Sign in to follow this  
ZeroTolerance

***OFFICIAL*** NCAA Hat Tournament 2015

Year twelve is here. For those unfamiliar with the contest, geeks select a team to represent them in the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament. If your team defeats a team represented by a fellow geek, that geek must send you their team's hat (or a shirt, etc. which can be negotiated between the two parties). Once the brackets have been revealed, any requests to select an available team must be approved by the owners of teams that are in their region (to prevent cherry-pickers).

cmh6476 - Kansas Jayhawks
tikigods - Gonzaga Bulldogs
crackattack - Purdue Boilermakers -and- Wisconsin Badgers
The Moz - Kentucky Wildcats
Strike - Duke Blue Devils
patweisers44 - Michigan State Spartans -and- Villanova Wildcats
Cdub100 - Michigan Wolverines -and- Oakland Golden Grizzlies
mobb_deep - San Diego St Aztecs
JTB - Virginia Cavaliers -and- Bucknell Bison
29 Guests - Connecticut Huskies -and- Baylor Bears
WhiteWonder - Oklahoma St Cowboys
dave32 - North Carolina Tar Heels

Herbivore - Arizona Wildcats -and- VCU Rams

dave32 - Pittsburgh Panthers

Available teams under consideration for the tournament:

American - SMU, Temple, Cincinnati, Tulsa

A-10 - Dayton, Davidson

ACC - Louisville, Notre Dame, North Carolina St, Miami

Big 12 - Iowa St, Oklahoma, Texas, West Virginia

Big East - Providence, Georgetown, Butler, St John's, Xavier

Big Ten - Maryland, Iowa, Ohio St, Indiana

Missouri Valley - Wichita St, Northern Iowa

Mountain West - Colorado St, Boise St, Wyoming

Pac-12 - Utah, Oregon, UCLA

SEC - Arkansas, Georgia, Ole Miss, LSU

West Coast - BYU

I'm in again and will take two teams.

Michigan

Oakland University (probably won't make it)

I'm in again and will take two teams.

Michigan

Oakland University (probably won't make it)

We are doing a hat challenge for the NIT tourney as well? :lol:

Not sure if anyone takes Villanova on a yearly basis, but if not I will take them.

UConn Huskies <_<
Baylor Bears

I'll take Florida A&M

Can hat be substituted with t shirt? Basically same price. I.e. I don't wear hats so I'll buy and send a hat but if I w9n I want a shirt :D

If that's cool, I'll take Oklahoma state. U conn would be my other team but I don't think they are making it. And I see they have already been taken.

Can hat be substituted with t shirt? Basically same price. I.e. I don't wear hats so I'll buy and send a hat but if I w9n I want a shirt :D

If that's cool, I'll take Oklahoma state. U conn would be my other team but I don't think they are making it. And I see they have already been taken.

I like the t-shirt option as well. Leave it up to the two parties involved, IMO.
  • Like 1

One of my favorite events here. I'm in. Since The Moz stole my Wildcats, I'll go North Carolina Tar Heels baby!

We are doing a hat challenge for the NIT tourney as well? :lol:

Count me in for that! I don't care about another team so I'll see where everyone stands and pick one of the left overs.

fock 29 guests stole baylor?

OSU sucks. might change :lol:

we should get a pin on this, eh mike?

That fock Moz still owes me two hats from years ago. I hereby revoke his authoritah to claim Kentucky and put them up for grabs for the next person that claims them in this thread. You can easily go back to the previous hat tournament threads to find I am justified for throwing his clown ass out of this.

fock 29 guests stole baylor?

OSU sucks. might change :lol:

:dunno:

i am just going by last year
<_<

That fock Moz still owes me two hats from years ago. I hereby revoke his authoritah to claim Kentucky and put them up for grabs for the next person that claims them in this thread. You can easily go back to the previous hat tournament threads to find I am justified for throwing his clown ass out of this.

Wait that fock who blew up my PMs for a hat because I was new and didn't understand how this went welched on hats?

Noooooooo way.

I'm self disqualifying myself for it........but think there should be a rule that alumni of the school get first dibs. Just sayin

can we get a bored sleuth here to dig up this thread 2012 hat tourney

For some reason I can find every Hat tourney thread BUT the 2012 thread can anyone find this to settle it once and for all

I just found it as well I guess Dave got the UL hate BUT I stated in the thread go ahead and take the one 29 guests owed me - I never got a hat from 29 guests as I assumed he sent to to CH. BOTH CH and 29 replied after I said it too.

May as well throw in the 2013 Tourney thread LOL where he had ONLY IU and none of the teams I had even played IU - but I am sure he thinks I some how owe him from that year as wel :lol: I didn't even play in the one last year but I am sure he thinks I owe him from that one too........... Between me and Fumble - CH sure does like to toss around BS Accusations.

devin952 still owes me a Michigan hat from last year, that POS probably just built an alias <_<

Also if Pitt somehow makes it I'll take em :pointstosky:

I just found it as well I guess Dave got the UL hate BUT I stated in the thread go ahead and take the one 29 guests owed me - I never got a hat from 29 guests as I assumed he sent to to CH. BOTH CH and 29 replied after I said it too.

May as well throw in the 2013 Tourney thread LOL where he had ONLY IU and none of the teams I had even played IU - but I am sure he thinks I some how owe him from that year as wel :lol: I didn't even play in the one last year but I am sure he thinks I owe him from that one too........... Between me and Fumble - CH sure does like to toss around BS Accusations.

wait...what?! i have always sent hats that i owed. :thumbsdown: i think zero was the one who always made sure things were correct...idk <_< props to zero for always making sure everyone had their feet held to the fire :thumbsup:

and cmh, as well

From the horse's mouth. If you are willing to put up a hat vs. douchenozzle Moz, he will gladly reassign someone else to send you a hat. And if they also respond in the thread, it counts! Sweet! Let's all enter a contest and let Moz have the favorite. If his favorite gets knocked out by any other team of your choice, he'll nut up and tell a random clown to pay up!

Winning!

Sooo....was someone actually shorted a hat, or are we getting mad over which person sent it?

Moz never paid up. On those grounds, I get Kentucky.

:huh: :wacko: :unsure: :blink:

Sooo....was someone actually shorted a hat, or are we getting mad over which person sent it?

ZT in 2012 I won 5 hats -- I recieved 2 myself - I gave 1 to Dave as he was upset that I didn't approve Ohio ST on time -- then I told CH I would give him one of the hats I won -- - page 5 of the 2012 you see me say take the 29 guests one - BOTH replied afterward so they saw the statement. ZT please go through page 5 of the 2012 thread if you think I did anything shady I give up UK and Dave can have them as he was the first that replied with interest after I did.

ZT in 2012 I won 5 hats -- I recieved 2 myself - I gave 1 to Dave as he was upset that I didn't approve Ohio ST on time -- then I told CH I would give him one of the hats I won -- - page 5 of the 2012 you see me say take the 29 guests one - BOTH replied afterward so they saw the statement. ZT please go through page 5 of the 2012 thread if you think I did anything shady I give up UK and Dave can have them as he was the first that replied with interest after I did.

No, I pretty much understood how things went down, it was more of a rhetorical question for CH before he went full GiantsFan on the thread. On that note, I believe the most logical response is the same as one would prescribe for a GiantsFan post...just pay no mind to the crazy rambling guy.

• Like 1

ZT, you are a focking idiot. Remember I told you that when someone beats Kentucky and Moz pawns off the only person that hasn't sent him a hat to pay off the guy he lost to.

If nothing else, I hope CH has at least put a solid jinx on Kentucky.

Oh wait the focking second here ... i have had an extra University of Arizona hat, for years,,nobody can win it. All sun bleached and lame now.

Every year I am Arizona in this thing.

i get Arizona again, or I am out.

The old, dusty Arizona hat is just waiting to be won, for the first time.