Sign in to follow this  
svtballa

UPDATE: Speculation: Gore to the Colts - Likely headed to Eagles - Back to the Colts?

Per rotoworld.

What would you make of this? I could see him maybe catching more balls and thats it. Worse Oline and less of a run heavy team.

It's an upgrade from Richardson but not much. I feel Gore will be on the decline starting this year...

You don't all of the sudden become a power running team when your offensive line still sucks ass. Gore will be 32 in May - what a stupid ass signing if true.

Gore will be 32 in May - what a stupid ass signing if true.

The best pass protecting back in the NFL on one of the most pass-happy teams is that stupid?

• Like 1

All I'm seeing is a writer believing Gore to the Colts is "probably" a lock. Nothing even remotely official.

This. 49ers are still in play and have said they want him back.

If it's true I like the move for the Colts .

The best pass protecting back in the NFL on one of the most pass-happy teams is that stupid?

That would be Matt Forte, and he would be a great fit for that offense.

With all due respect for Gore's blocking ability - he's still only 5'9". D. Murray is a level 1, cream of the crop pass blocker in his own right - and he's much more imposing at 6' and 220 lbs. If the Colts brought him in to pass block, and pay him accordingly - then an okay move. If they shell out $4m plus for a 32 year old pass blocker - stupid.

With all due respect for Gore's blocking ability - he's still only 5'9". D. Murray is a level 1, cream of the crop pass blocker in his own right - and he's much more imposing at 6' and 220 lbs. If the Colts brought him in to pass block, and pay him accordingly - then an okay move. If they shell out $4m plus for a 32 year old pass blocker - stupid.

he can still run hard between the tackles

Id rather have Bradshaw.

This. At least until Bradshaw breaks down again like he does every season. I just don't see Gore getting it done this year. He's 32 and has been a workhorse back for a while now. I'm thinking the tires fall off this season

Gore is reportedly seeking $4 million per year. Seems like a steep price for him to get on the open market given his age (31) and the amount of quality RBs in the upcoming draft.

Indeed. His only market will be SF.

Ridley or Blount make sense if IND seeks an early down thumper to compliment Bradshaw. Gore would be nice in tandem with Boom tho. i'm more interested in finding out if Irsay is going to try and use the TRich suspension as a means to get out of his contract. It would be pretty hsitty for Jim to do so imo.

i'm more interested in finding out if Irsay is going to try and use the TRich suspension as a means to get out of his contract. It would be pretty hsitty for Jim to do so imo.

...and that would surprise you? Isn't that pretty much Irsay's standard mo?

The dude's a professional weasel.

apparently the eagles are all in on gore now that ingram resigned with the saints

NJ.com reports that the Eagles have "serious interest" in free agent Frank Gore.

Per reporter Eliot Shorr-Parks, the interest in mutual, and a deal "could get done as early as Tuesday." Gore is reportedly seeking $4 million per year, the same amount Mark Ingram got from the Saints. The Eagles were previously connected to Ingram. Gore would be the power back in Chip Kelly's committee. It's doubtful he could get $4 million for 2015 in Philly, but the Eagles are awash in cap space.

It sounds like Gore is headed to the Eagles. Adam Schefter reporting "free agent Frank Gore has told people he will sign this week with the Eagles..."

The league should simply announce that free agency begins on 3/7 not 3/10.

It sounds like Gore is headed to the Eagles. Adam Schefter reporting "free agent Frank Gore has told people he will sign this week with the Eagles..."

The league should simply announce that free agency begins on 3/7 not 3/10.

i read somewhere 2yr/10m 7m guaranteed

What do you make of Hyde? If he's the guy I would honestly put him as a late first early second.

I like him quite a bit and he is absolutely the starter, but I'm not sure I'd take him this early.

I like him quite a bit and he is absolutely the starter, but I'm not sure I'd take him this early.

i'd also wait to see if they go rbbc for 2015 with another vet back

Looks like Gore is going to the Eagles for 3 years with a $7.5 guarantee. No idea what the total is, but what is with the RB contract inflation this year?

What do you make of Hyde? If he's the guy I would honestly put him as a late first early second.

I discussed Hyde in my Early RB Rankings piece. His fantasy value on the upswing. He's certainly capable of posting numbers similar to Gore with low-end RB1 upside. Ideally, he's someone you'd like to get as your RB2.

Doug did a NFL Draft Profile on Hyde last season.

Not sure why the eagles want an old rb. There are a ton of solid free agent rbs with a lot less wear than gore.

He's a pass-catching back. :dunno:

That's 100% true. Norv Turner was the last person to take advantage of that, though.

Very surprised that Gore got what he did. Happy for him and sad to see him go.

There are plenty of solid free agent pass catching rbs who are younger and probably cost less money. Gore has obviously slowed down already.

There are plenty of solid free agent pass catching rbs who are younger and probably cost less money. Gore has obviously slowed down already.

well, Polk and sporles are gonna get their touches as well

gore won't be counted on to be the workhorse for the birds