Sign in to follow this  
American Chewy

Yeldon

has anyone watched him in preseason at all? haven't seen any discussion on him for a while. I got burned by gerhart last season and would rather avoid jags unless theres something actually there.

He's a curious case. He's been basically anointed the 3 down starter bell cow by the fantasy community. The actual team however has made no such commitments. I'm not worried about the Gerhart factor since both Storm and Denard looked good last year, Toby just sucks. It's entirely possible Yeldon is Bishop Sankey this year. We must really have no idea what his role will be with the team.

I have him ranked as the second best RB this year in dynasty and fourth in no keeper, take it for what its worth.

I have him ranked as the second best RB this year in dynasty and fourth in no keeper, take it for what its worth.

Did you attend school at Bama or currently live in NE Florida?

Expect a slow start from Yeldon. If the schedule doesn't get him, I bet the coaches do since I'm sure they'll want to manage his workload early. I think he's a potential second-half stud, but I'm fairly certain I don't want him before Round 6.

They are just being extra precautious with Yeldon, he has a strained finger, and will not see action until the 3rd pre season game.

He is the last one left that I need to still evaluate, and im holding out hope that he is the back this year that shows something worth while, because I have been only slightly impressed from what Ive seen out of this years rookie class thus far.

Here's the deal, it's a sprained finger. He's able to maintain his conditioning despite that. He certainly was drafted to be the starter, because Robinson proved last year he can't handle the lead role. He will certainly be a great change of pace back. Anyhow, back to Yeldon - would you rather have him or Joique Bell, Andre Ellington, Isiah Crowell, LaGarrette Blount or Rashard Jennings?

If J Bell can get healthy and play and with the lions I see him getting the tds I would take him . I don't know what to make of Yeldon right now he has done nothing to show ,e that he is worth anything at this time . He should be the Jags number one rb .

I have a related question:

it looks like they will have at least 2 and possibly 3 new starters on the line.

how has the line looked? have they been opening holes for the run game?

I read a news article that said they looked good, but I dont know how credible the author is, and didnt want to post a link because of that.

the jags run blocking was definitely an issue last year, at least for a rb that can't make guys miss at all like gerhart. I assume yeldon has better talent. can he catch passes?

6th round seems a little high for him as I'm still hoping to fill starting spots in that round. 7-8th round seems like better value for a guy that may not materialize immediately and could only be flex-level production even if he does play a lot.

the jags run blocking was definitely an issue last year, at least for a rb that can't make guys miss at all like gerhart. I assume yeldon has better talent. can he catch passes?

6th round seems a little high for him as I'm still hoping to fill starting spots in that round. 7-8th round seems like better value for a guy that may not materialize immediately and could only be flex-level production even if he does play a lot.

I dont mind rnd 6 at all really for him as long as I get something of a vot of confidence from the coaches. So far id have a tough time proving he even exists outside the wprld of outrageous fantasy hyperbole. Its like at the end of the year someone interviews the jags coaches. "So coach, why wasnt Yeldon the main man, we all thought he would be?" "Pfft, why would you think that? Hes a rookie and we had 2 other guys who played well for us last year, where the hell did you get that info?"

When Denard Robinson was healthy and played he was productive.

Exactly how has he become irrelevant? Me thinks he is under valued.

Yeldon is a rookie and slightly banged up already.

What am I missing?

What am I missing?

Anybody? Beuller?

He's not even on the fantasy radar it seems yet..........

• The Clear #2 back-up IF not still competing for just as many touches as Yeldon.
  • Catches the ball nicely out of the backfield (PPR Leagues)
  • Averaged 4.3 YPC last year for a Jax team. Not to shabby on a bad team.
  • Yeldon is a rookie (possible pass protection and/or fumbling issues) that has been dinged up already.

Everybody is losing their minds over C.Michael and Matt Jones and all these other back-ups but Denard should be in the same conversation and seems to be left out. Not to mention:

ESPN Jaguars reporter Mike DiRocco said RB Denard Robinson has a chance to open the season as the starter.

Just sayin'.....

What am I missing?

Dennard was a stop gap. They want TJ to be the man just is he ready?

Same goes with Gorden. Is he ready

I though D Rob stepped up and over delivered under the circumstances. Hard to see him not being in the mix.

if I needed a spot starter early in the season, you could do a lot worse. he's still on my waiver wire but I don't have anyone I am willing to drop for him.

When Denard Robinson was healthy and played he was productive.

Exactly how has he become irrelevant? Me thinks he is under valued.

Yeldon is a rookie and slightly banged up already.

What am I missing?

I need to drop Gray and have not picked up Dion Lewis yet because I keep waiting to read what exactly is going on with the Jags RB situation. I have yet to hear that Yeldon is definitely going to start this week.

(clears throat).....Truthfully, Gerhart has looked excellent this preseason. Camp reports are positive.

I said it this past summer I see Gerhart being the goal line guy .

Yeldon named the starter.

But he's a Jaguar so he's worthless for the purpose of fantasy football.

Any new thoughts on this kid? Haven't had a chance to see him play yet. I see Robinson is in a walking boot so he should have a full load. Yards per carry at 3.3 isn't great but volume is all we can ever ask for, right? Deciding between him, matt jones and David Johnson this week. Might go with Jones to make watching tonight's game more interesting.

Any new thoughts on this kid? Haven't had a chance to see him play yet. I see Robinson is in a walking boot so he should have a full load. Yards per carry at 3.3 isn't great but volume is all we can ever ask for, right? Deciding between him, matt jones and David Johnson this week. Might go with Jones to make watching tonight's game more interesting.

Id go Yeldon for the volume play.

David Johnson .

if you are confident in his ability to catch passes he could do well...otherwise the gamescript is likely to get away from him in the running game.

I'm a Jaguars 10 year season ticket holder and I'd play David Johnson. Our best lineman and LT are 50/50 for the game.

wow for sticking with them the last 10 years they should give you a free upgrade to the pool seats