Sign in to follow this  
brotherbock

Pierre Thomas to SF

So would a lot of rbs if they were given as many touches as Ingram.

I've watched Ingram play a lot, and he's a good downhill runner who is also a decent pass catcher out of the backfield.

Sure he's a 1 cut runner and won't break any ankles, but then so are a lot of RB.

I never understand the logic of every year FF people saying "this guy is better" than Ingram - if they were better they would win the starting job from Ingram.

I've watched Ingram play a lot, and he's a good downhill runner who is also a decent pass catcher out of the backfield.

Sure he's a 1 cut runner and won't break any ankles, but then so are a lot of RB.

I never understand the logic of every year FF people saying "this guy is better" than Ingram - if they were better they would win the starting job from Ingram.

Ingram has a 4.2 career yards/carry. That gets you all excited? Meh. Plenty of rbs could do that if featured in an offense. Idk why they let PT go. Maybe because hes older and is dinged up more often. PT is a great pass catching rb. I dont know how you can watch Ingram and fall in love, then think about the great runs PT would have after the catch and think he isnt good.

Ingram has a 4.2 career yards/carry. That gets you all excited? Meh. Plenty of rbs could do that if featured in an offense. Idk why they let PT go. Maybe because hes older and is dinged up more often. PT is a great pass catching rb. I dont know how you can watch Ingram and fall in love, then think about the great runs PT would have after the catch and think he isnt good.

Ingram is currently ranks from #2 to #6 FF back right now for total points in most scoring formats. I don't understand the theory of "This RB sucks" when he produces decent numbers week after week.

Consistency calculator ranks him as the #5 back in leagues that require 2 RB to start. Week to week he is consistent and puts up decent points.

Other arguments of "this guy is better" are subjective opinion. "If this guy got 20 carries he'd be better". If he was good enough to earn the starting job, he would have taken it. Never said I loved Ingram, but I do like his consistency from an FF perspective.

this thread got hijacked into a Ingram thread.

Let's stay on topic... Pierre Thomas worth a pickup? or will Draughn be the better option?

IF PT was better he would have got the starting job for the Saints?

Maybe. It's never happened that the better back didn't get the start? Ellington was starting over CJY2K, right? Randle was starting over McFadden. Coleman was starting over Freeman. None of the starters produced as well as the backups. 2004 Marshall Faulk and his 4.0 yds/carry and 6.2 yds/catch started over Steven Jackson's 5.0 yds/carry and 9.9 yds/catch. Your argument works deductively if you think coaches are infallible.

I admit it can be evidence, but not always good evidence.

If Thomas is a great rec rb than why has it taken so long for him to land a job ? It's going to be interesting to see how great he is with out Brees and the Saints passing system .

If Thomas is a great rec rb than why has it taken so long for him to land a job ? It's going to be interesting to see how great he is with out Brees and the Saints passing system .

Because he's been turning down the cheap offers.

San Fran decided to pay the guy.

• Like 1

Yeah maybe so , I know he can play I have seen him do so , I just don't see this team being the team that's going to show of his talent . But he is worth a pick up if you have room just because he will get the load of the work until Hyde is ready to roll .

At least 5 other teams were stupid to not sign Thomas. Hes better than alot of backups and a few starters and is an ideal 3rd down or COP guy.

Let's stay on topic... Pierre Thomas worth a pickup? or will Draughn be the better option?

Heh true dat.

Personally, I don't think either are worth picking up. (Hyde and Bolden owner) I would avoid all SF offensive players until further notice. Draughn YPC is very underwhelming. PT is gonna be rusty and won't get all the carries. RBBC in a sputtering offense with a bad QB and no TE? No thanks.

No, avoid any SF players untill you see how they look this week. All the comments here were exactly the same for picking up and playing Reggie Bush and look what happened.

No, avoid any SF players untill you see how they look this week. All the comments here were exactly the same for picking up and playing Reggie Bush and look what happened.

You think his freak injury was predictable? :)

You think his freak injury was predictable? :)

No but him suffering a injury yes . Just about everyone said he would not make it past last weeks game .

No but him suffering a injury yes . Just about everyone said he would not make it past last weeks game .

Couldn't agree more.. the guy is slang for injury... What happened????? He Reggied his Bush. And in a bit of a gamble, I am sitting GORE against the Broncos and starting PT vs the Falcons... even if the game is out of hand, the dump passes will be a-plenty.

No guts no glory. (and probably no trophy, but let's not split hairs... ) LOL

Anybody else got the nads (or desperation) to roll out PT this week?

Do we even know what Frenchie's roll is in the offense right now? Is he just a scat-back type on passing situations or will he actually see some early down work? I'm not confident rolling him out at all, particularly with issues on offense and specifically because of Gabbertt. I'm just wondering if the FA stash is worth holding onto.

Picked up Kendall Gaskins...chances are I'll drop him next week but ya never know

I think that's what's called the logically fallacy of Accident. If he'd be hit by a bus on the way to the game, would everyone have said "I knew it" too? :) Bush has an injury history, that doesn't mean slipping on concrete behind the bench is 'predictable'. It just accidentally happened to correspond to other predictions.

ya you do :banana:

I know but sometimes you get lucky...cj, gado, grant were all backs who came out of nowhere when circumstances presented themselves. The problem with sf is they are hurting everywhere pretty much.

I think that's what's called the logically fallacy of Accident. If he'd be hit by a bus on the way to the game, would everyone have said "I knew it" too? :) Bush has an injury history, that doesn't mean slipping on concrete behind the bench is 'predictable'. It just accidentally happened to correspond to other predictions.

Agree it did happen he did not make it out of that game .