Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Indianapolis at Carolina: In-Game Discussion

Inactives

Colts: WR Phillip Dorsett, S Winston Guy, RB Josh Robinson, LB Nate Irving, OL Khaled Holmes, OT Denzelle Good, NT Zach Kerr

Panthers: LB Shaq Thompson, C Ryan Kalil, DT Dwan Edwards, DE Mario Addison, WR Kevin Norwood, S Dean Marlowe, RB Brandon Wegher

Call it now, how many Int for Luck tonite?

His standard 2 (this is a baseline guarantee)

A bad 3?

A trainwreck 4?

Call it now, how many Int for Luck tonite?

His standard 2 (this is a baseline guarantee)

A bad 3?

A trainwreck 4?

As a Colts fan, going in the over/under for interceptions is was 3, and turnovers is 4. I'd pick 3.5 if I could for picks, since 3 slightly favors the over IMO.

This team will be the #4 seed in the playoffs, BTW. They'll host some wild card team.

What in the ######? This team is better off with Hasselbeck

It, shockingly, is not. It had NO BUSINESS beating Jacksonville at home. THREE MISSED field goals had to happen for them to win. Exclude QB, and it's the worst roster in the NFL as far as I can tell. As bad as Luck is, he's substantially better than Hasselbeck or the QB-like substance the Texans have.

What made Hasselbeck look good? The awful HOU defense, and the playcalling by the guy whom everyone thinks is the problem (Luck not reading coverages properly and audibling at the line are a problem).

It, shockingly, is not. It had NO BUSINESS beating Jacksonville at home. THREE MISSED field goals had to happen for them to win. Exclude QB, and it's the worst roster in the NFL as far as I can tell. As bad as Luck is, he's substantially better than Hasselbeck or the QB-like substance the Texans have.

What made Hasselbeck look good? The awful HOU defense, and the playcalling by the guy whom everyone thinks is the problem (Luck not reading coverages properly and audibling at the line are a problem).

Luck just missed Allen who was standing still by about 3 feet. Hasselbeck would have made the throw. Plus he doesnt force passes like Luck does.

• Like 1

A.Bradshaw reminds me why I like him. -a key 23 yard run.

But Luck missed an open D.Allen.

Luck is clearly hurt. It's a huge mistake to keep playing him. -stupid.

Luck just missed Allen who was standing still by about 3 feet. Hasselbeck would have made the throw. Plus he doesnt force passes like Luck does.

Agreed about Hasselbeck being decisive, but the offense, which looked much better against Houston, could still barely put up points against Houston. This was even before HOU defenders not named Watt started getting hot. I respect Hasselbeck, but he has no chance against a real defense. I can't remember off the top of my head, but didn't something fluky happen to even get them to more than a few points?

Agreed about Hasselbeck being decisive, but the offense, which looked much better against Houston, could still barely put up points against Houston. This was even before HOU defenders not named Watt started getting hot. I respect Hasselbeck, but he has no chance against a real defense. I can't remember off the top of my head, but didn't something fluky happen to even get them to more than a few points?

Its a moot point because neither qb has a chance against a real defense.

Its a moot point because neither qb has a chance against a real defense.

Right now, fair. Still waiting to see if Luck regains the great plays that had previously offset his bad ones; maybe we're stuck with these extra-long bad streaks until he gets an offseason to recuperate (#ribgate, apparently). I will not be starting him against DEN, but that's probably obvious for anyone at this point...(and the DEN game is part of why I'm not sure we'll see him get healthy this season).

Jon Gruden has gone full blown Madden-on-Favre. This week it's Can Newton.

Please shut up for like 10 seconds.

What has 2 thumbs and started Cam over Eli?

Neither of these scrub QBs can complete a pass

Man, I would have called (and still call, for now) starting Cam a lock. Your pain is shared by very many I'm sure. Cam owner traded Luck to me for Ryan/Crowell, and sat Ryan this week. Not the same, but still (and Ryan did okay - we don't penalize for turnovers).

Jon Gruden has gone full blown Madden-on-Favre. This week it's Can Newton.

Please shut up for like 10 seconds.

This is one of the benefits of just watching play-by-play and Nate Dunlevy's twitter. Probably less painful visually too.

Since I'm not watching, in case anyone cares to elaborate...is CAR trying to exploit the linebackers in coverage? Because that's a pretty good idea, even if you just run wildcat or fleaflickers all night. The Colts DC is a damned alchemist, but even he can only do so much to hide that problem.

Since I'm not watching, in case anyone cares to elaborate...is CAR trying to exploit the linebackers in coverage? Because that's a pretty good idea, even if you just run wildcat or fleaflickers all night. The Colts DC is a damned alchemist, but even he can only do so much to hide that problem.

CAR is doing nothing on offense

• Like 1

It's games like this that make me think, "Hey, we aren't nuts for giving 0.2 points per completion after all!"

I'd say this was a pathetic football game, but I don't want to insult the game of football by even labeling this mess as such.

Gonna drop some harsh truth about Luck. Luck is not hurt, his team is not bad around him. It's him...he's not as good as last year showed us. Stafford had a 41td season too and he sucks. Luck is simply not as good as he's led us to believe. His arm is great, his decisions and reads are not. He can pick apart the right defenses, he can flourish with the perfect gameplan. he isn't the guy that is leading the new crop of next gen QBs like he was anointed.

Everyone stop and think about Luck vs the Broncos next week. Just let that sink in for a min.

Bonus fact...after this loss, Colts are still in first place at 3-5. Tied for division lead with....the focking Texans.

Everyone stop and think about Luck vs the Broncos next week. Just let that sink in for a min.

Bonus fact...after this loss, Colts are still in first place at 3-5. Tied for division lead with....the focking Texans.

I just picked up Mariota and Winston. No way in hell I'm starting Luck next week. No way.

I just picked up Mariota and Winston. No way in hell I'm starting Luck next week. No way.

Yea I picked up Bortles to start on his Bye in a cake matchup. May roll him out next week even tho he plays the jets. It will be the Geno or other QBed Jets, different story.

Fock you Luck, 2 TDs on the last 7 minutes took a win from me.

Fock you Luck, 2 TDs on the last 7 minutes took a win from me.

Same here... In two leagues...

Norman's plays in this game are some of the best coverage Iv ever seen. That last Hilton deflection was a thing of beauty.

• Like 1

worst case scenario for me, over time, I can picture TY racking up the 15 he needs to tie me 16 to win in OT, say 30 yards and a punt, defense hold and a 80 yard bomb, just watch

worst case scenario for me, over time, I can picture TY racking up the 15 he needs to tie me 16 to win in OT, say 30 yards and a punt, defense hold and a 80 yard bomb, just watch

That's silly, stop.