Sign in to follow this  
ree10

CJ Anderson 2nd Half Resurgence?

Anderson has been a huge bust so far, but do any of you think he'll turn it around after the bye week? A few articles today note that he's been playing banged up, which could be the reason why he's sucked so far.

I traded Tavon and Ellington for this cat believing he can turn things around after losing Foster as my RB2 for the year. Thoughts?

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2015/10/28/c-j-anderson-was-more-banged-up-than-originally-thought-earlier-in-season/36165/

http://milehighsports.com/despite-slow-start-c-j-anderson-is-poised-to-turn-his-season-around/

Really hard to believe that he won't do better the second half of the season , the first half he has been awful .

Really hard to believe that he won't do better the second half of the season , the first half he has been awful .

really? He has effectively lost his job to hillman and you think its going to get better? There has not been a single time this year including practices, preseason and gameday that he has looked better than hillman.

really? He has effectively lost his job to hillman and you think its going to get better? There has not been a single time this year including practices, preseason and gameday that he has looked better than hillman.

Again yeah I think he will do better the second half did the first , based on how bad he has been in the first half , do I think he will be a great player going forward no , do I think he might score one more point in the second half than he did the first half yes I do and that will be doing better .

Again yeah I think he will do better the second half did the first , based on how bad he has been in the first half , do I think he will be a great player going forward no , do I think he might score one more point in the second half than he did the first half yes I do and that will be doing better .

So you think he will do good based on his bad first half? I just don't follow. If anything he would do worse because he lost his job and will not have the chance to even suck as bad as he had been.

So you think he will do good based on his bad first half? I just don't follow. If anything he would do worse because he lost his job and will not have the chance to even suck as bad as he had been.

Point is he can't do any worst based on how bad he has been . Question was do you think he will do better I say yes he will score more fantasy points than he did in the first half , might be one more bit that's still doing better .

Point is he can't do any worst based on how bad he has been . Question was do you think he will do better I say yes he will score more fantasy points than he did in the first half , might be one more bit that's still doing better .

I understand what you are saying. However he has lost his job and will not get the chance to even suck as bad as he has. 2 of the last 3 games hillman has topped 100 yards and with them coming off a bye hillman is going to be the starting rb. If Anderson gets 5-7 touches a game he is going to be lucky. With that workload he will be worse than he was in the first half.

I understand what you are saying. However he has lost his job and will not get the chance to even suck as bad as he has. 2 of the last 3 games hillman has topped 100 yards and with them coming off a bye hillman is going to be the starting rb. If Anderson gets 5-7 touches a game he is going to be lucky. With that workload he will be worse than he was in the first half.

And you might be right , but if he scores a couple of tds if Hillman gets banged and he seems to , so either one could happen , I just think he will do better even just a little better would be better .

The problem isn't Anderson, Hillman, or even Manning. The problem is their O-Line. Unless that mess gets better, nothing changes.

He's been playing on an injured toe. It's still going to be a split. Hillman always gets hurt and they had a chance to regroup during the bye. In PPR I think he has a chance to be servicable at the least.

You can tell those that have anderson. They make excuses for his poor play and why he will turn it on in the second half.

I would gamble on cj

Hillman has never stayed healthy when asked to carry a sizable workload

I own Anderson only on one of my teams , I own Hillman on three of them , so I would like to see Hillman keep doing what he is doing , but I can see Anderson having a better second half of the season . He won't be great but I think he can have a second better have .

It's not a matter of "I own Anderson and want to make excuses for his poor play and why he will turn it on in the second half" complaining. Simply speculating on his value moving forward. Isn't that what these boards are for?

If he continues to suck, it's an easy drop. But based on last season's success, playing hurt and coming back from bye and the articles in the OP, there's a small chance he retains some of his value at the least. I mean Lacy and Lynch sucked during the 1st half last year and turned it on in the 2nd...so its possible.

It's not a matter of "I own Anderson and want to make excuses for his poor play and why he will turn it on in the second half" complaining. Simply speculating on his value moving forward. Isn't that what these boards are for?

If he continues to suck, it's an easy drop. But based on last season's success, playing hurt and coming back from bye and the articles in the OP, there's a small chance he retains some of his value at the least. I mean Lacy and Lynch sucked during the 1st half last year and turned it on in the 2nd...so its possible.

In the few games I watched including the Cleveland game, it seems CJA was hit almost immediately every time and folded like origami. He hesitated before hitting the hole, usually being tackled before he made his decision. Hillman looked like he faced similar pressure, but was more decisive and hit the hole quicker or tried very hard to juke the initial defender. It almost seemed like Hillman had better blocking on his runs, but I think the real difference was that he did not hesitate to hit a hole and had more spring in his step. Basically, he was quicker. He hit a hole, if nothing was there he would try to cut/bounce/juke the 1st guy whereas it seemed CJA would get the ball and cease up looking where to go as he got the ball then got hit immediately and went down without much of a fight. Those were my observations, maybe somebody saw something different.

I dropped him! It's hopeless for him this season!

I dropped him as well. Had 6 guys on bye and he was the worst one. God that sucks.

the cja owner in my league is 1-6 and way behind the 11th place team in points mostly because they keep starting cja every week. i suggest not doing the same. the problem is (like others have mentioned) that the offense as a whole is a disaster. its much easier to see hill or lacy getting it going because their offenses have a pulse. should be benched or cut going foward...don't cost yourself wins on misguided hopes and dreams.

the cja owner in my league is 1-6 and way behind the 11th place team in points mostly because they keep starting cja every week. i suggest not doing the same. the problem is (like others have mentioned) that the offense as a whole is a disaster. its much easier to see hill or lacy getting it going because their offenses have a pulse. should be benched or cut going foward...don't cost yourself wins on misguided hopes and dreams.

In a really bad year for RBs, hard to cut him loose in big leagues.

I had Jamaal, so I'm stuck with CJ. I think many owners are stuck with him and hoping the line play improves. Schlereth did a line breakdown of the Broncos talking about their pitiful play and showed one play where they made no adjustment to a changing LB position and just blocked air while the d gobbled up CJ. He said he expects starting oline men to be benched coming out of the bye. I hope so since it can't be worse.

I think of you own Anderson at this point of the season he is just a bench player with low value at this time , but in the one league I have him there just isn't anyone else to pick up and if if Hillman does get hurt and one never knows he might be a flex guy maybe I think . But this guy in your league that keeps starting him needs to be removed from the league next season that person doesn't care .

Hillman made it through a half and a quarter as a starter before getting dinged up.

CJ rips off a TD. It's on! The season starts now for CJ. He just needs all competition injured. He likes the pressure

Can't wait til people start him next week and he gets 4 points. Will be a thing of beauty.

You can't start him with Hillman healthy. He only activates his powers as a lone soldier.

Revisiting this thread to say I told you so.

You are the top dog .

Revisiting this thread to say I told you so.

Not yet, not til he can string a few good games together. If he puts up a dud next week what good does that do people? Cant blow your wad too early, the art of the I told you so is a tricky one to master.