Sign in to follow this  
Showboat

Martavis Bryant off suspension

Anyone running him out with the starters right away? Who's going to the bench?

While Vick doesn't inspire a ton of confidence, isn't the San Diego secondary a bit banged up? I think I'm starting him in a flex spot over John Brown, Stevie and Abdullah.

I wouldn't. You don't even know how many snaps they will give him. You are praying for a home run strike. Vick threw 26 passes or some low total . Bell and Brown had 16 of those targets. DHB had 5 so I would think the most you could expect is 5. I hear they like DHB's work ethic too. I would wait a week atleast.

Praying for him he is having a lot of troubles from what coach Tomlin said about a month ago . Until Ben gets back I don't see any value look at what happen to Brown last week .

I wouldn't. You don't even know how many snaps they will give him. You are praying for a home run strike. Vick threw 26 passes or some low total . Bell and Brown had 16 of those targets. DHB had 5 so I would think the most you could expect is 5. I hear they like DHB's work ethic too. I would wait a week atleast.

The work ethic thing is the only reason I'd question the targets. Bryant is a much better receiver than DHB has ever been--if the coaches believe that as well, he'll see more targets than DHB. If they decide to award effort rather than production, then they might not.

Praying for him he is having a lot of troubles from what coach Tomlin said about a month ago . Until Ben gets back I don't see any value look at what happen to Brown last week .

I suspect they'll let Vick do a little more this week. They can't afford another loss and another Sad Ben on the sidelines.

I suspect they'll let Vick do a little more this week. They can't afford another loss and another Sad Ben on the sidelines.

No it's more like they would like to see Vick do more , he his playing a good defense I don't see him getting the job done .

Don't expect much until Ben gets back, I expect a lot of 3/27/0(maybe 1) until then, but if your bench isn't that good add him and ride him into the playoffs.

Definitely starting Martavis as my WR4 (Dez hurt and Rishard Matthews on bye, Stevie Johnson injured, and Percy Harvin inaffective)., and Vick, I just benched Stafforord. Monday night!

He had a nice preseason with Vick. He had reportedly looked phenomenal in practice

Why is anyone worried about how much he will play?

FYI almost uncover able in the preseason

Vick at qb means there is not enough work for everyone . Bell is going to get a lot of work than I would think Brown and Vick is not a good qb no matter how much you try to talk yourself into the fact he is .

Vick threw all short passes his first week. Not a good sign for a deep threat.

Vick threw all short passes his first week. Not a good sign for a deep threat.

Vicks first start ...short week....kept it relatively simple ....if vick has anything he still has an arm capable of letting it fly

They hooked up for a 63 yarder against buffalo's 1st team d in preseason and bryant drew a couple of pi flags.....don't think the steelers can afford to be as conservative again this week

Vicks first start ...short week....kept it relatively simple ....if vick has anything he still has an arm capable of letting it fly

They hooked up for a 63 yarder against buffalo's 1st team d in preseason and bryant drew a couple of pi flags.....don't think the steelers can afford to be as conservative again this week

Very interesting. I may start him over cooks and hilton. The one thing i dont like is that SD does have a very solid pass D.

Very interesting. I may start him over cooks and hilton. The one thing i dont like is that SD does have a very solid pass D.

I think I read bryant didn't practice today...not sure why...

Also think I heard/read that flowers and verrett are banged up for sd

Bryant is an animal and might be better than we think ...this whole setback obviously wasn't great for his development .....obviously I'd prob wait and see on him if u have a safer or better option..but that might not be your style

If there is one thing I would trust with Vick it would be his ability to still throw it a long way.

either way, i would still like to see a game first. i definitely wouldn't start him over Hilton.

Fri, Oct 9 at 5:26pm

Per the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Bryant's Week 5 status "remains murky."

Analysis: Bryant returned to the Steelers last Friday after serving a four-game suspension, but the Post-Gazette relays that the wideout indicated Wednesday that he missed practice because of "soreness." The report adds that the Steelers don't have to put Bryant's name on their official injury report until he is added to the team's 53-man roster. We'll continue to monitor this situation, but unless Bryant's Week 5 status is further clarified before Sunday's first wave of NFL kickoffs, there will be risk in rolling with him this week, given that the Steelers play Monday night against the Chargers.

According to Dale Lolley of the Pennsylvania Observer-Reporter, it's looking "more and more" like Martavis Bryant will remain on the Steelers' reserve/suspended list into Week 6.

The Steelers have a one-week exemption to keep Bryant on the suspended list, and appear poised to use it after Bryant "practiced sparingly" this week. They would have had to cut a player to activate Bryant. Steelers beat writers seem to have very few details regarding Bryant's absence from team activities. Bryant should be removed from all fantasy lineups entering Week 5.

This is very upsetting news. It's bad enough I stashed him for 4 weeks. Now I'm being told to be patient for two more. Sigh

This is very upsetting news. It's bad enough I stashed him for 4 weeks. Now I'm being told to be patient for two more. Sigh

Sounds like 1 more. When they say into week 6, I think they just mean he will be out week 5. The exception is just 1 week

Sounds like 1 more. When they say into week 6, I think they just mean he will be out week 5. The exception is just 1 week

yes, this. wondering how out of shape he is. he was able to work out at the team facilities during the suspension, but from what I understand spent time in houston with John Lucas. not sure what this means, other than i wasted a draft pick :dunno:

At least this gives A. Brown owners a little extra confidence for a TD on Monday night.

I think this guy has lots of of field Problems .

If he comes in out of shape then anyone with a share in dynasty should deal him immediately. Any player that isnt willing to do everything necessary to make up for letting the team down is not a serious NFL player. Also, why would he have any option not to work out at the Steelers facility? Shouldnt it be 'you better work out here if you want a job'?

He's supposed to have added muscle

We will see

He did bulk up. He was uncover able in preseason. Can't wait for Ben