Sign in to follow this  
Antiramie

Anyone go RB-RB-RB?

It wasn't by any means my strategy going into the draft, but Lacy/Martin/Morris were too hard to pass up through the first three rounds.

Anyone else do the same? And are you satisfied with the results?

I like to diversify my team unless the value play demands i go that route. To me, morris isnt that safe of a back to pass on a stud receiver if one i like is still there. Also wouldnt have passed on julius thomas for morris.

I tend to reach a little bit for guys I really like, so I ended up starting the draft with with Ben Tate, Ridley, & Moreno. Luckily, I was able to snag Golden Taint and Allen Hurns next.....and snatched up Derek Carr in the 6th and Pettigrew in the 7th. The rest of my draft was mostly just fliers.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

I wasn't planning on it either but from the 9 I went Ball, Bernard, and Ellington. That left me a little weak at WR with White and E Sanders but I'm still holding my Josh Gordon lottery ticket.

I like to diversify my team unless the value play demands i go that route. To me, morris isnt that safe of a back to pass on a stud receiver if one i like is still there. Also wouldnt have passed on julius thomas for morris.

Best WRs at 2.07 were Brown, Jeffery, Cobb. Best WRs at 3.06 were Andre, Cruz, Roddy. Julius went 3.01.

I went RB, RB, RB, RB.

Our .5 PPR 14 team league starts 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 3 Flex (RB,WR,TE), DST, K.

Not by design I drafted players I felt gave me great value in the flex spots as they fell to me using Doug's Big Board.

Drafting in the 6th spot I got in order:

Lacy, Ball, Ellington, Gerhart and then took Brady in the 5th.

My WR's: Welker, Cooks, Randle, Matthews, Britt. TE: Rudolph. I need Welker to come back in a big way.

I also nabbed Bernard Pierce and Helu later in draft.

I didn't exactly go RB-RB-RB but I had the 2nd pick in a 10-team league last night. We just switched to a PPR league & none of the guys I drafted with have played in a PPR league before. I went McCoy, Jeffrey, Gio, & for some strange reason L. Bell fell to me in the 4th. Every time someone asked if Bell had been taken, someone spouted off he was getting suspended for the dope charge.

Not the brightest of fellas but I'll take it to the bank all day, everyday.

I went RB, RB, RB, RB.

Our .5 PPR 14 team league starts 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 3 Flex (RB,WR,TE), DST, K.

Not by design I drafted players I felt gave me great value in the flex spots as they fell to me using Doug's Big Board.

My WR's: Welker, Cooks, Randle, Matthews, Britt

TE: Rudolph

I need Welker to come back in a big way.

You drafted that stable of RBs in a 14 team league? There was no way you could pass on the value. That is one trade or waiver WR blow up receiver away from being a super stacked team.

You drafted that stable of RBs in a 14 team league? There was no way you could pass on the value. That is one trade or waiver WR blow up receiver away from being a super stacked team.

Yes.

I hope so. Last years champ went heavy on WR. And took WR's with his first 3 picks, Vereen in the 4th and WR/WR in the 5th and 6th.. I went opposite.

He and I have finished 1/2 the last two years.

I wasn't planning on it either but from the 9 I went Ball, Bernard, and Ellington. That left me a little weak at WR with White and E Sanders but I'm still holding my Josh Gordon lottery ticket.

You do realize josh Gordon is banned for the season

It wasn't by any means my strategy going into the draft, but Lacy/Martin/Morris were too hard to pass up through the first three rounds.

Anyone else do the same? And are you satisfied with the results?

in a PPR league there is no way that would work .

One league I went WR, RB, RB.

Also, was not my plan, but in a 12 team PPR I got:

Demarius Thomas, Montee Ball and Leveon Bell from the 8 hole.

I just couldn't say no when these guys fell to me. Feel like I got 3 first round draft picks.

Roster is pretty sick. Also got Ray Rice, Sproles, Kenny Stills, Mike Evans, Vernon Davis, Martellus Bennett, ... streaming Kaepernick and Rivers.

• Like 1

One league I went WR, RB, RB.

Also, was not my plan, but in a 12 team PPR I got:

Demarius Thomas, Montee Ball and Leveon Bell from the 8 hole.

I just couldn't say no when these guys fell to me. Feel like I got 3 first round draft picks.

Roster is pretty sick. Also got Ray Rice, Sproles, Kenny Stills, Mike Evans, Vernon Davis, Martellus Bennett, ... streaming Kaepernick and Rivers.

Yeah that roster isnt that great. Mediocre? Sure. I did go k, def, k, k, punter, rb, qb, def once and still won my league. True story.

Dude, 12 team, big money league you can't afford and I got Demarius Thomas, Montee Ball and Leveon Bell in that draft. All 3 are valid first rounders.

I can wait 2 weeks for Ray Rice as my RB3!

Stud WR corps, stud TEs, stud D, stud kicker. Streaming Kaepernick and Rivers.

Team is dangerous.

I had no intent to do so but ended up going LAcy, Bernard, Ellington having had the #4 pick in a 12 teamer.

I got talked into an 8 team league this year. Not terribly enthusiastic about it, but the commish is a friend and he needed one more to make the league go....I got tied up and wasnt able to make the draft, luckily i had played with the pre ranker a bit beforehand...this was my autodraft draft (from the 6 spot)

Jamal Charles

Eddie Lacy

Gio Bernard

Al Morris

Keenan Allen

Vincent Jackson

Mike Floyd

Matt Stafford

Jordan Reed

Bengals

Kicker (DAMN YOU AUTODRAFT!!!)

Torey Smith

Kyle Rudolf

Jeremy Hill

Bernard Pierce

Andre Williams

Jay Cutler

Dougie Baldwin

Robert Woods

Delanie Walker

I mean i know its a crappy 8 teamer, but thats a lot of quality RBs, no?

drafted for a friend who had a conflict in a 10 team non-PPR and these guys just fell to me at the 5 spot:

Lacy

Ball

Bernard
Gerhart

felt like good value to me :dunno:

edit*: also, it's 2 RB & 2 flex, so all 4 of those guys are starting

Heading into the draft RB-RB-RB was my strategy and its a PPR league... I was got DeMarco Murray, Montee Ball, and Shane Vereen... Then I was still able to get Cobb and Edelman as my WR's.. I am more then pleased...

If you can start 3rbs then its perfectly viable. Id even say an optimal draft woud be rb, rb, rb, then 2 wrs like roddy, fitz, andrej etc in rnd 4-5. Then a TE if Cameron falls in 6, followed by an excellent qb like Ryan or Romo in rnd 7. Ur absolutely set if the draft goes like that for you. There are good wrs to be had in rnd 4-5 but barely any rbs.

7th pick...Lacy, Ball, Ellington. Followed up with V Jax, Rice, Cutler, Romo, Edelman,T. Williams, Ertz, Hunter, Colston. Like the team. 12 teamer. 6pts per TD.

I went RB, RB, RB, RB.

7th pick...Lacy, Ball, Ellington. Followed up with V Jax, Rice, Cutler, Romo, Edelman,T. Williams, Ertz, Hunter, Colston. Like the team. 12 teamer. 6pts per TD.

Ruh roh.

Ruh roh.

No kiddin.

This blows. My only hope for good news is a short recovery time for Lacy and Ellington and a NFL drug policy change for Welker.. Just dumped Thompkins for Gordon this morning.

This year was a bad year to go RB RB RB IMO. After the top 5 or 6 rbs on the board I have no more faith in the 2nd tier guys like Stacy Martin etc than I do in the guys you can get later like Vereen, J. Bell, etc. for ex I went RB wr wr wr RB and got Lacy d. Thomas. Jordy. Roddy and Vereen. Even got FJAX late. I have no idea how Thomas and jordy fell to me. Everyone went RB crazy the first 2 rds so maybe my example isn't the greatest but u get the point.

Colston in the 12th round? Thats a joke right?

Colston in the 12th round? Thats a joke right?

no it was sooner than that. i was just listing my team randomly. no sooner did i say i liked my team i have issues with lacy and now ellington. life goes on.

no it was sooner than that. i was just listing my team randomly. no sooner did i say i liked my team i have issues with lacy and now ellington. life goes on.

Yup. You have any other RB's besides Rice? If Lacy and Ellington's status is in question next week that wouldn't be too fun.

Yup. You have any other RB's besides Rice? If Lacy and Ellington's status is in question next week that wouldn't be too fun.

Ball and McFadden