Sign in to follow this  
mbfsu7

Matt Jones vs C. Michael

I like Jones. I actually traded Michael and Jones WR for Matt Jones. I like that he's already up to speed and was an early round pick. I think they will involve him more and give him work out of the gate.

I currently have both, but will need to drop one for a kicker before the games on Sunday. Was leaning towards dropping Michael.

I held onto Helu forever waiting for his opportunity. It never came. He is a solod runner who gave whole extra dimension with his excellent pass catching ability, yet they used Morris on the majority of 1st and 2nd down. I just dont see why that changes. I dont know that Jones is the next Lacy like people are hoping. Even then, Morris is durable as hell and is a very solid runner. Great vision.

Isn't Alf up for a contract? Seems like giving the 3rd rounder a good look would be favorable at some point this year if they are going to decide what to pay Alf.

That's a main reason that I wanted to try to get Jones. It's gamble but I think he's got a chance.

Matt Jones is the pick .

Matt Jones and David Johnson will be the top 2 running backs from this draft class

I currently have both, but will need to drop one for a kicker before the games on Sunday. Was leaning towards dropping Michael.

Yeah, I have to drop either Jones or Lockett or McFadden in order to pick up a kicker. Still not sure although I doubt it's McFadden.

Isn't Alf up for a contract? Seems like giving the 3rd rounder a good look would be favorable at some point this year if they are going to decide what to pay Alf.

That's a main reason that I wanted to try to get Jones. It's gamble but I think he's got a chance.

I'm thinking it will be a RBBC?

I'm thinking it will be a RBBC?

I think so as well but if he can be a bye week filler this season and pull his weight...well he shouldn't be terribly difficult to hold until next season shakes out.

Matt Jones and David Johnson will be the top 2 running backs from this draft class

Gurley, Gordon, Cobb, Abdullah, Ajayi and Karlos Williams beg to differ. But Jones and D Johnson are in there.

Gurley is clearly the most talented .

Gurley, Gordon, Cobb, Abdullah, Ajayi and Karlos Williams beg to differ. But Jones and D Johnson are in there.

I'm not all that high on gordon, cobb,ajayi and Williams. I know you didn't mention him, but yeldon is another guy out there with potential. However I think hes bigtime fools good.

Gurley does have the most potential, something just tells me he wont live up to the hype. I have nothing concrete for anyone, just a feeling I have.

Abdullah could be the 1 guy to challenge my prediction. I really didn't care for him going into the draft, but detroits running game during the preseason was very impressive. Even Zenner came out of nowhere and played great.

Jones.

He only has to pass Alf to have the gig. And he will get 3rd down work either way.

Michael needs to pass Randle and McFragile. Sorry, I'm laughing, Of course he will pass them when one or both get injured..

But there are other variables - he was let go by Seattle for a reason.

Michael might be one of those very talented guys who sits behind a stud Like Lynch and you're sure they will boom when they get a chance - but they just don't.

It depends what you are looking for. Jones will be stable because he will get some work right away. His floor is a RB4 and upside is a low end RB2. Being on the skins and Alf's involvement keeps him down.

Michael could range from never playing a snap to the starter behind the best line in football. So his floor is useless and his upside is a RB1.

Based on the rest of your team you know if you need stability or a boom/bust guy.

Alfred Morris is horrible. He will be out and Matt Jones will be in.

With a well stated position like that it is hard to argue with you. I hope you don't mind if I throw some facts into this:

3 year avg= 1320 yards/yr - ie Not Horrible

3 year ypc= 4.5 - ie Not Horrible

2014 ypc= 4.1 (13th in NFL) ie Not Horrible

2014 TDs= 8 (tied for 8th in NFL) ie Not Horrible

I do believe Matt Jones is the better back. I am not disillusion enough to believe that Morris is going to just disappear.

• Like 1

With a well stated position like that it is hard to argue with you. I hope you don't mind if I throw some facts into this:

3 year avg= 1320 yards/yr - ie Not Horrible

3 year ypc= 4.5 - ie Not Horrible

2014 ypc= 4.1 (13th in NFL) ie Not Horrible

2014 TDs= 8 (tied for 8th in NFL) ie Not Horrible

I do believe Matt Jones is the better back. I am not disillusion enough to believe that Morris is going to just disappear.

Very nice rebuttal. I too was astonished at that posters attack on Alf wondering on what basis he could make such an outlandish stTement.

Matt Jones and it's not even close

If this is true, then why would Skins coach start Alf if everyone knows Jones is much better? Do you think coaches want to lose their jobs? It happens when you start inferior people you know.

Matt Jones for dynasty and that's not close in my mind.

Michael for redraft if you want to swing for the fences. Jones if you need a guy to be a solid weekly contributor.

I'd go with Jones because there is a reason Seattle let a young, highly-drafted RB on a rookie contract go for basically nothing.

And Seattle is pretty good so it's unlikely they just screwed the pooch in evaluating Michael or made their decision based on frivolous criteria

I like Jones.

I don't believe Morris is horrible.

But seems average.

Dallas seems a mess trying to figure out McFadden vs. Randle...and i have not seen anything about of Michael that lets me think he will be consistently good.

Alfred Morris is horrible.

Fantasy stud? Perhaps not.

Horrible? Far from it.