Sign in to follow this  
cousinal111

++ Update - Kelvin Benjamin Carted Off - ACL, Out for the Year

They looked ready to take the next step.

This sucks.

It does. I think funchess can have the same season Kelv did last year tho.

It's all about that new Funchess ADP.

Jokes and put-downs about format aside, is Funchess worth using #1 waiver priority this early?

1 inch shorter

a few pounds lighter

smaller hands

And a tad slower...

I don't know. Does the dude play faster than the 4.7 time?

1 inch shorter

a few pounds lighter

smaller hands

And a tad slower...

I believe ge was originally a Tight End in college

Carolina Backup WRs:

The Panthers remade their backup wide receiver corps during the offseason/through the NFL Draft, bringing in Jarrett Boykin (he was formerly the third wide receiver for the Packers before Davante Adams arrived in Green Bay last year) on a one-year 'prove it' contract. Boykin amassed 49/681/3 catching passes for the Packers during 2013, and could be a candidate to move past Jerricho Cotchery for the #2 job during training camp.

New rookie wide receiver Devin Funchess (6'4, 232) is seen as a sort of hybrid tight end/wide receiver (he was Big Ten tight end of the year in 2013 before switching to wide receiver for Michigan during 2014) who can go up to haul in passes that sail too high for most other receivers. Funchess is said to have good skills gaining separation from press coverage and while running routes - however, he needs to catch more contested balls. His wide wing span may help him reel in passes from Newton that are less-than-perfectly-on-target.

Philly Brown showed some promise as a receiver last season during his inaugural NFL season (36 targets for 21/296/2 receiving), and will be in the mix as a backup option for Carolina during 2015.

Carolina Backup WRs:

The Panthers remade their backup wide receiver corps during the offseason/through the NFL Draft, bringing in Jarrett Boykin (he was formerly the third wide receiver for the Packers before Davante Adams arrived in Green Bay last year) on a one-year 'prove it' contract. Boykin amassed 49/681/3 catching passes for the Packers during 2013, and could be a candidate to move past Jerricho Cotchery for the #2 job during training camp.

New rookie wide receiver Devin Funchess (6'4, 232) is seen as a sort of hybrid tight end/wide receiver (he was Big Ten tight end of the year in 2013 before switching to wide receiver for Michigan during 2014) who can go up to haul in passes that sail too high for most other receivers. Funchess is said to have good skills gaining separation from press coverage and while running routes - however, he needs to catch more contested balls. His wide wing span may help him reel in passes from Newton that are less-than-perfectly-on-target.

Philly Brown showed some promise as a receiver last season during his inaugural NFL season (36 targets for 21/296/2 receiving), and will be in the mix as a backup option for Carolina during 2015.

Why is Tedd Ginn not on this list?

Or is he considered a starter thus not on the list?

Why is Tedd Ginn not on this list?

Or is he considered a starter thus not on the list?

Yeah, Ginn and Crotchery are pretty known commodities.

1 inch shorter

a few pounds lighter

smaller hands

And a tad slower...

I heard a rumor last season that Benjamin tanked his combine 40 time specifically to hurt his draft stock so he could land in Carolina. For as ridiculous as it sounds, he did play much faster than his recorded 4.6 forty time.

I heard a rumor last season that Benjamin tanked his combine 40 time specifically to hurt his draft stock so he could land in Carolina. For as ridiculous as it sounds, he did play much faster than his recorded 4.6 forty time.

Sounds silly tho, there's no guarantee Car would pick him. 40 can cost guys millions of bucks, I can't see anyone being dumb enough to tank it.

1 inch shorter

a few pounds lighter

smaller hands

And a tad slower...

He ran a 4.47 and 4.53 at his pro day.

- Cameron Artis Payne becomes a very interesting cat now, as well ... with an increased workload for JStew due to KB injury, expect ouchies and nicks galore for him (JStew) ... Tolbert doesn't have the three down sizzle the rook can bring :thumbsup:

methinks the Furnace and Cappy are gonna be major contributors down the stretch for fantasy foosballers who take the plunge (bonus - Carolina gets Atlanta weeks 14 and 16)

HTH -

As a Panther fan, I'm still in shock. He was pretty much the only guy, save the QB we couldn't afford to lose. I feel like the season is over already. :cry:

I guess Greg Olsen gets a bump. Beyond that I have zero clue. Philly Brown should do well in PPR leagues. The rookie? Who knows, he's a rookie.

Cam Newton gets a bump down, IMO.

As a Panther fan, I'm still in shock. He was pretty much the only guy, save the QB we couldn't afford to lose. I feel like the season is over already. :cry:

I guess Greg Olsen gets a bump. Beyond that I have zero clue. Philly Brown should do well in PPR leagues. The rookie? Who knows, he's a rookie.

Cam Newton gets a bump down, IMO.

like i mentioned in another thread - i wonder if cam's rushing stats get a bump due to this. i don't think they'll throw in the towel over one injury, and i feel they might run cam more than they WANT to out of necessity for some offense

where did the below article come from? it indicates boykin moving past cotchery for the #2 job and that philly brown is a backup candidate? according to the team's depth chart, the #2 spot (still indicating KB #1) currently belongs to philly brown...

Carolina Backup WRs: