What position do you play?

I mostly play corner. Of the leather couch. With a remote standing at the ready. :banana:

:doublethumbsup:

Hawks surely can't look past Carolina.

I am sure coaching staff will have them ready.

Cam Newton is gonna have his hands full with CLink crowd and Seattle defense and he's dinged up .

Carolina will give Russell Wilson some problems but I expect the Hawks defense to

shift feild position and Hawks should hold serve at home.

But this is the NFL and nothing is guaranteed.

Stubhub tickets not too bad for a playoff game if you feel like splurging.Detroit matchup would have been out of my price range

but am pretty jacked to be going Saturday.

Congrats on the win streak to end the year and make playoffs to all Panther fans out there.

Good luck Saturday and hope you guys and Hawks stay injury-free.

I'll be there too screaming my head off. I don't think that Carolina will be able to handle the intensity. It might not happen right away but the Hawks will pull away and cover the 11 point spread.

• Like 1

Picking the side: 13-2
Against the spread: 14-1

Carolina Panthers at Seattle Seahawks (-11.5)

Let's look at some numbers:

Seattle offense is #9, Carolina is #16

Seattle averages 5.3 yards per rush and #1, Carolina 4.3 and #13

Seattle is #27 passing offense, Carolina is #19

Seattle is #1 total defense giving up 267.1 yards per game, Carolina is #10 and 339.8 ypg

Seattle gives up 15.9 points per game, Carolina gives up 23.4 ppg

Seattle defense is #8 in allowing 3rd conversions, Carolina is #22

Seattle is the #3 rush defense, Carolina is #16

Seattle allows 3.4 yards per rush which is #2, Carolina allows 4.5 ypr which is #27

Seattle is #1 vs the pass, Carolina is #11

Seattle allows 6.3 yards per pass play and #1, Carolina allows 7.0 yppp and is #12

Seattle has outgained 14 of 16 opponents in total yards

Carolina was outgained by 9 straight opponents in total yards, before outgaining their last 7

Seattle has won their last 6 games by double digits, covering every game

With Center Max Unger in the lineup, Seattle averages 203 rushing yards per game, 6.0 ypr

With Center Max Unger not in the lineup, Seattle averages 153 rushing yards per game, 4.8 ypr

I went into the stats looking for some edge that Carolina may have, some way they can compete. And I just don't see anything. In fact, I came away even more convinced of a convincing Seattle win due to some surprising numbers. 3rd down converstion rate on defense. Everybody knows that Seattle has the best defense in football and would have the superior stats. But Carolina is #22 at stopping teams on 3rd down, which will lead to long, time consuming drives, which Seattle is really good at. Carolina is also poor on a yards per rush basis, which feeds to Seattle's NFL best rushing attack. Sure, some of that is due to Russell Wilson's rushing. Next, it can't be minimized how important Max Unger is to the offensive line, most likely the most important offensive lineman, who is finally coming back to the lineup. The team's rushing attack improves exponentially. Coupled with the loss of a key defensive lineman for Carolina, and I suspect Seattle will gash Carolina's defense with Lynch, Turbin, and Girl's Name. Seattle has been able to hit some big passing plays down the field on Carolina in the recent past, and there is no reason they can't go down the field today as Russell Wilson's deep ball seems to be back and accurate again. Offensively, Carolina is going to struggle, as Newton has an injured back and gimpy leg. You can draw a comparison of Newton to Kaepernick in their physical traits, scrambling ability, and lack of ability to go through progressions to find an open receiver. But Newton will be less mobile due to injuries and has far less weapons on offense to work with than San Fran did. And Seattle dispatched SF fairly easily twice down the stretch of the season. Emotionally? Well, Carolina has momentum, but they were beating up on terrible NFC South teams and the Browns. Ron Rivera's home burned down, so that's a distraction. I know Carolina has made whole sale changes to the starting lineups all over due to injuries and subpar play since the last time the Seahawks played them. Also, Seattle had a boatload of injuries back then and have gotten healthy and have even more momentum than Carolina. I have no preconceived hate towards Carolina, a respectable team. And they've played the Seahawks tough the past 3 years in Carolina, but lost each game. I just think they are overmatched on the field whether they are on offense or defense. And no team is better at 2nd half adjustments than Seattle. This is going to be a strong contender for the most boring game of this round of the playoffs this year.

Seattle Seahawks 26

Carolina Panthers 6

For the Seahawk fans going to the game, scream your balls off. Go 'Hawks!!

Theres no place like home. Theres no place like home. Theres no place like home. And BLAMMO. I'm back. Holy cr@p, that sh!t actually worked. Now on to the important stuff. Seattle wins 23-6 and are never in any trouble.

• Like 1