Sign in to follow this  
R8RMick

Roto-would like the mainstream media...

Have often thought Roto analysis to be littered with the personal editorialized snippets of whatever hack was writing that particular piece. Took this from today's daily dose-

With Jamaal Charles sadly lost for the season, Charcandrick West and Knile Davis split the work in Kansas City’s backfield. West turned nine carries into 33 yards while Davis ran for 13 yards on five attempts. Both backs were lightly used in the passing game and it appears that West is still the preferred option in this backfield, although the Chiefs offense looked awful on Sunday. …

Of course nothing about the hugely careless fumble-rooski West coughed up in the last minutes while KC was trying to win the game. Nor the fact that KC was largely ineffective trying to force its Jamaal Charles offense through West.

Ummmmkay.

You cant not take the rotoworld hacks seriously. The contradict themselves so often its absurd. Last week they literally had a glowing review of a player in the top section while in the bottom section they trashed the same player. Article written by the same guy. The only thing they are good for is injury update. Oh and if they tell you that some guy is only going to be mixed in.......run to the waivers and add him as that person will be a star.

You cant not take the rotoworld hacks seriously. The contradict themselves so often its absurd. Last week they literally had a glowing review of a player in the top section while in the bottom section they trashed the same player. Article written by the same guy. The only thing they are good for is injury update. Oh and if they tell you that some guy is only going to be mixed in.......run to the waivers and add him as that person will be a star.

Pretty much go there for injury info first.

They said Buck Allen had been underwhelming. Uh, he hasn't played very much. Like, hardly at all. How can he underwhelm?

Have often thought Roto analysis to be littered with the personal editorialized snippets of whatever hack was writing that particular piece. Took this from today's daily dose-

With Jamaal Charles sadly lost for the season, Charcandrick West and Knile Davis split the work in Kansas City’s backfield. West turned nine carries into 33 yards while Davis ran for 13 yards on five attempts. Both backs were lightly used in the passing game and it appears that West is still the preferred option in this backfield, although the Chiefs offense looked awful on Sunday. …

Of course nothing about the hugely careless fumble-rooski West coughed up in the last minutes while KC was trying to win the game. Nor the fact that KC was largely ineffective trying to force its Jamaal Charles offense through West.

Ummmmkay.

Ah, you're a Davis owner

Ah, you're a Davis owner

No need for snarkasm dude, I've made no secret about it. My take is the team can't expect an undrafted 24 year old plumber from Abilene Christian to step into the role of Jamaal Charles. They need to change the offense, like they have successfully in years past with Davis when Charles has gone down.

Ah, you're opinion is different.

So sayeth the Davis owner ... Lol

Cmon you may be right but he called it and he was right

With Jamaal Charles sadly lost for the season, Charcandrick West and Knile Davis split the work in Kansas Citys backfield. West turned nine carries into 33 yards while Davis ran for 13 yards on five attempts. Both backs were lightly used in the passing game and it appears that West is still the preferred option in this backfield, although the Chiefs offense looked awful on Sunday.

Ummmmkay.

Well...it was sad, from a football fan perspective, for Charles to go down. The sport and league is worse off. I'm not a KC homer, but I'm sad Charles is out.

And their offense did in fact look awful, so that's not wrong. Both were used, underused, in the passing game, and there is no indication yet that they've changed their minds on who is starting.

Aside from not talking about a fumble, I don't actually see anything inaccurate or terribly biased. :/

I agree wholeheartedly with the assertion that ANY of the gurus are full of sh!t. The great ones hit on about 62% of their picks.

One of the articles on Rotoworld is pimping Mariota this week at Atlanta because he'll have to throw a lot. That Mariota will be inactive during that game shows how well that writer pays attention to detail.

With the popularity of DFS these days, I sometimes wonder if they're deliberately downplaying some of the players to keep their usage in DFS down. Some of these guys aren't talked about at all yet are in all the pros lineups when you go back and look at the winning lineups in DFS.

No need for snarkasm dude, I've made no secret about it. My take is the team can't expect an undrafted 24 year old plumber from Abilene Christian to step into the role of Jamaal Charles. They need to change the offense, like they have successfully in years past with Davis when Charles has gone down.

Ah, you're opinion is different.

This thread is basically stating water is wet. Everyone knows Roto is awful, and they stated pretty much what was relevant. That playcalling looked nothing like the Jamaal Charles offense they have been running since week 1.

Roto just compiles twitter updates, its fantastic. Their personal takes are perfectly reasonable compared to anyone else in the business. If you dont think so, you dont have to care. They relay info from other sources, and they do it fast. Theres no better resource out there. Roto is life.

I agree wholeheartedly with the assertion that ANY of the gurus are full of sh!t. The great ones hit on about 62% of their picks.

One of the articles on Rotoworld is pimping Mariota this week at Atlanta because he'll have to throw a lot. That Mariota will be inactive during that game shows how well that writer pays attention to detail.

With the popularity of DFS these days, I sometimes wonder if they're deliberately downplaying some of the players to keep their usage in DFS down. Some of these guys aren't talked about at all yet are in all the pros lineups when you go back and look at the winning lineups in DFS.

Interesting take, and one I hadn't thought of. Rotowerld is an NBC affiliate, and NBC apparently has a heavy stake in either Draftkings or Fanduel (I forget which). But it would definitely be a way to pump up usage on some players and steering it away from others.

• Like 1

Interesting take, and one I hadn't thought of. Rotowerld is an NBC affiliate, and NBC apparently has a heavy stake in either Draftkings or Fanduel (I forget which). But it would definitely be a way to pump up usage on some players and steering it away from others.

I know the Pros submit a lot of lineups (volume) to overcome variance (landmines) but more often than not, they're hitting the sleepers or the dart throws that most of us schleps miss out on.

Eddie Lacy was pimped HARD at every site this past week despite being a steaming pile the last several weeks. I didn't see him on any winning rosters (Captain Obvious) but several Pros rolled with Starks.

J. Stewart was invisible to everyone in what should have been a bad matchup @ Seattle and he's sucked all year. Dude goes 70+ yards and 2 TDs and big surprise, was on the Pros' rosters.

Saw a bunch of Amendola dart throws too.

Dion Lewis and Leveon Bell (both expensive and both torpedoed a bunch of teams). The Pros rolled with Blount though but I didn't recall seeing anyone pimping him (although some pointed after the fact that Blount ALWAYS owns the Colts).

SMH........

The Pros rolled with Blount though but I didn't recall seeing anyone pimping him

SMH........

Ooh ooh, I did!

That pulls me up to 46:893 on start/bench decisions this season :P

• Like 1

I don't have an issue with their editorials. I read it has it should be read: the first part (Black) is fact and the second part (Blue) is someone's take on that fact. I appreciate their view, but I can dismiss it if I want.

But, as Kilroy said, several sites contradict themselves. I don't think I've seen it so much with RW, but others will have glowing comments in their weekly projections under pedestrian stats or vice versa. That's annoying. Much like fantasy shows on tv or the radio where one "expert" says one thing and then the other says the opposite. That way, the show can come back and at least someone was right. if the show includes Kay Adams, I don't mind so much though.

I know the Pros submit a lot of lineups (volume) to overcome variance (landmines) but more often than not, they're hitting the sleepers or the dart throws that most of us schleps miss out on.

Eddie Lacy was pimped HARD at every site this past week despite being a steaming pile the last several weeks. I didn't see him on any winning rosters (Captain Obvious) but several Pros rolled with Starks.

J. Stewart was invisible to everyone in what should have been a bad matchup @ Seattle and he's sucked all year. Dude goes 70+ yards and 2 TDs and big surprise, was on the Pros' rosters.

Saw a bunch of Amendola dart throws too.

Dion Lewis and Leveon Bell (both expensive and both torpedoed a bunch of teams). The Pros rolled with Blount though but I didn't recall seeing anyone pimping him (although some pointed after the fact that Blount ALWAYS owns the Colts).

SMH........

Don't forget about Maximus Prime or whatever he calls himself starting Stafford and Megatron in 400 out of 500 lineups even though they hadn't done jack squat all year. This is why I feel closed lineups are BS! Lock the games 1 hour prior to Thursday kickoff for weekly games and then release all lineups for all to see. Transparency! Let me see that! Then, I'll believe it isn't rigged. Otherwise, it's a big ring of corrupt bung holes!

• Like 1

Don't forget about Maximus Prime or whatever he calls himself starting Stafford and Megatron in 400 out of 500 lineups even though they hadn't done jack squat all year. This is why I feel closed lineups are BS! Lock the games 1 hour prior to Thursday kickoff for weekly games and then release all lineups for all to see. Transparency! Let me see that! Then, I'll believe it isn't rigged. Otherwise, it's a big ring of corrupt bung holes!

Dude, try out Yahoo DFS until the dust settles on FD/DK. There aren't quite as many contests but the winning totals are definitely lower.

Of note about Fanduel this past week. I looked at the Sunday Million winning lineup and was surprised to see the total was 205.8 points when I thought it was usually about 230 points. Is it because the employees aren't allowed to play anymore? Is it because a couple states are not allowed to play? Time will tell I guess.

Dude, try out Yahoo DFS until the dust settles on FD/DK. There aren't quite as many contests but the winning totals are definitely lower.

Of note about Fanduel this past week. I looked at the Sunday Million winning lineup and was surprised to see the total was 205.8 points when I thought it was usually about 230 points. Is it because the employees aren't allowed to play anymore? Is it because a couple states are not allowed to play? Time will tell I guess.

I am on Yahoo now. I got my first win this past weekend. I can't recall my entire lineup as I played 7 in one GPP game. 1 lineup hit for $2. Woohoo! lol

I know it had Bortles, Freeman, Ivory, Snead, Gates, Charcandrick (flex), Vikings defense. I think my pt total was approx 135.8 or so.

I had 1 lineup with Freeman and Watson in it. So, I kept making changes to it leading up to Sunday kickoff. I think it totaled 126 and missed the money. Stupid Eli Manning! lol

It's the same concept as the Texas Hold'em table. If you're sitting at the table with $500 and everybody else there starts with $10,000, you have a really, really hard time winning because their ability to handle risk is so much greater. Now imagine if those other players with $10,000 could change their cards at the LAST moment before the dealer flips the common cards because they know which cards are more likely to be the ones flipped. It's not even fair, the odds are stacked against you because they have more money AND knowledge of the best/least used combinations.

• Like 2

I don't have an issue with their editorials. I read it has it should be read: the first part (Black) is fact and the second part (Blue) is someone's take on that fact. I appreciate their view, but I can dismiss it if I want.

But, as Kilroy said, several sites contradict themselves. I don't think I've seen it so much with RW, but others will have glowing comments in their weekly projections under pedestrian stats or vice versa. That's annoying. Much like fantasy shows on tv or the radio where one "expert" says one thing and then the other says the opposite. That way, the show can come back and at least someone was right. if the show includes Kay Adams, I don't mind so much though.

I read their writeup about Knile just a little while ago, and almost spit up my drink. Something like "Davis played well behind West this weekend, as expected." Played WELL!?

But then I realized the sentence should be read as "Davis played 'well behind' West...". They went on to talk about touches and snap count and how few Davis had. For a second there I was thinking they really were nuts :)

There are weeks that it's over 300, and weeks it's closer to 200. Don't think that has anything to do with the average high scoring.

It's the same concept as the Texas Hold'em table. If you're sitting at the table with $500 and everybody else there starts with $10,000, you have a really, really hard time winning because their ability to handle risk is so much greater. Now imagine if those other players with $10,000 could change their cards at the LAST moment before the dealer flips the common cards because they know which cards are more likely to be the ones flipped. It's not even fair, the odds are stacked against you because they have more money AND knowledge of the best/least used combinations.

That's a fantastic analogy!

That's a fantastic analogy!

:cheers:

Fantasy football is really the only thing close to "gambling" that I do. I've given family and friends investing advice over the years which has turned out to be pretty good, but I don't have the stomach for it on my own. Plus I think I'm cursed...if I buy in it's SURE to go down, if I let somebody else in on it, they win.

:cheers: