Sign in to follow this  
Mr Neil

Week 6 WR scoop and play, let's hear em

i was thinking of rolling Jarius wright out there due to teddy loving the guy and was thinking where has the weekly WR scoop and play threads been so I'm firing one up. Shoot it!

Beckham Jr.

I got him going in one league. I think he is gonna become a weekly lineup staple soon. That kid was great at LSU

Justin Hunter

With AJ Green out, E. Sanders went into my #2 spot and Hunter at flex. It's either Hunter, Storm, or Hawkins. Thoughts?

Beckham Jr.

gotta think this kid is far from a "scoop", as he was probably claimed/added after last week's action :dunno:

i like the Jarius Wright call, and he is prolly available in a hell of a lot more leagues than Becham jr ... even without Bilgewater last week, he led in targets :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Beckham Jr.

way to go out on a limb :thumbsup: :music_guitarred:

you do realize that he was the 12th overall pick in this past draft and is the best route runner in the draft :dunno: :doh:

Jarvis Landry will get the start today in the the slot for the Fins, break out day coming. 7-115-2td

THAT is a call worthy of the gist of this thread.

I'm starting Wallace in 2 leagues ... but have heard nothing but positives about this kid.

hopefully Tannyhillz gets in shootout mode and there's enough to go around.

I'm looking at the Storm/Hawkins decision too. I think I'm leaning towards Hawkins. Hes a long term starter and Hoyer is actually playing OK. Storm is more speculative with a few RBs fighting for the backup spot, and you don't know what's going to happen when Gerhart gets back.

As of Wednesday, he was available in over 50% of all NFL.com leagues. Beckham Jr. that is...

for what its worth I signed him 2 weeks back and actually started him last week in his first career NFL game. He is not a scoop and play...more like everyone is going to wish they were the one to scoop him up off of waivers when they had the chance. He will end up being the #2 in NY very soon

As far as Landry is concerned, he's not there yet. I'm a dolphin season ticket holder and a big follower of the team. Hartline still gets too many looks for Landry to put up numbers like that. Clay, TE, also had the bye to nurse injuries, so I think he becomes a sneaky TE2 with TE1 potential.

I think the guy with the biggest matchup to exploit is Andre Roberts WR WAS.... I know what you are thinking, he is third in line behind Jackson and Garcon, but with both TEs dinged up and questionable to play I think Roberts will have another big role in this offense. Since Cousins has taken over, he has averaged 7.5 targets a game. and saw a season high 9 last week against the seahawks... I think that continues.

he's only owned in 5% of yahoo leagues, so don't be afraid to scoop and play!

Deep league reach goes to

Brandon Tate WR Cin... AJ green is inactive, and when Green exited the week 1 game, Tate saw 6 targets. I think he will put up a decent week with the other WRs drawing attention and Gresham mostly ineffective. don't be surprised if he gets 6 rec 75 yards and a TD!

• Like 1

My scoop and play was Mohamed Sanu. And although I had already rostered him, Sankey got his first start for one of my teams today.

I also like the Andre Roberts call although i didn't start him today. I did grab Roberts this week for two of my teams for next to nothing.

How do you guys feel about DJax and Garçon today v. Arizona 31st ranked passing defense?

As far as Landry is concerned, he's not there yet. I'm a dolphin season ticket holder and a big follower of the team. Hartline still gets too many looks for Landry to put up numbers like that. Clay, TE, also had the bye to nurse injuries, so I think he becomes a sneaky TE2 with TE1 potential.

im a season ticket holder as well. I doubt you are. lets meet next week. just curious of your logic, brandon gibson was out, plus you think Hartine gets to many targets? Maybe you drunk at the games, Hartline get 4-5 targets a game.

I have a WW pickup for today, who would you prioritize higher, Malcom Floyd, or Jordan Reed???

Week 7

deep league reach

I think brandon tate shows up again this week against an indy secondary who have been sneakily stingy this year... but i think 90% of that has been their schedule with BAL, Jax, HOU, and TEN as the bulk. If AJ Green sits, i think you can pencil him in for 7/70/ and a TD....

he's only owned in 1% of yahoo leagues

pick of the week

Jerricho Cotchery

The packers appear to be a poor matchup against opposing WRs this season (#s skewed by a Ponder performance to remember, but when you look at the #s, the WR2 has a real chance to shine in this matchup. in fact, outside of the vikings game. The last 3 WR2s have reached the endzone against the packers. I don't see any reason why the 6'1" 10 year veteran can't find the endzone against a green bay secondary that starts two 5'10" corners, who are both on the injury report this week Williams (ankle) shields (knee). Couple that with a rookie FS in Clinton-Dix that will probably be shading towards benjamin's side of the field, and i think you have a mismatch to be exploited by either Cotchery or Olsen. If Cotchery gets anywhere near his 10 targets from last week he should be in for a big day.

prediction

Cotchery 7rec 84yards 1TDs

he's only owned in 4% of yahoo leagues... don't be afraid to scoop and play!

Good call.

Yeah, great call. He had 1 target last week and was on the field for 8 plays :lol: