Sign in to follow this  
KSB2424

Senior Director of Planned Parenthood Video

The decisions made over the last month or so represent the worst couple of months in the party's history. Can't really blame them for being in panic mode.

Yes, they desperately need to change the subject.

You sure sound like one in this thread.

And not that there's anything wrong with that - just wish you would come clean for once

I would be against any law or bill that tries to outlaw abortion all together. I've come to the realization it's a necessary evil, that if it was outlawed women would still do it except outside of a hospital / clinic, etc. In cases of rape / incest its a no-brainer to me, etc. etc.

Government wise, I do think it should be highly regulated though. I do think we as a society should PUSH for more adoption choices, for more proactive measures such as birth control and abstinence. More than we do. The fact people have just given up on the abstinence angle is concerning. Sure its a tough sell, but since when is something being tough a reason to give up?

Morally speaking, in America in 2015, abortion seems to be simply a resort for unwanted pregnancy for too many people. I think it should be the LAST resort for everyone. The fact that it's not just feels dirty to me. Not even religious wise, but just as a human being.

I would be against any law or bill that tries to outlaw abortion all together. I've come to the realization it's a necessary evil, that if it was outlawed women would still do it except outside of a hospital / clinic, etc. In cases of rape / incest its a no-brainer to me, etc. etc.

Government wise, I do think it should be highly regulated though. I do think we as a society should PUSH for more adoption choices, for more proactive measures such as birth control and abstinence. More than we do. The fact people have just given up on the abstinence angle is concerning. Sure its a tough sell, but since when is something being tough a reason to give up?

Morally speaking, in America in 2015, abortion seems to be simply a resort for unwanted pregnancy for too many people. I think it should be the LAST resort for everyone. The fact that it's not just feels dirty to me. Not even religious wise, but just as a human being.

Yup, the GOP mantra...highly regulated medical care. :lol:

Yup, the GOP mantra...highly regulated medical care. :lol:

I have no idea if that is some GOP "mantra".

But, see, here we go again saying abortion is just like any other "medical care". :thumbsdown:

Yes, things that have to do with ending a life or a potential life by our healthcare industry, I feel, should be highly regulated and only last resorts. Abortion, assisted suicide, Death penalty (lethal injections). All those should have high restrictions and regulations and should not be treated lightly,nor should we be so flippant about them. Those "medical procedures" are not like others, despite trying to lump them all together.

Abortion is already highly regulated. The methods the government is using to put more restrictions on it are not meant to reduce abortion, they are meant to make it next to impossible to obtain one, effectively ending it altogether.

Government and "society" should stay out of the morality business altogether. Educating people about condom use is the best way to reduce the amount of abortions that are performed as well as stopping the spread of STDs. Abstinence programs and "pushing for absTinence" is nothing more than conservative speak for religious morality. Morality needs to be taught in the home, not promoted by the government.

Government and "society" should stay out of the morality business altogether. Educating people about condom use is the best way to reduce the amount of abortions that are performed as well as stopping the spread of STDs. Abstinence programs and "pushing for absTinence" is nothing more than conservative speak for religious morality. Morality needs to be taught in the home, not promoted by the government.

That can get into a pretty deep conversation. Morality is all around us....most all of our laws are based on some form of "morality". Different countries have different laws because certain cultures have different morals (historically speaking).

So to say for "Government to get out of the morality business" is pretty ridiculous. It's impossible quite frankly.

That can get into a pretty deep conversation. Morality is all around us....most all of our laws are based on some form of "morality". Different countries have different laws because certain cultures have different morals (historically speaking).

So to say for "Government to get out of the morality business" is pretty ridiculous. It's impossible quite frankly.

I think he just goes by "Frank"

Most of our laws are based around rules to keep a society functioning correctly, not morality. There's no law against for example lying or adultery but nearly everyone agrees they are wrong.

I'll rephrase that to "government should stay out of the sexual morality business altogether".

Promoting abstinence should not be the government's job. As part of an educational program detailing options, yes. Pushing it as the solution, no.

Most of our laws are based around rules to keep a society functioning correctly, not morality. There's no law against for example lying or adultery but nearly everyone agrees they are wrong.

There once were laws against adultery in many, if not all, states.

Conservatives would love to get us back there.

Dude, morals, societies generally accepted morals is what drives most all laws.

Do you think a medical professional should be allowed to assist a suicide of an otherwise healthy person, who is depressed? If they ask for it? It's a morality question, its how societies (and thus the people we elect) draws these lines. That's one example of a thousand.

Morality is all around us, it drives our behaviors. To say for government to get out of the business simply isn't possible. Protecting and helping the poor...that's a morality question. It may seem like a no-brainer morality question but it is none-the-less. Most everything is......

Do you think a medical professional should be allowed to assist a suicide of an otherwise healthy person, who is depressed? If they ask for it? It's a morality question, its how societies (and thus the people we elect) draws these lines. That's one example of a thousand.

It's also a huge financial issue. The government doesn't give two sh1ts about the moral side of it. The life insurance company that has to pay out six months earlier than it would have without the suicide cares. As well as many other death benefits.

It's also a huge financial issue. The government doesn't give two sh1ts about the moral side of it. The life insurance company that has to pay out six months earlier than it would have without the suicide cares. As well as many other death benefits.

I don't remember the exact stats but end-of-life care for the terminally ill constitutes something like half of all medical spending. I gotta think insurance companies would be fond of anything that cuts those costs.

My FIL was given "a year or less" just last week after finishing chemo for lung cancer, which has now metastasized throughout his body. They won't give him any more chemo but they did advise him of a "chemo pill" he could take, though they said best case it would probably only prolong things marginally. The pill runs $5 grand a month or some sh!t. He has pretty good insurance so he probably could have gone on it, but he has decided not to. Many people in his position probably would though. :dunno:

maybe we should just set up panels to decide who gets to be bornded and who gets to be deadorated

maybe we should just set up panels to decide who gets to be bornded and who gets to be deadorated

Or let it up to the mother. :doh:

Or let it up to the mother. :doh:

Right, but they shouldn't be called Mother. Impregnated female of the species would work.

Dude, morals, societies generally accepted morals is what drives most all laws.

I actually don't believe that. Or at least, that may have been true at one time but today I can find plenty if examples of things that are immoral but not illegal, and vice versa.

I think the purpose of laws is to maintain a stable society, not to encourage a moral populace.

I don't remember the exact stats but end-of-life care for the terminally ill constitutes something like half of all medical spending. I gotta think insurance companies would be fond of anything that cuts those costs.

And that's a big part of the problem right there. You will have financial pressure to stop being a burden and just go ahead and off yourself already. Not proper when it's a question of life and death, IMO.

I think that was your doctor's personal policy:

He told me it was state law. :dunno:

I'm a man who survived the abortion era via being born in 1968. Had i been conceived a few years later, my birth mother would have made the choice. I was adopted by a great man and woman, luckily.

Tell me to run along. Explain to me sheep? You have zero understanding of the topic. And so do you other fawkeds that pretend to know anything.

I'm dead and contribute zero to this board if you had your way.

Go pound sand you dooshbags.

I'm still weighing if that's a good or bad thing

I'm still weighing if that's a good or bad thing

I'm still trying to figure out what it had to do with calling ksb and porkbutt sheep for automatically believing the edited video in the op the way they did.

I'm still trying to figure out what it had to do with calling ksb and porkbutt sheep for automatically believing the edited video in the op the way they did.

He said his life is an example of my guilt and proof that I dont want to live in a moral society.

I could explain that if I spoke Drunkese.

link to me "believing" anything? said right from start...who cares...once you kill a baby, i don't really expect you to take a moral stand against selling their livers and eyeballs.

link to me "believing" anything? said right from start...who cares...once you kill a baby, i don't really expect you to take a moral stand against selling their livers and eyeballs.

What if you "kill" it months before it's a baby?

Your first two posts were nothing more than acting as if the video validates your opinion on Planned Parenthood being terrible.

HTH

For the record: My adoption was private. It was done between my birth mother,father and mother, the doctor, and the courts. As of today, those records are sealed and it would take an act of congress for me to open them. I do not know who my birth mother is nor do I really care. My only concerns are hereditary and health issues that may effect me that I don't know about and also for my daughter.

My birth mother went to her gynecologist looking to get an abortion three months into her pregnancy. The doctor of course told her that abortion was illegal. When hearing this, she threw a temper tantrum like only a sixteen year old could. He told her the only way to have one was to go to Mexico. Or she could put me up for adoption. He told her about a nice couple that couldn't have baby and really wanted one. Two months later she came back and decided to put me up for adoption to my parents. The courts granted it and the rest is history.

That's about as personal as it gets. Take it for what it's worth. I didn't claim that I should be wearing an "I'm An Abortion Survivor" T-Shirt. I just stated the facts. And those facts are obviously hard for some. Had abortion been legal, I would not be here. My birth mothers intentions were clear. I feel like the lucky one sometimes when I hear a million abortions a year. I understand their need and agree that there are situations that call for them. I dated a girl that had one. That was mine.

Well, you know about the alcoholism and dyslexia, but when someone gives a child up for adoption, they should be required to give health info as it develops to a third party.

Right, but they shouldn't be called Mother. Impregnated female of the species would work.

'mother' is such a gend-ist discriminatory term... What? You think females are just made to breed and spawn?

Well, you know about the alcoholism and dyslexia, but when someone gives a child up for adoption, they should be required to give health info as it develops to a third party.

?Aixelsyd

I'm sure the laws have changed since I was adopted and that's a requirement now.

Your first two posts were nothing more than acting as if the video validates your opinion on Planned Parenthood being terrible.

HTH

didn't take the video for me to know that. scumbag run operation.

What if you "kill" it months before it's a baby?

i wouldn't use quotes for anything with a hearbeat. even when i squish a slug i'd say kill. video was mostly about late term abortions, no?

i wouldn't use quotes for anything with a hearbeat. even when i squish a slug i'd say kill. video was mostly about late term abortions, no?

Don't know. I'm against third trimester abortions.

HTH

That video is awful, she rightfully should be investigated over it.

That video is awful, she rightfully should be investigated over it.

Didn't see the unedited did you?

Conervatard righteous anger without the facts to back it up is always entertaining.

Several levels of fail in this post, well done.

It's hard to be angry when one is on the outside looking in. Both sides are guilty of this.

It's hard to be angry when one is on the outside looking in. Both sides are guilty of this.

If we are talking about nice vajayjays...I prefer being on the inside.