Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Arian Foster says he will play Sunday. **Update** - Foster is out Sunday

Not sure if this is good news, I wish he'd just sit.

Houston Texans running back Arian Foster is dealing with a knee injury, but the "plan" is for him to play in Sunday's game against the Cleveland Browns, according to John McClain of the Houston Chronicle. Foster hasn't missed time due to the knee injury at this point, and the running back says he plans to play Sunday.
Missing the game would be huge for the Texans at this point. Foster has missed one game this season, but still has 161 carries for 822 yards and seven touchdowns, with another 229 yards and three touchdowns through the air. He's second in the league in rushing yards, trailing only DeMarco Murray of the Dallas Cowboys. Houston ranks fourth in rushing this season, with 137.0 rushing yards per game on average.
Fantasy Impact: Houston is still in the playoff race and the Browns are a very solid team. That said, their biggest weakness is the run defense as they allow 134.2 rushing yards per game on average. The Texans can take advantage if Foster is in the lineup. If he's unable to go, then Alfred Blue would be the primary ball-carrier, and he would be worth a start against Cleveland as well.

When did he injure his knee? I thought it was a groin?

Earlier in the year

Arian Foster (groin) said the "plan" is to play in Sunday's game against the Browns, but added that "we shall see."

When going over his team's injuries, coach Bob O'Brien seemed optimistic on Brian Cushing (knee) and Jadeveon Clowney (knee). O'Brien was more guarded on Foster, calling his running back "definitely day to day." We'll know more as the week moves along. For now, Alfred Blue should not be on any waiver wires as the Texans get set to face a Browns defense that gets shredded by the run.

Related: Alfred Blue

Nov 13 - 9:19 AM

Speaking Thursday, Texans coach Bill O'Brien said Arian Foster (groin) will "definitely" be a game-time decision for Sunday's game against the Browns.

Foster remained sidelined Thursday. There was early-week optimism that Foster would be ready to rock coming off the Texans' bye, but all current signs suggest he's no better than 50-50 to suit up. It's a nightmare for fantasy owners, and a shame since the Browns have one of the league's very-worst run defenses. Alfred Blue will be a plug-and-play RB2 if Foster sits. Foster's status will be updated no later than Friday afternoon.

Related: Alfred Blue

Nov 13 - 3:55 PM

I think it is looking more and more like Blue. Foster hasn't practiced all week, and this is after a bye week.

I did it, picked Blue up, prior to the scramble when it becomes official, which according to that article should be this afternoon.

Blue offers the potential to be the pick and play of the week, ahead of CJ. Blue could be the workhorse back going against the fluid Cleveland D.

Houston sched thru week 16:

Brownies/Bungles/Jags/Titans/Colts/Ravens

little boy Blew is a MUST add, just in case ...

that upcoming stretch of opponents makes him worth every fockin' inch of the spec/stash.

and, Foster owners, if Arian is healthy .... he will BEAST like no other rb down the stretch.

hth

Is blue any good at all? I haven't seen much. Think its gonna be the mallet show so they can see what they've got there.

Nobody really knows. His #'s have been pedestrian in limited action.

Is blue any good at all? I haven't seen much. Think its gonna be the mallet show so they can see what they've got there.

Week 3 - Foster was out - Blue avg 6 yards a rush 13/78 with 1 catch for 10 and no TD

Week 3 - Foster was out - Blue avg 6 yards a rush 13/78 with 1 catch for 10 and no TD

let's unpack that a bit ...

started him that game, watched intently ... was chuggin along at about 11/30, then he broke a 40 yard run in the third quarter, kinda skewed the average way upwards, but it all counts ... ya know?

was given a first and goal carry from the one, and got stuffed.

Fitz was atrocious that day, and the GMen were en fuego ... tough spot in the swamp for the kid's first start.

I expect much better going forward

So you're saying there's a chance.............................YEAH!!!!!!

now have to decide between Mathews and Blue now that I blew my flex with Wallace

now have to decide between Mathews and Blue now that I blew my flex with Wallace

Matthews will be limited his first week back.

Blue I assume would be a workhorse with a new qb and a pretty good cleveland secondary

I'd still roll Mathews at home coming off a bye. people need to remember that Blue is not a super talented guy. he's simply the starter on a mediocre offense.

Mathews is also facing Oak. even without a full workload, SD should put up pts and have the ball a lot.

If Foster doesn't play, the biggest risk to Blue will be another back (Grimes?) getting hot during the game. With a new QB and Cleveland as awful against the run as they are, you've gotta think the Texans will look to run 25+ times if they're getting even decent results out of it.

I might play him over S Jackson but i'm waiting for something more definite because I'd have to drop Jackson.

I've been on the fence about keeping Andre Johnson in or not this week. With this news I think he may see the :bench: now

I've been on the fence about keeping Andre Johnson in or not this week. With this news I think he may see the :bench: now

He still in NFL?

big big news!

know how big?! can almost guarantee there will be 3 more threads on this same topic by 6eastern. that's big!

It would be nice if people would look at other threads before posting a moon landing...

It would be nice if people would look at other threads before posting a moon landing...

What when?

This just in:

https://twitter.com/JaysonBraddock/status/533303946098802688

beat reporter saying Foster will not play.

Fire up Alfy Blue-balls.

This just in? :lol:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=440543

This is why this site blows.

People make the the same thread about the same thing.

Try search, , really. try it

You really don't need to search when the other thread is literally 3 posts from the top on the front page.

Or that :)

Right. Not like it's hard to see.

This brittle bum made me drop Blue for that other bum damien williams on a flier after saying he was fine. What a lying POS no good bastid.

This brittle bum made me drop Blue for that other bum damien williams on a flier after saying he was fine. What a lying POS no good bastid.

Someone in my league started Devil Williams last night :|

This just in? :lol:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=440543

This is why this site blows.

People make the the same thread about the same thing.

Try search, , really. try it

Although I prefer this to other boards that combine every bit of player news into a 99 page thread and allow no new conversations

• Like 1