Sign in to follow this  
gpann101

Anyone else think C.J.Anderson will win rushing title?

I really dont see that happening. AP is owed $15 mill next year and $18 mill the year after. A team would be pretty stupid to pay that much to a 32 year old rb with a ton of carries. None of his contract is guaranteed any more either. Mckinnon is good enough to dump AP after this year.

Prob the case. The shrewdest move ever would be to trade AP mid season if he has a couple good games. I know that's almost unheard of, but would be a savvy move for the Vikings. RB value plummets like crazy yet they have the one guy in the league that can retain the most value after age 30.

I doubt it but not all that possible. I am one of those guys who drafts RB HEAVILY dependent on offensive line and the Broncos line is a huge question mark.

Kubes loves to run the ball but honestly you never know who he picks as his bell-cow. It can change quickly. (See 2014 with Ravens)

I doubt it but not all that possible. I am one of those guys who drafts RB HEAVILY dependent on offensive line and the Broncos line is a huge question mark.

Kubes loves to run the ball but honestly you never know who he picks as his bell-cow. It can change quickly. (See 2014 with Ravens)

This is my fear as well. He's expensive to all of the sudden get benched because Montee Ball has an awakening or some other thing.

They have Hillman also guy was a solid play when he was the guy last season .

• Like 1

Yeah, its seems unlikely, but if there was a "Forsett like" guy on the Broncos its Hillman.

CJA looked good last year but the situation is harder to trust than it appears on the surface, the Broncos organization (Elway) has more invested in Ball.

CJA looked good last year but the situation is harder to trust than it appears on the surface, the Broncos organization (Elway) has more invested in Ball.

Ball will make $9,938 more than Anderson this year (not including $125k roster bonus), it's not like he's taking up cap space. The fact that he was a 2nd round pick might factor a little into it, but I can't see them ignoring CJ's production for that reason.

Shhhhhh!!!! ;)

You mean the guy that cj anderson stole the starting gig from, before hillman injury. Ball from last I heard was on the border of even making the team. Reports anderson has looked great in the zone blocking where ball has looked lost.

With P manning under center and those weapons on the outside you dont need an amazing offensive line, throw in Kubiak making all RBs successfull I find it really hard to cj struggling.

Guys anderson started and dominated the final 8 games. No way either Ball or Hillman come close to him. You act as if these are studs behind him chomping at the bit, neither has been succesful.

I don't think anyone in that back field is a stud including Anderson....that's the problem. While I agree he looked the best LAST year for part of the year that doesn't guarantee anything.

I'm just not sold on the guy setting the world on fire which is exactly what this thread is proposing. We are talking 1600-1800 yards rushing for the rushing title and assuming he catches passes like many are predicting....well we are getting into the 2000 AP yards territory. Is CJ Anderson that type of back? Really? I'm just pulling the reins a little in this thread. I am not completely shiting on CJ.

Only one guy had over 1400 yards rushing last year and he has since left the cowboys. With the increase of passing 1400 could very well win a rushing title.

You mean the guy that cj anderson stole the starting gig from, before hillman injury. Ball from last I heard was on the border of even making the team. Reports anderson has looked great in the zone blocking where ball has looked lost.

With P manning under center and those weapons on the outside you dont need an amazing offensive line, throw in Kubiak making all RBs successfull I find it really hard to cj struggling.

Guys anderson started and dominated the final 8 games. No way either Ball or Hillman come close to him. You act as if these are studs behind him chomping at the bit, neither has been succesful.

Post is about do I think Anderson will win the rushing title . I say no . My point about Hillman was when he did play we was doing really good I know I picked him up on one of my teams and he did really will . Another point about Hillman is I am not sold on the fact that Ball will be the first back up Rb , from what we have been seeing Hillman was much better then Ball last season and I think he will be number two after Anderson who won't win the rushing title . So no one is saying that Anderson won't have a great season just voting no on rushing title .

This is why CJA winning the rushing title is extremely unlikely and he was, and especially now, is a risky redraft investment as a 1st round pick.

Not Hillman specifically, but the idea that there are other very capable RBs on the roster and CJ is not an elite talent. He is a solid RB talent but his value was based on the offense and assumption of high volume.

Is it panic time?

I'm not saying that by any means, he's just not a worthy of overpaying........ the warning signs have been there all along and risk hasn't been properly priced.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7440/ronnie-hillman

9News' Mike Klis said Broncos RB Ronnie Hillman is now the "1B runner behind C.J. Anderson."

Hillman has been electric this preseason, averaging 7.5 yards on his 16 carries. The hot start has allowed Hillman to blow past Montee Ball on the depth chart, and it appears he is in a position to steal carries from Anderson as well. Hillman has struggled before when given big workloads and lacks the ideal size to be a true feature back, but he is a great change of pace option who can rip off big chunk plays. If Anderson falters, Hillman has the talent to pick up the slack.

This is why CJA winning the rushing title is extremely unlikely and he was, and especially now, is a risky redraft investment as a 1st round pick.

Not Hillman specifically, but the idea that there are other very capable RBs on the roster and CJ is not an elite talent. He is a solid RB talent but his value was based on the offense and assumption of high volume.

Is it panic time?

I'm not saying that by any means, he's just not a worthy of overpaying........ the warning signs have been there all along and risk hasn't been properly priced.

9News' Mike Klis said Broncos RB Ronnie Hillman is now the "1B runner behind C.J. Anderson."

Hillman has been electric this preseason, averaging 7.5 yards on his 16 carries. The hot start has allowed Hillman to blow past Montee Ball on the depth chart, and it appears he is in a position to steal carries from Anderson as well. Hillman has struggled before when given big workloads and lacks the ideal size to be a true feature back, but he is a great change of pace option who can rip off big chunk plays. If Anderson falters, Hillman has the talent to pick up the slack.

In my big money draft my buddy took Anderson at 9 overall out of 10 teams. He had a great draft imo and still may be able to overcome his first pick, but unless Hillman gets hurt i dont see Anderson getting the necessary touches to be consistent. I would have rather taken Hill. Im almost glad my friend took Anderson because if he had taken a different rb he would have been really tough to beat.

No I think Jamaal Charles will win.

I really really think that K Davis will get more work this season .

No I think Jamaal Charles will win.

The offensive line has some serious issues and Charles carries will be limited more than past years.

The offensive line has some serious issues and Charles carries will be limited more than past years.

I'm watching where Mathis signs, he is going to help a team and the Chiefs are in the mix.

line is suspect, Montee once he learns the system and how to block, as well as Hillman can both thrive similarly to CJ.... tons of risk around situation, but you have to pay a premium extrapolating last year where the competition was all hurt and benched... I see alot more downside than upside given where you have to go to get him...

Never-ever panic after 1 week, Baltimore has a tough D, yada-yada, but............

CJ is now 139 yds behind the pace for rushing title and.............

.....................he is 12 yds behind the pace for leading rusher for the Broncos.

I skipped this stiff and drafted Forte

though I did draft Bryant over Brown :cry:

woulda coulda shoulda

Not with that O-line.

Not sharing carries with Hillman and being on a short leash.

SO...no.

Forte safest top rb to draft .

Still believe. The Ravens front 7 is no joke. It's one game against a tough D. Everyone take a breath.

Still believe. The Ravens front 7 is no joke. It's one game against a tough D. Everyone take a breath.

Read that they think he might have turf toe I'm not sure how true that is but I read that today .

Read that they think he might have turf toe I'm not sure how true that is but I read that today .

ESPN just said he's fine and practiced today.

ESPN just said he's fine and practiced today.

See and there you go it changes by the second .

CJ Anderson is now 155 yards behind the "win the rushing title pace".................. and 19 yds behind.................... the leading rusher for the Broncos.

Can he turn it around this week?

CJ Anderson is now 155 yards behind the "win the rushing title pace".................. and 19 yds behind.................... the leading rusher for the Broncos.

Can he turn it around this week?

Much lik eLuck and the Colts, this is the week to really analyze the team and players.

2008 DELO is the reason I try to wait 4-5 weeks to fully analyze a player. He did absolutly nothing the first 4 weeks. Someone in my league dropped him and the person who picked him up ended up winning the league. From weeks 5-17 he was the number 1 RB.

2008 DELO is the reason I try to wait 4-5 weeks to fully analyze a player. He did absolutly nothing the first 4 weeks. Someone in my league dropped him and the person who picked him up ended up winning the league. From weeks 5-17 he was the number 1 RB.

So one exception...

Anderson won't be a top 10 RB this year, I'll say that right now after watching that Denver O-line.

Following Week 4 CJ Anderson is now 255 yards behind the league leader in rushing and 74 yards behind........the leading rusher in his team.

It does look like Hillman will get his shot as the lead dog now.

" Broncos coach Gary Kubiak said on Sirius XM Radio on Monday that he believes Ronnie Hillman "deserves more touches." "

Following Week 4 CJ Anderson is now 255 yards behind the league leader in rushing and 74 yards behind........the leading rusher in his team.

" Broncos coach Gary Kubiak said on Sirius XM Radio on Monday that he believes Ronnie Hillman "deserves more touches." "

Of course . Many many on this board have been saying this since summer time . And I still vote no Anderson won't win the rushing title .

Of course . Many many on this board have been saying this since summer time . And I still vote no Anderson won't win the rushing title .

HAHA my team may be in the crapper but I learned my lesson on Denver RBs last year. That team had RBBC written all over it.

Anderson sucks and is a huge bust, given he was the 5th or 6th RB off the board in many leagues.

I got him at 13th in a 16 man ppr league, this is the third bust in three years for my #1.

2013 - trent richardson at 14th

2014 - tony gerhart at 16th

2015 - cj. anderson at 13th

:dunno:

CJ is going to go nuts this week!!!!!!!!!!!!

Starting with confidence!!!!!!!!

:(

CJ is going to go nuts this week!!!!!!!!!!!!

Starting with confidence!!!!!!!!

:(

I think he is going crazy also .

I just traded for Jeremy Hill. So now I can leave CJ and Hillman on my bench and pray each week that one of them breaks both legs so a starter can emerge.