Sign in to follow this  
porkbutt

so is the fight over? gay marriage

Going after the tax exempt status has been talked about long before recent events. And it should happen.

Agreed. Why should everyone else pay MORE taxes, because the churches pay NO taxes? They use fire protection, police protection and roads like everyone else.

In Orlando, FL there's a THEME PARK called the Holy Land Experience which charges $50 a head.... and those bastards pay NO PROPERTY TAXES. None. The County Assessor tried to take away their religious exemption and it was fought all the way up to the Governor, who was Jeb Bush at the time. Bush ruled in favor of the theme park. What a piece of sh*t. :thumbsdown:

Nah. This is just another way of the opposition presenting tje slippery slope argument. Now that gay marriage is a reality and they've been defeated once again, they need to act like the real concern isn't gays marrying, it's the polygamy and beastiality and opposing churches that will follow. Chicken little is right.

I'm not "the opposition", and I don't give a rat's ass about polygamy. In fact, I don't know why it's illegal. As long as all involved are consenting adults, why should it concern me? I have no problem with the state saying for record purposes, only one of the b!tches is your actual wife, though. Hell, I don't care if you pick a different one of them to be your "legal" wife every year.

As for beastiality, go ahead, marry your horse, see if I care. Just don't have sex with it. If they do legalize sex with horses, knock yourself out.

As for opposing churches, I couldn't care less who they want to marry. I just don't want a legitimate church to lose tax exempt status for sticking to their beliefs. And I stand by my prediction - that will be the next thing the gays go after. So I guess I'm focking "Chicken Little".

I'm not "the opposition", and I don't give a rat's ass about polygamy. In fact, I don't know why it's illegal. As long as all involved are consenting adults, why should it concern me? I have no problem with the state saying for record purposes, only one of the b!tches is your actual wife, though. Hell, I don't care if you pick a different one of them to be your "legal" wife every year.

As for beastiality, go ahead, marry your horse, see if I care. Just don't have sex with it. If they do legalize sex with horses, knock yourself out.

As for opposing churches, I couldn't care less who they want to marry. I just don't want a legitimate church to lose tax exempt status for sticking to their beliefs. And I stand by my prediction - that will be the next thing the gays go after. So I guess I'm focking "Chicken Little".

And I said that should be the next thing EVERYONE goes after. There's huge debt in this country and the churches are making a fortune. Why should they be tax exempt? I can't think of a single reason. It's a business.

And I said that should be the next thing EVERYONE goes after. There's huge debt in this country and the churches are making a fortune. Why should they be tax exempt? I can't think of a single reason. It's a business.

And I said "Fine". As long as it's all of them, or none of them, and not based on some perceived "discrimination", I don't care one way or the other.

I wasn't aware we needed links for a focking prediction.

I predict Seattle will win the Super Bowl next season. Do you need a link?

I thought maybe your prediction was based on something other than your own fear and bigotry.

Guess I was wrong about that. Carry on.

I'm fine with getting rid of tax emempt status for Churches...as long as we get rid of tax emempt status across the board, for everybody. Boys and Girls Club of America, NAACP, Planned Parenthood, all of it.

Let's be consistent and not pick and choose based on our personal world view or whats in the news at the time. :thumbsup:

I'm fine with getting rid of tax emempt status for Churches...as long as we get rid of tax emempt status across the board, for everybody. Boys and Girls Club of America, NAACP, Planned Parenthood, all of it.

Let's be consistent and not pick and choose based on our personal world view or whats in the news at the time. :thumbsup:

Agreed...its not about churches...but if they are a true non profit, they should have the same benefits of other non profits.

I'm for that.... get rid of Save Our Home exemptions (longer you've lived there the more you save), get rid of Homestead Exemptions, get rid of Agriculture exemptions, on and on and on. As a property appraiser (not government) I see it all the time... billionair developer puts a cow on a multi-million dollar piece of dirt and gets an Agriculture exemption thus pays no property taxes. Meanwhile, everyone else in the community has to pay a little bit more, since he's not paying any.

You pay your fair share and I'll pay my fair share. The end.

And I said "Fine". As long as it's all of them, or none of them, and not based on some perceived "discrimination", I don't care one way or the other.

:thumbsup:

some of you church haters need to take the blinders off :lol:...yeah let's just strip them all of their tax exempt status. be careful what you wish for...all this to support 1% of the population?

do you have any idea of what the catholic church alone provides just in this country? they also probably save taxpayers more than what you'd get if they were tax exempt.

some of you church haters need to take the blinders off :lol:...yeah let's just strip them all of their tax exempt status. be careful what you wish for...all this to support 1% of the population?

do you have any idea of what the catholic church alone provides just in this country? they also probably save taxpayers more than what you'd get if they were tax exempt.

Please explain how the Catholic Church is saving this country money.

do you have any idea of what the catholic church alone provides just in this country?

Child molesters?

You just explained why straight people aren't cool with open marriages. They don't like the idea of their partner banging other dudes. But let's get deep with it and examine. We know we don't want our wives banging other guys. But do we know why? I hypothesize that while we know we can want to bang random girls for purely carnal reasons and it mean zero emotionally, we also know most woman are incapable of separating the two for very long.

But if my partner was a dude, and he said "it meant nothing. He just made my c*ck hard". I'd say "Makes sense. Carry on lover"

Not sure about your conclusion, but I think that first paragraph is spot on. Mars vs. Venus words.

:sigh:

I am not a religious person, but one of the reasons I stand up for Churches occaisionaly is that I respect them. In my town I see the Churches doing good all the time in the community. They have soup kitchens for homeless. They collect toys for underprivledged kids at Christmas. Fresh water initiatives to developing countries. They had a bus full of volunteers drive up to NJ, your way, the day after Hurrican Sandy hit. On and on.

I don't know the figure but remember reading it somewhere that the National budget for food stamps was 6 Billion and Churches spend over 10 times that on feeding the hungry annually.

I know its easy to pick apart the negatives, like the super-church dude on TV, or the child molester guy. But to discredit the good side of the ledger that Churches do in the country is not only ignorant, but outright assinine. You don't have to "believe in a higher power" to see it.

Tax exempt status for churchs is missing the forest for the trees... Biggest scam going in non profits... Pay no tax, take all profits and pay as salaries instead. An utter scam.

billions saved on education (taxpayers not paying for kids in catholic schools)

healthcare & food services provided to poor & sick, shelters, orphanages & adoption services

largest charitable organization in world...they feed, shelter, clothe, and educate more people than any other organization in the world.

fock i even remember st. vincent's hospital in ny near st patricks...who took in all the gays dying of AIDS when no one else would touch them. google that.

A truly non-profit organization shouldn't have a big problem with not being tax exempt. If there's no profit, there's nothing to tax. Let them deduct all their relevant expenses, including charity, and report the net. If they are really pouring all these resources into charity, that shouldn't be a very big number. The problem is that many "non-profits" are HUGELY profitable, hold massive assets, and they don't want to lose that exemption or have to account for those profits.

A truly non-profit organization shouldn't have a big problem with not being tax exempt. If there's no profit, there's nothing to tax. Let them deduct all their relevant expenses, including charity, and report the net. If they are really pouring all these resources into charity, that shouldn't be a very big number. The problem is that many "non-profits" are HUGELY profitable, hold massive assets, and they don't want to lose that exemption or have to account for those profits.

Like I said, I have no problem changing the tax laws for Churches. As long as we so for Planned Parenthood, NAACP and all other organizations of the like. Let's do it across the board or not at all. :thumbsup:

Like I said, I have no problem changing the tax laws for Churches. As long as we so for Planned Parenthood, NAACP and all other organizations of the like. Let's do it across the board or not at all. :thumbsup:

Absolutely. If you're "non-profit" prove it. That's all.

Well...I think many have been for removing tax exempt status for a while...its not something that is just popping up because of the gheys.

Well...I think many have been for removing tax exempt status for a while...its not something that is just popping up because of the gheys.

Thornton predicts it's the first thing the gay agenda calls for now that they can get married.

lots of good christian folk across this great land are struggling with america becoming a secular state and can't stand what a political post-christian nation looks like

lots of good christian folk across this great land are struggling with america becoming a secular state and can't stand what a political post-christian nation looks like

and when they open their minds a little, they're going to become even better Christian folk. Just like Jesus would want it.

Acting black, but not actually becoming black. Do you really think a kid never had gay sex for acceptance?

Never is a strong word. But do you think peer-pressure gay encounters are commonplace?

Never is a strong word. But do you think peer-pressure gay encounters are commonplace?

MB speaks from personal experience :(

With MB, a little gay slap-and-tickle was commonplace during his marine days.

Back to the OP question, I think its great that the Ghey Marraige "debate" is over. Once gov't was in the marraige business then the fact Ghey couples couldn't get married and be recognized never made much sense to me. I understand the "churches" (those who think marraige is between a man and woman) perspective, but once gov't is involved all of that is out the window.

I do think the next step and question will be back to that whole Indiana stuff. Not the exact law they were trying to put in the place but the overall questions that came up. With how do we balance and respect the freedom of religion with the now, legal, ghey marraige.

I think there is room for both. However I'm sure each side will dig in.....

Back to the OP question, I think its great that the Ghey Marraige "debate" is over. Once gov't was in the marraige business then the fact Ghey couples couldn't get married and be recognized never made much sense to me. I understand the "churches" (those who think marraige is between a man and woman) perspective, but once gov't is involved all of that is out the window.

I do think the next step and question will be back to that whole Indiana stuff. Not the exact law they were trying to put in the place but the overall questions that came up. With how do we balance and respect the freedom of religion with the now, legal, ghey marraige.

I think there is room for both. However I'm sure each side will dig in.....

yeah, i was really just curious if everyone is going be fine with their kids coming home from school with "gay" books, gay sex education, celebrating gay month, etc.

and also...when the first couples will be walking into churches demanding they marry them and the lawsuits that follow. sure it's already happening.

i think you'd have to be pretty naive if you dont think this is going to happen now. we'll see

yeah, i was really just curious if everyone is going be fine with their kids coming home from school with "gay" books, gay sex education, celebrating gay month, etc.

and also...when the first couples will be walking into churches demanding they marry them and the lawsuits that follow. sure it's already happening.

i think you'd have to be pretty naive if you dont think this is going to happen now. we'll see

"gay" books? LIke what? Some probably already had gay overtones in them. Its literature and art...nothing new there.

But if you think there are ghey textbooks...you are living with a tinfoil hat on.

Gay sex education...what is there to educate other than protection (which the right already hates talking about).

Is there a gay month?

When the first couples walk into a church and demand to be married and sue...the 1st amendment as its actually meant will be used (the real Freedom of Religion)

Never is a strong word. But do you think peer-pressure gay encounters are commonplace?[/quote

Impossible to know, but I do know that teenagers do lots of things to fit in, gain acceptance and seek affection. So I do think that it occurs, but I don't think it's as common as a girl having sex for those reasons.

"gay" books? LIke what?

Apparently there is this book call King & King that some (more liberal) teachers want to read to 2nd Graders as part of the curriculum.. It's a childrens book about two Kings that fall in love and get married.

The pro book side thinks its a good introduction at a young age to teach about ghey people and ghey couples.

The anti book side says, hey now, that is going to far and if you are going to read that in a public school to my child I'd like to know before hand so he has the right to miss that day of school.

Apparently there is this book call King & King that some (more liberal) teachers want to read to 2nd Graders as part of the curriculum.. It's a childrens book about two Kings that fall in love and get married.

The pro book side thinks its a good introduction at a young age to teach about ghey people and ghey couples.

The anti book side says, hey now, that is going to far and if you are going to read that in a public school to my child I'd like to know before hand so he has the right to miss that day of school.

yup

That would certainly be a horrible thing, teaching kids about stuff that actually happens.

I think it may be unnecessary to introduce them to it at such a young age.