Sign in to follow this  
Viking14

Cooks

Watched a little of the game last night and even if Cooks was the receiver for NO that was in for the most snaps my conclusion of what I saw of him was he is short, not fast, not quick and very timid. These are all commodities that I do not like in a receiver. NO guys tell me I am wrong!! Please!

Hes fast, quick and aggressive. Just not the offense that feeds the ball to a guy like Brady does to Edelman. Brees is the best short range passer in history, he can get it to anyone he wants.

He sure knows how to not show those qualities you mention about him. He does seem to run really short routes and gets a couple steps after the catch... Nothing better to pick up in my league, but I do think Hurns moves way in front of him for next week, if he is healthy...

Sucks, he was my WR2 when drafted, behind Cobb,

Now he's WR4, behind Cobb, Fitz, Maclin......will have to use him during bye weeks.

He's this year's Keenan Allen. Flashed a lot of talent rookie season. Put into a situation with a lot of opportunities to shine, and then puts down mediocre numbers. I think next season will be more telling of the type of career he will have. I'm done drafting second year receivers. Season 3 is where it's at, ie Deandre Hopkins.

He's this year's Keenan Allen. Flashed a lot of talent rookie season. Put into a situation with a lot of opportunities to shine, and then puts down mediocre numbers. I think next season will be more telling of the type of career he will have. I'm done drafting second year receivers. Season 3 is where it's at, ie Deandre Hopkins.

Heh. I was going into the draft for my keeper league targeting a first round WR. Figured there'd be one of three guys left for my pick: Cooks, Evans, and Hopkins. Told myself I'd take whichever of the three fell to me.

Only Hopkins was left.

Man...did you feel the tension there? What a story.

I am thinking that TODAY has rankings correct. COOKS is COOKED and he is Brees 10th choice. I really made a mistake thinking he was the break out guy for NO this year!!! If he does have speed, quickness and good hands he has hidden those qualities so well his own teammates do not even see them. Double Darn!!!

Sign me up , I thought he would have a better season than what we have seen so far , don't see the wr number one talent that I thought he had .

I am thinking that TODAY has rankings correct. COOKS is COOKED and he is Brees 10th choice. I really made a mistake thinking he was the break out guy for NO this year!!! If he does have speed, quickness and good hands he has hidden those qualities so well his own teammates do not even see them. Double Darn!!!

Dumb post. Just because he isnt being targeted it doesnt mean he isnt showing quickness or speed. I am burned just as much, and it really sucks, but overrated Sean Peyton is to blame here. He is pushing mediocre Mark Ingram as a feature back and Willie Snead as the option Brees throws to the most.

Gotta love a coach who says 'we have to figure out how to get x player the ball more'. How about you try this, get him the ball more. Good teams find ways to get their talented players involved. Bad coaches talk about how they cant get their best players involved.

The Saints should be abusing Spiller until he cant play. Their season is going down the tubes. How has feature back Ingram been? Oh thats right the team is 2-4 with Peytons genius and looking at another year of disappointment. A good strategy on draft day is to avoid coaches who use their most talented players as decoys.

He was sooooooooooooooooooooooo overrated

So bad. Dont know whats a better comparison, calling him a titanic sized bust or calling him the iceberg that sunk it.

I'm waiting for an undisclosed injury to be announced, hammy, groin, that would explain his average WR performance.

With Cobb on a By, I need to decide on 2 WRs between Maclin (home Pittsburg), Cooks (Indy dome) and Boldin (home Seattle tonight)

Thoughts?

I think Cooks is not getting the targets because he is not getting open to receive the targets , amd I think the reason that Spiller is not getting more work is he is not All the way back from his injury guy does have a history of getting injured . Also I had a feeling this past summer that Brees would not be a top five fantasy qb this season and this mess is the reason why .

Dumb post. Just because he isnt being targeted it doesnt mean he isnt showing quickness or speed. I am burned just as much, and it really sucks, but overrated Sean Peyton is to blame here. He is pushing mediocre Mark Ingram as a feature back and Willie Snead as the option Brees throws to the most.

Gotta love a coach who says 'we have to figure out how to get x player the ball more'. How about you try this, get him the ball more. Good teams find ways to get their talented players involved. Bad coaches talk about how they cant get their best players involved.

The Saints should be abusing Spiller until he cant play. Their season is going down the tubes. How has feature back Ingram been? Oh thats right the team is 2-4 with Peytons genius and looking at another year of disappointment. A good strategy on draft day is to avoid coaches who use their most talented players as decoys.

I'm a saints homer and its this. I never thought Sean Payton could not figure out how to use his offensive weapons. Put Ingram Spiller and Cooks on the field at same time. Let cooks and spiller just feast in the flats and run Ingram up the middle. Ingram run, spiller screen, Cooks slant etc etc

I'm a saints homer and its this. I never thought Sean Payton could not figure out how to use his offensive weapons. Put Ingram Spiller and Cooks on the field at same time. Let cooks and spiller just feast in the flats and run Ingram up the middle. Ingram run, spiller screen, Cooks slant etc etc

OK Homer.

Would you play Cooks at Indy, or Boldin tonight at home, Seattle ?

I'm waiting for an undisclosed injury to be announced, hammy, groin, that would explain his average WR performance.

With Cobb on a By, I need to decide on 2 WRs between Maclin (home Pittsburg), Cooks (Indy dome) and Boldin (home Seattle tonight)

Thoughts?

Seeing how Maclin is/was concussed, in fact he apparently lost consciousness, this seems like an easier decision than you thought...

OK Homer.

Would you play Cooks at Indy, or Boldin tonight at home, Seattle ?

Boldin may not even play

Boldin may not even play

Christ

Then it's Kendall wright

Sorry to hijack the thread but I'm starring Cooks

It does look like a nice play this week

Christ

Then it's Kendall wright

I would definitely start cooks over Wright. Whisenhunt is the worst

Christ

Then it's Kendall wright

Any chance he is covered by vontea davis all game? What looked like an easy sched for cooks has him playing against a lot of individual very good corners.

Does Cooks play outside or in the slot? He appears to possibly be a good slot player. Does he get moved around? Atlanta does this with Julio all the time. If they truly want to get him the ball more, there are strategic ways to do it.

Does Cooks play outside or in the slot? He appears to possibly be a good slot player. Does he get moved around? Atlanta does this with Julio all the time. If they truly want to get him the ball more, there are strategic ways to do it.

He plays on the outside. I have been saying they should move him around in formations all year. Sean Payton is just retarded with his use of Cooks and Spiller. It's mind boggling

Brees is one of the best short passers in history. He should be using Cooks as a Black Edelman, targeting him relentlessly on cross patterns like Brady. Can't defend crossing patterns if you have time to throw, they are just hard throws to make.

Brees is one of the best short passers in history. He should be using Cooks as a Black Edelman, targeting him relentlessly on cross patterns like Brady. Can't defend crossing patterns if you have time to throw, they are just hard throws to make.

This x 1000

Fantasy breakout player of the year: Brandin Cooks

Source: Everyone on the planet from the months of Feb-Aug