Sign in to follow this  
hotgumbo1

Why FFTODAY, Why Did I Do It?

I had my draft plan all set targetting ODell and Dez with my first two picks (11th of 12 man snake, 1PT PPR). Who to target, who not to draft! I was all set. And then last night's money draft went sideways very quickly. Beastmode was still available at 11. Odell and Dez taken right before me. Oh terd! Then it happened. Peyton (#1 on my don't draft list) slipped to me at the beginning of the 4th round. So like a true beleiver in the FFToday Draft Buddy, I chose #18 and then vommitted into a trash can. Why? Why? Why? Someone please wipe the dribble off my chin and tell me it's alright. :shocking: :shocking: :shocking: :dunno: :dunno:

1st Marshawn Lynch 2nd Demaryius Thomas 3rd Latavius Murray 4th Peyton Manning 5th Davante Adams 6th C.J. Spiller 7th LeGarrette Blount 8th Charles Johnson 9th Philip Rivers 10th Alfred Blue 11th Markus Wheaton 12th Roy Helu 13th Coby Fleener 14th Carolina Panthers 15th Dan Carpenter 16th Knile Davis

Iv done that before, get guys I said I wouldnt. This year I was talking trash about Kelce all over reddit. Then I took him in rnd 6 over a guy I supposedly rated higher in Bennett. Just didnt want chicago and bought into my own anti-hate hype and went with Kelce at what looked like a great value. Last year I went on a crusade to prove Brees was fools gold cuz he played bad on the road. I then Drafted him in the 2nd round and he was still good for me.

It happens all the time , it's the way the draft comes to you and many times I will change on my pick because it looks better and sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't .

Happens all the time. People here talk how they love somebody and like a guys adp value. Then get to the draft and find out he goes 2 rounds earlier. After that you feel your 1 pick away the whole draft from your players. This years crop that will throw people off in my opinion will be Eli Manning, Sam Bradford, Latavius Murray, Joseph Randle, Ameer Abdullah. You think you will get them at the right price but just wont happen unless your in a mickey mouse league.

• Like 1

I came into my main draft determined to go QB/WR in the first and second (11 & 18 in my 14 teamer). Then Luck / Rodgers and my top 2 WRs got drafted in the Top 10 so I agonized over CJ Anderson vs Jeremy Hill.

I went CJ and decided to take the best wideout at 18. Then Jeremy Hill fell to my pick and I said "Guess it's stud RB theory again." :dunno:

You've just got to roll with it.

Nothing wrong with Peyton in the 4th round. Guy is essentially the #3 qb right now. Might even be #2 with all the injuries GB has had. He will throw a good amount of TDs and loves to do so in the red zone

Here is what I would say (although keep in mind this is someone who uses a "tier/list" drafting system)

If someone is on your do not draft list, don't draft them. their current value is based on other peoples opinions of them, namely "FF Experts and random people doing mock drafts". So I don't like the Peyton pick for you. Presumably, you are not high on him this season and probably realize QB is pretty deep. You could have gone in another direction and been just fine waiting on QB. To make matters slightly worse, you then burned a 9th on your backup, effectively negating some of the "value" you may have gotten with Peyton in the 4th.

Lynch is understandable. You planned to go WR/WR but your targets were taken and Lynch was BPA. nothing wrong with that if he was not on your do not draft list. You adjust and you keep going doing a good job of grabbing a top flight WR on the come back... and low and behold, Adams in the 5th probably makes up a little for the WR/WR start you were anticipating. Now you have Lynch, Thomas, Adams instead of lets say Dez, Thomas, and a 5th round RB...

Here is what I would say (although keep in mind this is someone who uses a "tier/list" drafting system)

If someone is on your do not draft list, don't draft them. their current value is based on other peoples opinions of them, namely "FF Experts and random people doing mock drafts". So I don't like the Peyton pick for you. Presumably, you are not high on him this season and probably realize QB is pretty deep. You could have gone in another direction and been just fine waiting on QB. To make matters slightly worse, you then burned a 9th on your backup, effectively negating some of the "value" you may have gotten with Peyton in the 4th.

Lynch is understandable. You planned to go WR/WR but your targets were taken and Lynch was BPA. nothing wrong with that if he was not on your do not draft list. You adjust and you keep going doing a good job of grabbing a top flight WR on the come back... and low and behold, Adams in the 5th probably makes up a little for the WR/WR start you were anticipating. Now you have Lynch, Thomas, Adams instead of lets say Dez, Thomas, and a 5th round RB...

Agreed.

I don't have a "Do not draft" list per se, I have a "Do not draft at their current value" list. I think Peyton is too risky this year. But, if he were to fall to the mid sixth and I didn't have a QB, I'd seriously consider him.

Deep breaths and DON'T do anything drastic to try and "fix" this until you see how things are going. R-E-L-A-X

Agreed.

I don't have a "Do not draft" list per se, I have a "Do not draft at their current value" list. I think Peyton is too risky this year. But, if he were to fall to the mid sixth and I didn't have a QB, I'd seriously consider him.

Same here. I'll draft anyone at the right price. I'm not high on all the rookie RBs (Gordon, Abdullah, Gurley) and some people are drafting them as their RB1. Now if they were around in the later rounds after I have backups then yea I would draft them

I do not feel QB is deep this year, I think it's just that they are all the same after the top two. Call me crazy, but I think Luck and Rodgers are a big advantage this year.

every mock and every draft i find myself staring at players I don't want...i've convinced myself I'm sick of old players and am staying away from Peyton, Roddy White, Larry Fitzgerald, Steve Smith, Anquan Bolden, etc...and every draft there the are at some point where their value is actually pretty good. anybody who goes in with a "plan" is already set up for disappointment.

Deep breaths and DON'T do anything drastic to try and "fix" this until you see how things are going. R-E-L-A-X

Relax in FF? Come on man! :doh:

Keep Calm, and as the season Carries On you may find that whoever sniped Beckham Jr in front of you was doing you a favor.

And I think Peyton will be fine.

I had my draft plan all set targetting ODell and Dez with my first two picks (11th of 12 man snake, 1PT PPR). Who to target, who not to draft! I was all set. And then last night's money draft went sideways very quickly. Beastmode was still available at 11. Odell and Dez taken right before me. Oh terd! Then it happened. Peyton (#1 on my don't draft list) slipped to me at the beginning of the 4th round. So like a true beleiver in the FFToday Draft Buddy, I chose #18 and then vommitted into a trash can. Why? Why? Why? Someone please wipe the dribble off my chin and tell me it's alright. :shocking: :shocking: :shocking: :dunno: :dunno:

1st Marshawn Lynch 2nd Demaryius Thomas 3rd Latavius Murray 4th Peyton Manning 5th Davante Adams 6th C.J. Spiller 7th LeGarrette Blount 8th Charles Johnson 9th Philip Rivers 10th Alfred Blue 11th Markus Wheaton 12th Roy Helu 13th Coby Fleener 14th Carolina Panthers 15th Dan Carpenter 16th Knile Davis

Looks like a good team to me.

you gotta adjust based on what the draft gives you.

You let the draft come to you. You didnt chase it down. That's how you are supposed to do it.

get value where value is available.

If you dont like Peyton I suspect there will be lots of buyers after his first 300 Yard passing game. At that point you can trade him for almost anyone you want other than Luck and Rodgers. That being said... I like your team. You could use some depth at WR, but if your young guys dont pan out, your depth at RB is good enough that you can trade a RB to upgrade WR if you need it.

Looks like a good team to me.

you gotta adjust based on what the draft gives you.

You let the draft come to you. You didnt chase it down. That's how you are supposed to do it.

get value where value is available.

If you dont like Peyton I suspect there will be lots of buyers after his first 300 Yard passing game. At that point you can trade him for almost anyone you want other than Luck and Rodgers. That being said... I like your team. You could use some depth at WR, but if your young guys dont pan out, your depth at RB is good enough that you can trade a RB to upgrade WR if you need it.

Shhhh but John Brown is still on our waiver wire. :shocking: :shocking: :shocking: