Sign in to follow this  
mccombsau

Seriously, drop AP or not?

Open waivers, whatever, knock it or not...does the guy have a chance to play or not? I've already got a spot wasting away on Flash...

100% drop him.

This.

Dynasty, mebbe keep him, but for a redraft? No way in hell. (sorry wepaws for using the H word)

• Like 1

Hold for a bit longer until we see how things are gonna wash out.

I dropped Rice right away and some idiot blew half their waiver money to pick him up.

AP is not gonna play this year.

Does he have some court date coming up soon after which we should have more info on his availability? I do doubt he plays again but would hold him for now.

I am putting in a claim on AP as the owner who had him dropped him. I look at it like this. If he ends up pleading out which he should. He will get no jail time and he will miss probably 5-6 games. He will tell the world he was wrong. He will go to parenting classes and to anger management classes. He will profess his love for his god and his kids. At that point the vikes will either reinstate him or he will be cut. At which point there will be 15 or so teams lining up to sign him.

Neither AP or Rice will play in the NFL this year for the Vikings or the Ravens. How much you wanna bet?

Seriously, even odds. I will take up to $2k in action if anyone wants to bet they play. To be specific, they have to start, and actually get at least 1 yard rushing, from here on out, this season.

2 grand ... I would bet.

AD was dropped in one of my leagues. It'll be interesting to see the FAAB dollars spent on him....but I won't bid on him. Dude is done.

Once he's reinstated, he will more than likely miss at least 6 games under the league's new domestic violence policy.

Those 6 games will be in addition to the games missed while the court process plays out. No way this guy plays this year. No way.

My rbs are AP, Stewart, Gio and Hill.

Bench turds of McKimmon and Williams Miami.

I literally have no one to start this week.

C'mon waiver wire magic!

They would be crazy to play him this year.

This. The backlash against the Ravens has been huge. They are looking like a ridiculous organization.

The Vikings were looking bad when they couldn't make a decision. They can work on repairing their rep now and do everything possible to distance themselves from being a team like the Ravens.

Once he's reinstated, he will more than likely miss at least 6 games under the league's new domestic violence policy.

Those 6 games will be in addition to the games missed while the court process plays out. No way this guy plays this year. No way.

That is absurd. so he is going to get a 12 game suspension? where is the legal basis for giving him any more than the league mandated 8 games? ray rice and ap are not in the same class. ap did something he thought was right and took it too far. ray rice was never in the right and knocked his wife out cold. If anything he gets 6-8 games total off.

That is absurd. so he is going to get a 12 game suspension? where is the legal basis for giving him any more than the league mandated 8 games? ray rice and ap are not in the same class. ap did something he thought was right and took it too far. ray rice was never in the right and knocked his wife out cold. If anything he gets 6-8 games total off.

Big man. Apparently it's not that simple. I'm no lawyer but remember Goodell in his press conference stated that child abuse will be punished harshly. So if he is found guilty, Peterson is toast. Even if he's found innocent, cops a please or whatever, what sponsor, stadium or company is going to associate their brand with Peterson. Look at the all the backlash, dropped sponsorships already. There's plenty of sources such as ESPN who are almost certain he never touches the field in 2014. http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11563542/adrian-peterson-denial-chances-play-season-future-minnesota-vikings

AP is still a stud back. If he makes a public apology and seeks parenting classes the league will forgive him. If the vikes cut him there will be 15 teams lining up to sign him.

love seeing people with blinders on. Simple ass mofos. 1 guy says he should just cop a plea right now so he can get back to the field. Another says even if found guilty, he'll get time served for the time he's serving right now. As if the whole world revolves around him playing football, or more specifically around your fantasy football team. Have some frikkin perspective guys. Just because you've got not much but FF going on in your life doesn't mean the whole world is on the same wavelength. The dude is right now possibly facing jail time. He's suspended with pay, aka no financial hit as of right now. Football is likely the last thing on his mind right now. And for the person that said money should be on his mind because of all his babies and babies mommas, you clearly don't understand finances or contracts very well. As the best RB in football, he's made a good chunk of change already. He got a 12 mil signing bonus, part of 36 mil guaranteed money he's already cashed in. He should have like 20 mil in the bank right now, or in investments. Minimum! He's making 700K a week right now just to sit. Neither he nor any of his many children are in any danger of being broke, unless he wastes his money like an idiot. Always a possibility, but he's never been known to hit strip clubs with 50K in singles or buying million dollar cars...Article below basically saying that financially speaking, the vikes should use this as an opportunity to walk away from him. Very likely scenario once his legal proceedings are concluded. You really think someone else picks him up for the last 3 games of the season or whatever?!?

http://www.slate.com/blogs/business_insider/2014/09/22/adrian_peterson_contract_cutting_him_would_save_the_vikings_a_lot_of_money.html

Have some god damn perspective you simple fools...aka smarten up!

i think if he gets a 6 game suspension after he cops a plea that half the league will line up to sign him.

i think if he gets a 6 game suspension after he cops a plea that half the league will line up to sign him.

i think you're a simple minded buffoon who is greatly lacking in perspective...

HTH

we will revisit who is a simple minded buffoon when its all said and done. My guess is you eat crow...or sh!t..or whatever it is you eat when you make a mistake.

I am putting in a claim on AP as the owner who had him dropped him. I look at it like this. If he ends up pleading out which he should. He will get no jail time and he will miss probably 5-6 games. He will tell the world he was wrong. He will go to parenting classes and to anger management classes. He will profess his love for his god and his kids. At that point the vikes will either reinstate him or he will be cut. At which point there will be 15 or so teams lining up to sign him.

If Peterson plays at all this year, then that will anger people who had other players or coaches out a whole year over less offensive crap such as Bounty gate. In fact the saints FO is just sitting back waiting for Goodell to screw up here so they can use AP and Rice as motive for how they got screwed over. Abusing a child is worse than abusing a woman. A woman can walk away, a child cannot. If Rice misses the whole year, so should AP.

i think you're a simple minded buffoon who is greatly lacking in perspective...

HTH

No reason to go to insults. Kilroy is just obviously blinded because he has AP on his fantasy team so he isn't looking at the big picture.

Rice and AP are toxic names now. Whether that is right or wrong it doesn't matter. There is no way any team will destroy their brand by being associated with them. That is why any league suspension does not matter. No team will take either of them.

No reason to go to insults. Kilroy is just obviously blinded because he has AP on his fantasy team so he isn't looking at the big picture.

Rice and AP are toxic names now. Whether that is right or wrong it doesn't matter. There is no way any team will destroy their brand by being associated with them. That is why any league suspension does not matter. No team will take either of them.

definition of a simpleminded, lacking in perspective individual innit?

Guess the buffoon was a bit out of line. I'm sowwy...

we shall see. of course all of you will backtrack once he is reinstated and claim you knew all along he would be.

Unless they can plead this out to a nothing charge, how would he ever be able to play this year. I think the majority are saying he will not get the plea low enough to have the current commish say go play.. I think AP was talking to Jerry this summer seeing this coming. The Vikes have a huge problem next Feb when they have to come up with money or cut him. That seems to be the bigger question for us in Viking country. Although I hope AP will be back - I have been convinced by the locals it will not happen.

I had him with the 3rd pick - I dropped him last week.

As a father of 3, who just became a grandfather 2 mos ago, no way I'm cheering for this a--hole. No excuses for what this guy has done. :thumbsdown:

It's funny (to those who didn't draft him).... the Peterson pick is screwing owners twice. He's not playing, yet nobody will drop him so he's wasting a roster spot too.

A double whammy.

It's funny (to those who didn't draft him).... the Peterson pick is screwing owners twice. He's not playing, yet nobody will drop him so he's wasting a roster spot too.

A double whammy.

In one league I drafted Rice. I dropped him right away and a team blew half of their FAAB to pick him up. So, at least I got someone else to waste FAAB money and roster space on him.