Sign in to follow this  
Bobbyn2022

Mettenberger

Any chance this kid takes over for locker and ends up being a solid QB? Strong arm and seems like he has heart. For some odd reason he reminds me of Brady coming out of college.

coach

wisencunt is tanking the season.....soooo. no

Man I was thinking the same, He is too calm at the press conferences. At least Vandy's coach has fight left in him. Jake better put the house up for sale. To answer your question, Mett wont start unless Whitehouse gets hurt. He still has a learning curve. Those preseason numbers were against 2nd & 3rd string players so don't get too excited.

He gives them a far better shot at winning than clipboard jesus does. But like I said wisencunt is not playing to win.

Stashed on both my Dynasty teams.

Him starting makes me want to buy low on Justin Hunter. Big strong armed pocket passer + super athletic outside WR = BOOM!!!

Stashed on both my Dynasty teams.

Him starting makes me want to buy low on Justin Hunter. Big strong armed pocket passer + super athletic outside WR = BOOM!!!

Got Hunter after they moved him to starter, he is good this point forward no matter who the QB. His only problem was opportunity to star this year

• Like 1

sometimes coaches are forced to start the young guys and it works out (see Cowher who loves his vets and who Whiz learned from... forced to play Big Ben when Maddox went down). I think we will see that in Tenn (Hunter forced his way on by being a beast, Sankey in for injured Greene, and Whitehurst will get pulled at some point in a blowout and Mett will get to show his stuff).

there is no such thing as tanking a season in the first few weeks, especially with a new coach

This is simply Whiz being a product of the Cowher family tree that values veterans who know what they are doing over playmakers who may make mistakes.

I am only starting Wright this weekend. I do hope that Bishop and Hunter finally explode so I can play them on a weekly basis. I am heavily invested in the Titans this year. Disappointed thus far. I blame Whiz.

Twitter rumor train is picking up steam.

Reports coming out that Locker has been told that the team has moved on and are moving forward with Mett.

Not confirmed by any Titans beat writers. This actually came from Houstons beat writer which isn't to far fetched since they play this week and the QBs weren't made available to Nashville media today.

Reports coming out that Locker has been told that the team has moved on and are moving forward with Mett.

Not confirmed by any Titans beat writers. This actually came from Houstons beat writer which isn't to far fetched since they play this week and the QBs weren't made available to Nashville media today.

U follow a lot of twitter feeds? Maybe I should be following u. Great update and news hope it's true.

U follow a lot of twitter feeds? Maybe I should be following u. Great update and news hope it's true.

Twitter is gold for NFL. You can follow each beat writer and figure out who is getting snaps in practice before they have time to write it in their blog where it is then picked up by Rotoworld.

wisencunt is a bittch. he will fock the roookie over somehow.

nope. Im a lions fan. I just think wisencunt is throwing this season.

Twitter is gold for NFL. You can follow each beat writer and figure out who is getting snaps in practice before they have time to write it in their blog where it is then picked up by Rotoworld.

But how do u know who to follow like which beat writer. Can I follow u or maybe post all the writers on here :) for all of us lol

• Like 1

I don't use Twitter during the semesters so I can focus on keeping my grades up and not waste more time than I already do on here. So I haven't been on since August. The way I find people to follow is by searching and seeing who guys like Jay Glazer, John McClain, Jim Wyatt, and Adam Shefter follow.

I'd bet that's bs.

I'd bet that's bs.

Yeah it seems early to throw in the towel on the season no matter how obvious it is to the fans, and Titans beat writers still are not reporting anything. Jim Wyatt is usually first to the party on everything.

I was excited for something for once this season as a Titans fan but I'm sure it's to good to be true.

Glad i'm not a betting man. It's not clear whether Locker could play or not but i'm sure that news will come out.

How deep is your league that Mettenberg is being considered?

More a dynasty play or possibly 2QB leagues.

The Tennessee Titans have decided to start rookie Zach Mettenberger at quarterback against the visiting Houston Texans, a league source told ESPN's Adam Caplan on Wednesday.

The sixth-round draft pick out of LSU will get the start Sunday over Charlie Whitehurst, who has led the Titans to one win and two losses in his starts this season for the injured Jake Locker.

The Tennessean earlier reported that the Titans planned on starting Mettenberger.

Locker has missed the past two games with a bruised thumb and another game with a wrist injury.

Coach Ken Whisenhunt had said Locker would throw Tuesday and they would assess how he responds.

Whisenhunt has also said nothing has changed in his thinking about the Titans' quarterbacks, meaning Locker will return as the starter when healthy.

The Titans (2-5) will be looking to avoid a sixth defeat in seven games when they host former Titans quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick and the Texans (3-4).

After dropping four straight, the Titans edged previously winless Jacksonville 16-14, then lost to Washington last week.

Whitehurst was 17 of 26 for 160 yards, two touchdowns and an interception in the 19-17 defeat to the Redskins.

The Titans have benched Jake Locker.

In the last year of his rookie contract, Locker has likely played his final down as a Titan. ESPN's Adam Caplan -- who's had a great read on the Titans since the draft -- "can't see" a scenario where Locker gets his job back barring an implosion by or injury to new starter Zach Mettenberger. If this is indeed it for Locker's Titans career, he will finish with 26 touchdown passes, 24 turnovers, and a 57.3 completion rate. Although Locker has myriad flaws, he has a strong enough arm and enough athleticism to resurface in 2015 as a useful NFL backup. Locker simply doesn't throw the ball with enough accuracy to be a consistent big-league starter. He's also been wildly injury prone in the pros.

How deep is your league that Mettenberg is being considered?

What kinda ghey 32 team league do you play in where he isn't already rostered?

nope. Im a lions fan. I just think wisencunt is throwing this season.

I shouldn't admit to this.

This offseason, I wanted the Lions to bring him in as HC and was disappointed to get stuck with Caldwell. Shows what I know. I'm very happy to be proven wrong.

I was about ready to cut Hunter in 12Geeks. I suppose I can hold onto him another week.

mettenberger starting --> start HOU dst this week...esp with the #1 draft pick set to return....and JJ'W coming off the other edge....could be nasty.