Sign in to follow this  
pee-diddy

Week 8 WW Pickups

Ok, now that my waivers have cleared, I can give you guys my honest opinion.

I love Brown. This is a guy, that has all the intangibles. It's a small sample size to judge him on his fumbling. I like him so much, that I drafted him and actually still had him rostered in one of my leagues. I was just about to waive him, too. Course that team also drafted the three Johnsons, Pennis Ditta ... Noshow Pusseano ... team has had horrible bad luck with injuries ... had Bryce Brown this whole time. 2-5 and facing the top scorer in the league ... RELEASE THE KRACKEN!

Bills traded for him ...Bills wanted him for a reason. Sadly, I got out bid on everybody this week. I did ok, I got a kicker here, and a defense there ... but outbid across the board for the likes of Brown, Shoelace or Seattle WRs ... Good luck with that. That team also has Mason. Got him last week. Do you guys not watch MNF or what? Mason has some stud characteristics too. But I love Brown. Good job, to those of you that got him.

But, he's on my badluck magnet team. 12 team PPR, 1.5 for TEs and I am 6-1, 5-2 ... and this bad luck magnet team is 2-5.

Brown available but I don't know who I'd release. If he could make up the difference I'd go with the kicker spot open.

He's a slasher. If he can protect the ball .... this could be the waiver wire pickup that makes a championship. There is so much potential for Bryce Brown to be exactly what Demarco Murray is. He's got it all. If he's avalable in your wire, find room for him.

I'll head to the other forum to get suggestions on who to remove from my roster. Can you make a stop by there at all?

I am thinking about Cadet too. However, J Stewart is there and while Cadet may catch the ball, Stewart by all accounts will get more touches. Don't know which way to go. Anybody have some feedback here? I would try for Mason (have Stacy) but I don't think I'll get him

I don't know where you are getting the J Stewart stuff - isn't he Carolina? Cadet is on New Orleans.

I just went the Cadet route in my ppr league. As someone noted earlier he has already been rolling in around 10ppg the last 3 weeks and should be looking at a little spike with Pierre out.

I have no opinion on McKinnion.

What's your deal with Mckinnion - did you miss out or drop him too soon?

He's averaging 5.5 per which is 4th best among qualifying RB's.

I'll head to the other forum to get suggestions on who to remove from my roster. Can you make a stop by there at all?

Are you serious? Do you not have a brain of your own? Your the guy that sets his entire starting roster according to espn's projections, right? It ain't a life or death decision dude.

It's McKinnon not McKinnion... hence why he said opinion. Rhyme...

Oh god. My iPhone wants to spell it that way and I ain't gonna fight it.

He's a slasher. If he can protect the ball .... this could be the waiver wire pickup that makes a championship. There is so much potential for Bryce Brown to be exactly what Demarco Murray is. He's got it all. If he's avalable in your wire, find room for him.

I got him in one league. Marrone just drives me nuts, I loved what they did last year and what he did at the Cuse, but he cannot get the playcalling on the RBs right this year and they have been throwing a ton, I don't know why with Manuel and Orton.

For whatever reasons they have been keeping BB in mothballs for next year and my worry is they will just keep him shelved unless they absolutely possitiveil have to use him. It's crazy, the Bills actually tried to sign Kapri Bibbs from Denver - why?

I'm prepared for BBrown to go like 4/24/0, or 6/40/0, with question marks why they don't use him more.

I got him in one league. Marrone just drives me nuts, I loved what they did last year and what he did at the Cuse, but he cannot get the playcalling on the RBs right this year and they have been throwing a ton, I don't know why with Manuel and Orton.

For whatever reasons they have been keeping BB in mothballs for next year and my worry is they will just keep him shelved unless they absolutely possitiveil have to use him. It's crazy, the Bills actually tried to sign Kapri Bibbs from Denver - why?

I'm prepared for BBrown to go like 4/24/0, or 6/40/0, with question marks why they don't use him more.

Because Bibbs is an upgrade over Phillip Tanner who sports a career 2.4 ypc

Fisher is a bellcow coach. If he finds one that he likes he will ride him into the ground.

I didn't trust any of these guys. Went with Sims instead. Will suffer with Ingram and TRich as my number 2 behind Charles until Sims gets up to speed.

This is hilarious. $350 buy in for this league. It's the FBG championships thing. First place is $300k.

Two waiver periods, Wed. and Fri. $1000 FAAB.

In one of my leagues, player X spent $275 to pick up Bryce Brown, waiving Bridgewater on Wed. On Fri, Player X waives Bryce Brown for RG3 for another $50. So, player X spent over 30 percent of his FAAB $ for the season to go from Bridgewarer to RG3 as his backup QB. I hope Brown has a bad week. Maybe I can stil get him.

Brown is still floating out there I'll leave him be

mistake.....Always thought if Brown got the chance, base on his overall talent level could be a tier #1 back in the NFL....Sims is a nice receiving back, only knock, coming off ankle surgery will be eased into play...also....Tampa's O-Line is near the bottom of the NFL, my opinion Brown over Sims is a no brainer.......Pickup of the week might be Cadet vs the 31st Packers ability to defend the rush.... Cadet"s receiving skills might be the best of all Saints backs...minus Thomas, Robinson & a injured Graham expect Cadet to score this weekend, toss in about 60-80 yards receiving & possibly 25-30 yards on the ground will make a solid flex play.....

- agree on Cadet ... while everyone chased Choo Choo Tre'n, Boobie, Brylcreem Bryce and Shoeless Joe, Cadet may turn out to be the best ppr scoop of the lot :music_guitarred:

oh, and if ya missed on all of those above kids ... take a look at Theodore RAZOR Riddick

Bush is gimpy/basura ... this dude got stellar burn a couple weeks back when Bush sat out ... had 7 catches for 71 and a tuggy before exiting with a hammy. now he is supposedly all set to go vs. a very leaky Falcons defense tomorrow.

HIGH END PPR ALERT on this one :thumbsup:

- agree on Cadet ... while everyone chased Choo Choo Tre'n, Boobie, Brylcreem Bryce and Shoeless Joe, Cadet may turn out to be the best ppr scoop of the lot :music_guitarred:

oh, and if ya missed on all of those above kids ... take a look at Theodore RAZOR Riddick

Bush is gimpy/basura ... this dude got stellar burn a couple weeks back when Bush sat out ... had 7 catches for 71 and a tuggy before exiting with a hammy. now he is supposedly all set to go vs. a very leaky Falcons defense tomorrow.

HIGH END PPR ALERT on this one :thumbsup:

Would you guys pick him up in a standard scoring league?

Would you guys pick him up in a standard scoring league?

still think he can muster at least 80 total yds, with a very good shot at a td tomorrow - not a terrible std option :dunno:

If brown starts getting chunks, he will force marrones hand. Marrones seat is mighty warm.

There has been so much RB talent to be had the last few weeks. Kind of curious what order you saw most players go in which leagues?

Mason

Robinson

Brown

Dixon

Gray

Cadet

Riddick

Herron

Cunningham

Those are 9 good RBs right there.

Mason really should have been picked up last week, but at any rate he seemed to fly off the shelves first, followed by Robinson, etc.

But there are going to definitely be 1-3 season long winners out of this smorgasbord.

There has been so much RB talent to be had the last few weeks. Kind of curious what order you saw most players go in which leagues?

Mason

Robinson

Brown

Dixon

Gray

Cadet

Riddick

Herron

Cunningham

Those are 9 good RBs right there.

Mason really should have been picked up last week, but at any rate he seemed to fly off the shelves first, followed by Robinson, etc.

But there are going to definitely be 1-3 season long winners out of this smorgasbord.

time to add Chucky Sims to that list ... back at practice this week, and will finally be active week 9.

kid could be a ppr demon down the stretch, scouting comparisions equate him with a Matt Forte like skillset.

Dougie and Rainey are meh, at best ... much like Choo Choo Tre'n Mason, Sims was taken in the third round, even though there was veteran depth on board already.

Tampa's remaining sched is pretty decent for rb production ... if they decide to kick the tires with this kid, it could get very interesting

• Like 1

I picked up Bryce Brown and just snagged Cadet, dropped Antone Smith for Cadet. Deciding on Brown or Cadet at my #2 RB. Leaning towards Cadet since I'd like to see what Brown does first since he's been inactive all year. Thoughts on Cadet over Brown in a 1pt PPR league?

I picked up Bryce Brown and just snagged Cadet, dropped Antone Smith for Cadet. Deciding on Brown or Cadet at my #2 RB. Leaning towards Cadet since I'd like to see what Brown does first since he's been inactive all year. Thoughts on Cadet over Brown in a 1pt PPR league?

cadet in ppr. both a timeshare but I feel cadet has the clearer defined role and better matchup.

Well The Mason was a pile of crap today. Also so much for Broyce Brown, I asked why people thought Dixon wasn't the guy to pick up...they were both terrible glad I didn't bother...

Well The Mason was a pile of crap today. Also so much for Broyce Brown, I asked why people thought Dixon wasn't the guy to pick up...they were both terrible glad I didn't bother...

Playing the jets didn't help.

Did I mention I picked up Gordon dropped Mason this morning? 0 points. Bench though.