Sign in to follow this  
edjr

The picture of joker tsarnaev giving the jail camera the bird.

http://cdn.barstoolsports.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Screen-Shot-2015-04-22-at-1.38.29-PM.png?868f38

A never-before-seen picture of Boston Bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev was shown in court today - and it's an image that just might get him killed.

Earlier this month, the 21-year-old was found guilty on all charges related to the April 15, 2013 attacks at the Boston Marathon finish line, and Tuesday marked the beginning of the penalty phase of the trial.

Over the next several weeks, jurors will hear more evidence and testimonies as they decide whether to sentence Tsarnaev to life in prison or the death penalty.

Prosecutors gunning to send Tsarnaev to the execution table punctuated their emotionally-charged opening statements this morning by releasing a new picture of Tsarnaev, taken three months after his arrest.

In the picture, Tsaranev wears an orange jumpsuit and puts on a cocky image, offensively flipping off a video camera and puckering his lips in his cell on the day of his arraignment.

It's an image Tsarnaev's defense attorneys will now have a hard time countering, as they attempt to portray him as a secondary member in the attack they say was mostly orchestrated by older brother Tamerlan.

In an unexpected move, Tsarnaev's defense attorneys announced today that they would not be giving their opening statements until next week.

She started by showing pictures of the three victims killed by the Tsarnaev bombs and the police officer they shot dead while on the run. Assistant U.S. attorney Nadine Pellegrini gave the opening statements for the prosecution Tuesday morning in

Pellegrini described Tsarnaev's murder of Krystle Campbell, Lu Lingzi, Martin Richard and Sean Collier as 'unbearable, indescribable, inexcusable and senseless.'

'These victims had time to feel pain, to be frightened, but no time to say goodbye. That is the very essence of terror,' Pellegrini said

During opening statements, Tsarnaev stared straight ahead, refusing to look at Pellegrini.

After speaking about the four victims, Pellegrini unveiled a picture of Tsarnaev standing at the finish line behind a row of smiling spectators - many of them young children. On the ground next to him sits the backpack with one of the two pressure-cooker bombs used in the attack.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3048235/Penalty-phase-Boston-Marathon-bombing-trial-set-begin.html

I respect the viewpoint of people who oppose the death penalty because of the risk of executing innocent people.

But cases like this, where things have gone past "beyond a reasonable doubt" to "beyond a doubt", try him, convict him, take him out back and shoot him.

I respect the viewpoint of people who oppose the death penalty because of the risk of executing innocent people.

But cases like this, where things have gone past "beyond a reasonable doubt" to "beyond a doubt", try him, convict him, take him out back and shoot him.

:thumbsup:

A little too quick ands painless for my liking. It should definitely involve a pressure cooker. And tiny little screws flying at him. Legs should be blown off before he dies.

A little too quick ands painless for my liking. It should definitely involve a pressure cooker. And tiny little screws flying at him. Legs should be blown off before he dies.

Maybe you could actually, you know, be realistic (for once) and keep the hyperbole to a minimum?

He is going to be kept in solitary confinement for 23 hours a day, no one will ever get near him. Unless a guard does what they did for Dahmer and leaves the door unlocked.

Christopher J. Scaver ain't walking through that door.

He'll probably get the death penalty. To sit on a jury in a death penalty case you have to say that there are some circumstances where you would apply the death penalty. If you're completely opposed under any circumstances then you can't be on the jury.

My thoughts: WHAT IF ? What if death is the ultimate ultimate. THE GREATEST place to be EVER !

Okay, we don't know. So we're making the worst people ever go somewhere we DON'T KNOW what it is.

I'm kinda for him to hang out in the prison and think about his dead brother and how he died. Let him sit through a few anniversary tributes to the dead and injured. Let him get older and duller and realize his schtick was WRONG. Let him pay a penalty that we know is a penalty.

Maybe you could actually, you know, be realistic (for once) and keep the hyperbole to a minimum?

He is going to be kept in solitary confinement for 23 hours a day, no one will ever get near him. Unless a guard does what they did for Dahmer and leaves the door unlocked.

Christopher J. Scaver ain't walking through that door.[/size]

No hyperbole at all. I'd love to see exactly that. He deserves it.

My thoughts: WHAT IF ? What if death is the ultimate ultimate. THE GREATEST place to be EVER

Then he would have killed himself. He had a gun with bullets and used none on himself.

life imprisonment for that Ahole is worse than the death penalty.. I want him to rot in solitary for the rest of his life.

life imprisonment for that Ahole is worse than the death penalty.. I want him to rot in solitary for the rest of his life.

:thumbsup:

Pretty sure blowing up an 8 year old kid is what will get him the death penalty, not flipping the bird to a camera.

Given your welching history it makes alot of sense you don't understand the concept of remorse

No hyperbole at all. I'd love to see exactly that. He deserves it.

So throw the Constitution out the window?

Given your welching history it makes alot of sense you don't understand the concept of remorse

Poor effort.

I get the concept of remorse, Sport. I just put more weight on killing an 8 year old than flipping off a camera. I didn't need to see that to know he has no remorse......maybe you did. But then, you are kinda slow on the uptake.

So throw the Constitution out the window?

He's a Muslim kunt who hates this country (including the Constitution). Treat him like a war enemy. Eye for an eye.

should just put a mask on, behead him and put it on youtube

Poor effort.

I get the concept of remorse, Sport. I just put more weight on killing an 8 year old than flipping off a camera. I didn't need to see that to know he has no remorse......maybe you did. But then, you are kinda slow on the uptake.

The flipping off of the camera goes against the defense's claim that he was just going along with his brother, who was the ringleader. Defense is trying to paint Tsarneav as some innocent kid just going along with his brother. The flipping off of the camera shows that he is a defiant scofflaw who has every bit the hate in his heart as his brother did. Very damaging photo for the defense.

The flipping off of the camera goes against the defense's claim that he was just going along with his brother, who was the ringleader. Defense is trying to paint Tsarneav as some innocent kid just going along with his brother. The flipping off of the camera shows that he is a defiant scofflaw who has every bit the hate in his heart as his brother did. Very damaging photo for the defense.

Cool story.

I didn't need the pic to give him the death penalty. Maybe you did. :dunno:

Unless the death penalty involves something that is extremely painful, throw this bastard in solitary for the rest of his life. Lethal injection is the equivalent of falling asleep. This pitiful fock deserves far, far worse then that

:first:

This :thumbsup:

Cool story.

I didn't need the pic to give him the death penalty. Maybe you did. :dunno:

Just trying to educate you. You seemed stuck on the 'middle finger not worse than killing 8 year-old' angle.

You learned something today. You're welcome

Just trying to educate you. You seemed stuck on the 'middle finger not worse than killing 8 year-old' angle.You learned something today. You're welcome

You taught nothing.

The jury convicted him on 31 of 31 charges. I think they already dismissed the defense claim he was a hapless rube. They are smarter than those who require this pic to make the death penalty call.

You taught nothing.

That's why I said 'Just trying' to educate you. I really didn't think you were bright enough to grasp it

He's a ###### Muslim kunt who hates this country (including the Constitution). Treat him like a war enemy. Eye for an eye.

Thats great and all...he is still a citizen protected by the document.

And eye for an eye is the dumbest thing ever.

That's why I said 'Just trying' to educate you. I really didn't think you were bright enough to grasp it

I grasp your dumbass position just fine. It's just that I am so far beyond that idiotic line of thinking I laugh at those who need it.

HTH

I grasp your dumbass position just fine. It's just that I am so far beyond that idiotic line of thinking I laugh at those who need it.

HTH

I think 'too nuanced' is the phrase you guys like to throw around. So I'll go with it.

Enjoy living life as a simpleton. :wave:

This.

You taught nothing.

The jury convicted him on 31 of 31 charges. I think they already dismissed the defense claim he was a hapless rube. They are smarter than those who require this pic to make the death penalty call.

Wow you are really, exceptionally stupid. The first focking thing the defense did was admit Tsarnaev did it :lol: :doh:

I think 'too nuanced' is the phrase you guys like to throw around. So I'll go with it.

Enjoy living life as a simpleton. :wave:

You should educate yourself on the phrase before throwing it out.

Wow you are really, exceptionally stupid. The first focking thing the defense did was admit Tsarnaev did it :lol: :doh:

Apparently, you are ignorant of many of the charges he was convicted of. No way the jury bought the hapless rube defense and still convicted him on those charges. That ship has sailed, Matlock.

This is a legal matter, so might I suggest you back away before being further humiliated. :wave:

He lived in Boston, how much more should he suffer?

I don’t see him getting the death penalty here. There’s no way you’ll get 12 random people from liberal Massachusetts to all agree someone deserves death; I don’t care what they put on their juror questionnaire forms. It has to be 12-0 for death, or else it’s life. I predict 9-3 for death.

Personally, I vacillated between the death penalty and life in prison for this guy. Yeah, 23 hours a day in solitary sounds worse than being put to sleep with a needle. But how long do you think he’ll really be spending 23 hours a day isolated? Not the rest of his life, I’m sure. There are lawsuits now claiming 23 hours in solitary for the mentally handicapped is cruel and unusual punishment. In keeping with the continued pussification of our great society, it’s only a matter of time before that gets extended to “normal” psychopaths like this guy. So we have no idea what his prison life will be like 10, 15, 20 years from now. Hell, we may be paying for his “gender re-assignment” surgery in the not too distant future. Just kill him now.

Scientifically speaking - 19 year old's are idiots. Execution is harsh punishment for someone that young. So is life in SuperMax.

I'm kinda surprised the jury was allowed to see a picture of him flipping the bird. Has nothing to do with the crime he's charged with.?.

Scientifically speaking - 19 year old's are idiots. Execution is harsh punishment for someone that young. So is life in SuperMax.

I'm kinda surprised the jury was allowed to see a picture of him flipping the bird. Has nothing to do with the crime he's charged with.?.

Either do character witnesses, but they sometimes allow them. I think the middle finger picture is a very important piece of evidence. You're trying to determine a guy's role in the crime. What his mindset is. If he seems remorseful. That one picture answer3d a lot of questions.

This guy needs to be slowly eaten to death by bullet ants. Have victims families use tiny blowtorches on him.

It wasn't show during the trial, they didn't need it.

It was shown at the what the punishment phase, trying to prove he has no remorse and needs to die.