Sign in to follow this  
ffexpert

Nasty Weather this week...

i know Buffalo is having some awful weather, for example. which games are you downgrading players due to inclement weather?

i know Buffalo is having some awful weather, for example. which games are you downgrading players due to inclement weather?

The game in Buffalo will be fine. The weekend is supposed to be good. There may be no fans there however. I live in the heart of this current storm, FYI.

Would you use NYJ as a sneaky sleeper play due to the bad weather and the recent sucktitude of Kyle Orton? I picked em up as a desperation streaming play.

Fantasy football expert and the board weather man .

I have the Bills and the Colts defense. Depending on the worst weather, I feel like starting that defense.

Also would you upgrade Ivory? If weather is bad, it's gonna be ground and pound

I see there is 100% chance of rain and win in Chicago this Sunday.

Buffalo forecast for Sunday is 46 with no rain or snow. Should not be a factor.

Buffalo forecast for Sunday is 46 with no rain or snow. Should not be a factor.

field will likely still be a mess though, no? cant imagine all that snow/ice/water can be good for it.

field will likely still be a mess though, no? cant imagine all that snow/ice/water can be good for it.

I'm not sure there was a lot of snow in the stadium area. My family lives about 20 miles north of buffalo and they only got 2 inches. I heard the big snow was south of the city.

The stadium got slammed. They're offering pay plus tickets to the game for people who help. Heard about 500 people helped so far. I live about 15 minutes north of the stadium. At my house, there is no where left to throw the snow. Just to give you an idea of how much we got.

• Like 1

There's already talk of delaying the game. Could we see another TNF (Tuesday) game?!

A league source tells Profootballtalk.com that the time slot for Sunday's Jets-Bills game in Buffalo could be moved due to snow.

Per PFT, the "potential window" for moving the game could span anywhere from Sunday night to Tuesday night. The Bills were unable to practice Wednesday, and it remains to be seen whether they'll be able to do so on Thursday or Friday.

They should at least delay it one day. It's not safe for all of those people to be traveling to it. It's supposed to be around 50 and rainy over the weekend. Should get rid of most of it, although flooding might be a MAJOR issue

Don't the honks on TV always say that bad weather benefits the offense, because they know where the plays are going? Kickers I can see downgrading but other that that.... :dunno:

Don't the honks on TV always say that bad weather benefits the offense, because they know where the plays are going? Kickers I can see downgrading but other that that.... :dunno:

Yes. Snow/ice is often a big advantage to offense/ returns team. See Shady's snow game last year. WR's making double moves cause DB's to slip leading to wide open long passes too.

Steady wind 20+ mph is what kills an offense. Also heavy rain all game can make the ball too slick to throw/hold when they run out of new balls to switch in.

The stadium got slammed. They're offering pay plus tickets to the game for people who help. Heard about 500 people helped so far. I live about 15 minutes north of the stadium. At my house, there is no where left to throw the snow. Just to give you an idea of how much we got.

Governor Cuomo is proposing a delay.

http://news.yahoo.com/cuomo-impractical-bills-play-jets-sunday-153946457--spt.html

Next week could be a major TV football viewing experience...

*Sunday: Football Sunday all day (and Grey Cup semis if you follow)

*Monday Night Football: Saints vs Ravens

*Tuesday Night Football: Bills vs Jets(???)

*Wednesday: Bye Day...rest, recover, reload beer, food, etc.

*Thursday: Three NFL games, Turkey and college football during commercials

*Friday: Black Friday College Football all day and night.

*Saturday: Rivalry Day with HUGE CFB games: Iron Bowl, Egg Bowl, etc

Yes. Snow/ice is often a big advantage to offense/ returns team. See Shady's snow game last year. WR's making double moves cause DB's to slip leading to wide open long passes too.

Steady wind 20+ mph is what kills an offense. Also heavy rain all game can make the ball too slick to throw/hold when they run out of new balls to switch in.

I am sure one of the Pats fans on the board will know this, wasn't there a horrible snowstorm a few years ago and Brady ended up throwing like 5 TDs in the first half?

I am sure one of the Pats fans on the board will know this, wasn't there a horrible snowstorm a few years ago and Brady ended up throwing like 5 TDs in the first half?

Not a Pats fan but I remember that game. It was against the Titans and Brady went friggen off. If I remember correctly though, most of the snow had already fallen or it was dying down during the game. The field was definitely full of snow though.

The question I have is what will fanduel do if the game is moved to Tuesday? Extended the contest or give zeros to the players. The college game last night didn't sound like a definite wait until game is played answer. I switched Watkins out of my lineup due to the uncertainty

The question I have is what will fanduel do if the game is moved to Tuesday? Extended the contest or give zeros to the players. The college game last night didn't sound like a definite wait until game is played answer. I switched Watkins out of my lineup due to the uncertainty

Crazy idea... why don't you ask fanduel instead of asking people who don't run fanduel?

Quickolas - way to be a ! Just because you don't care doesn't mean no one else does. Just was pointing out a potential dilemma for fan duelers playing in Thursday night starts. Wasn't looking for a definitive answer douche!

Heads up:

Both Seattle and Chicago forecasting 100% chance of rain and gusty winds at gametime.

The contests are run through a particular day. If your tournament runs through Monday night, the game will be included.

DFS sites are all within the confines of the original parameters. Official scoring changes do not apply ever (See Lebron triple double).

How much will the weather affect the passing games in Chicago?

One never really knows.....but one must take it into consideration when making final roster decisions. Again, Bears/Bucs and Seahawks/Zona looks to be actively raining and gusty.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=41.8500262820005&lon=-87.65004892899964&site=all&smap=1#.VG_5izTF_Ak

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=47.6062078760005&lon=-122.33206612699968&site=all&smap=1#.VHAGejTF_Ak

Gotta keep an eye on the Giant/Cowboy game Sunday night. Right now, they have the rain coming in at 10 pm or after, but if that changes it could cause some issues.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=40.71426859000047&lon=-74.00596844899962&site=all&smap=1#.VHAG4TTF_Ak

Fortunately, Foxboro looks to be in the clear at this time.

I agree that we should keep one eye on the weather forecasts because heavy rain and wind is not something NORMAL. for example, do you honestly think Tampa bay will light it up passing against da bears in 25 mph winds and a good rain?

Some experts are touting Mccown and his receivers, but I'm not so sure mccown can throw well in those kind of conditions.

And what about kickers in those conditions?

Dome stadiums at least take that factor out, but I guess that is why we love this hobby.

It's easy to ask fanduel they have a link and answer very quickly I've sent them inquires in NHL scores they missed and corrections ASAP

Good customer support

Good to know! Thanks as I'm still new to fan duel. I typically use the mobile app but it's good to know where to find a ask fanduel link.

I agree that we should keep one eye on the weather forecasts because heavy rain and wind is not something NORMAL. for example, do you honestly think Tampa bay will light it up passing against da bears in 25 mph winds and a good rain?

Some experts are touting Mccown and his receivers, but I'm not so sure mccown can throw well in those kind of conditions.

And what about kickers in those conditions?

Dome stadiums at least take that factor out, but I guess that is why we love this hobby.

It definitely has me less optimistic about Evans this week...but so hard to sit that guy down.

It definitely has me less optimistic about Evans this week...but so hard to sit that guy down.

I own him too, and yes, no,way he goes to my bench just because there is a little wind and "rain." Lol

Update from Chicago:

Rain does not appear to happen until after 4:00, so you may get the game dry in its entirety.

Update from Chicago:

Rain does not appear to happen until after 4:00, so you may get the game dry in its entirety.

I hope! Putting in McCown over Rivers and playing Marshall.

Update from Chicago:

I'm assuming you are there and have a local forecast? NOAA is still saying 100% chance rain tomorrow and tomorrow night, with winds 15-25 mph..

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=41.8500262820005&lon=-87.65004892899964&site=all&smap=1#.VHD7JDTF_Al