Sign in to follow this  
J-Money

Anyone watching Pregame? Gordon and welker potentially available?

The fact you are even considering such a move shows you are not fit to be a commish. HTH

k cool story bro. I've been commish for 13 years, sorry if I am not some dictator doosh, who thinks they are so cool to be commish of a fake fantasy league...If there are concerns from the league I address it. I host the draft and set up the website, but I dont make hardly any decisions without popular opinion

The fact you are even considering such a move shows you are not fit to be a commish. HTH

:thumbsup:

k cool story bro. I've been commish for 13 years, sorry if I am not some dictator doosh, who thinks they are so cool to be commish of a fake fantasy league...If there are concerns from the league I address it. I host the draft and set up the website, but I dont make hardly any decisions without popular opinion

Doesnt matter if you or anyone else has been commissioner for 100 years. Even just the thought of not allowing the team with #1 waiver to claim Gordon because 5 owners, who have lower waiver, want Gordon is ridiculous and makes absolutely no sense.

Your first response to anyone of these 5 other owners should have been, "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU SMOKING DUMBASS???"

fwiw, I think this is a unique situation what could happen with Gordon. Had the news been made available even Weds, everyone would have had a chance to draft him as a flier. I have had 6 owners contact me about the situation INCLUDING the team that is no 1 in waiver priority. Its a complete imbalance of the league, and as a league we think there should be a better solution, than just happening to be the team who drafted 12th

Someone could've drafted him -- i did!

:thumbsup:

Doesnt matter if you or anyone else has been commissioner for 100 years. Even just the thought of not allowing the team with #1 waiver to claim Gordon because 5 owners, who have lower waiver, want Gordon is ridiculous and makes absolutely no sense.

Your first response to anyone of these 5 other owners should have been, "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU SMOKING DUMBASS???"

+1

Sup PAT?!!!!!

Any idea if we're going to here today about whether this new policy will go in effect or not? Like some others, I dropped my Kicker for Gordon, and will need to figure out what to do by the end of the day today so I can either drop Gordon or somebody else to have a Kicker in my lineup by tomorrow.

Any idea if we're going to here today about whether this new policy will go in effect or not? Like some others, I dropped my Kicker for Gordon, and will need to figure out what to do by the end of the day today so I can either drop Gordon or somebody else to have a Kicker in my lineup by tomorrow.

I believe Sunday was the target day for a decision.

OK, 3 of the 4 kickers playing Monday night are available, so I could potentially wait until tomorrow evening, then make a move to add one of them before Monday. Thanks.

With how much the NFLPA has emphasized wanting Gordon and Welker's suspensions eliminated, I think a deal makes it reality that they play really soon.

My gut says they'll be available for week 2 and that we'll know by today or tomorrow.

Has nothing to do with being a dictator. The rules are set before the league year starts. If they don't like it, they should have brought up beforehand. The only concern your league members have is for themselves. If you change the rule after the fact than you are a terrible commissioner. Next year do a blind auction waiver. Problem solved.

I think that is your problem, to be the commissioner you do have to be a dictator. They trusted you to make sure the rules are followed. If you let every decision be up for discussion there are always going to be 10-11 people who don't want a certain thing to happen because it makes their competition stronger. The only time for discussion is before the season when you are deciding on the rules.

The season has started so you follow the rules the league agreed on. If you let the rules change now you lose all credibility as a commissioner.

Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio reports a "tentative agreement" over the use of third-party arbitration for appeals of PED and HGH violations that were not caused by a positive test has been reached.

In other words, Roger Goodell would give up the power to unilaterally rule on suspension appeals related to situations like the BALCO or Biogenesis cases. Though this agreement clears one major hurdle in the negotiation process, the two sides still need to hash out how to deal with players charged with but not convicted of DUIs. Even though obstacles remain, the general feeling is a deal is close, with one source telling Pro Football Talk, "I'm expecting an announcement at any time."

OK, 3 of the 4 kickers playing Monday night are available, so I could potentially wait until tomorrow evening, then make a move to add one of them before Monday. Thanks.

In my leagues you cant drop someone whos team has already played so might want to consider that before you follow this plan

popular opinion has nothing to do with anything. You need to do what is best for the league. Unless its a 100 percent agreed upon in season rule change you simply can not do it. Being a commish is more than just setting up the site its making sure the league runs smooth and things are fair. This is not fair in any way shape or form.

- said it way upthread, and I'll reiterate:

USING FAAB ELIMINATES ALL OF THIS POOSAY DRAMA.

every FA is in play for every team. no d-bag gets to camp the fock out at the top priority spot.

strategic. fair. common sense.

thanks.

- said it way upthread, and I'll reiterate:

USING FAAB ELIMINATES ALL OF THIS POOSAY DRAMA.

every FA is in play for every team. no d-bag gets to camp the fock out at the top priority spot.

strategic. fair. common sense.

thanks.

Just makes too much sense...

oh, btw ... if you are using the wire, so be it - but ya don't tamper with the fockin thing. people need to sack the fock up.

did the guy who drew pick 12 for the draft cry because it meant he had no shot at Shady? same premise ... the luck of the draw is just that .. luck.

live with it.

oh, btw ... if you are using the wire, so be it - but ya don't tamper with the fockin thing. people need to sack the fock up.

did the guy who drew pick 12 for the draft cry because it meant he had no shot at Shady? same premise ... the luck of the draw is just that .. luck.

live with it.

You keep forgetting to say:

I AM NEWPOSTERGUY!

Anyone know when Gordon got tested positive? I am pretty sure Welker will be able to play, but it's little mucky on Gordon timeline.

Watching NFL network - Ian Rapoport on NFL Gameday Morning - sounds like they are extremely close & a final agreement should be reached this week. No decision/agreement will be made today (Sunday) as the 32 reps that need to vote are too busy to address this today.

Anyone know when Gordon got tested positive? I am pretty sure Welker will be able to play, but it's little mucky on Gordon timeline.

I don't know if it matters, I think they can negotiate anything they want. As long as both sides agree they can negotiate a year's supply of bubblegum for Peyton Manning and amnesty for Gordon.

the lions, giants, chargers, cardinals, packers and seahags reps should be available :dunno:

Watching NFL network - Ian Rapoport on NFL Gameday Morning - sounds like they are extremely close & a final agreement should be reached this week. No decision/agreement will be made today (Sunday) as the 32 reps that need to vote are too busy to address this today.

Different reports by everyone. Mortenson on ESPN Game Day just said its still possible but found this on CBS

La Canfora: Amnesty for currently suspended players unlikely

Though the NFL and player's union are working toward a settlement numerous questions regarding the drug testing policy, CBSSports.com NFL Insider Jason La Canfora reports that amnesty for players currently serving suspensions is not being strongly considered.

According to the report, neither side in the negotiations appears to be pushing for reductions to current suspensions for players like Wes Welker or Josh Gordon . At this point in the negotiations, it does not seem like a priority.

"Right now I don't see us reaching an agreement in the near term with or without player suspensions being lifted," a league source said.

My emotions are all over the place. This thread could be gold if suspensions are lifted. Or it could be one the biggest fails in bored history.

• Like 1

Anyone trying to trade him before the outcome is determined. I was trying to trade him in a 3 WR keeper league for a wr3 type

Anyone trying to trade him before the outcome is determined. I was trying to trade him in a 3 WR keeper league for a wr3 type

I'm keeping him until the news breaks. If he plays, I just picked up a WR1. If he doesn't play, my team is in no worse shape.

• Like 1

Amen; stand pat.

If you trade him and his suspension gets lifted, you just traded a winning lottery ticket for a new scratch off. The guy receiving him will ride your a$$ all year about that.

If you hold him and he serves his suspension, you've lost a week or two with a scrub player or lost a few $$ on a bid that didn't pan out.