Sign in to follow this  
BoxFullofJoel

Jay Ajayi

Problem is there are 10-15 viable stash and see guys. Cant get hyped about all of them. Its been tevin coleman...then it was Cobb, now its james white.

Naw it was never Cobb .

This kid is the best handcuff out there.

I think Coleman is the best one out there . Number two is Starks because he can play in the passing game on a pass happy team .

I'm not big on Cobb unless you play in a keeper league and I don't .

I beg to differ. First off how many years has Starks gotten a start a just been a complete bust? He's always been a guy who avg around 3.5 yards per carry. We've seen the best Starks but we've never seen the best ajayi...Why would you not want to take a chance on a kid whose young and has fresh legs? He had 5 carries and 41 yards last week. They just cut Gray and if Miller gets hurt this kids upside is very high. He would have been a very high draft pick if his knee never would have gotten hurt. I've never been a fan of guys like white,colston,boldin why draft guys like that when you can go grab guys like Adam,moncrief,mathews type guys who have upside. I'm talking about last year when Adams,Moncrief and Mathews were just rookies but most people rather have the big names even if they are slowing down. Why go after someone who has seen their best days when you can find someone who has upside and can become the next white,colston or Boldin. I'm looking for the next Lewis not the next Starks because I've seen what Starks can do and he'll always be just an okay back. Jay could be a phenom.

• Like 1

I agree Bobbyn, it's best to find that diamond and Ajayi could be a phenom (given that Miller goes down). The Dolphins must think so too as they just released Gray. Apparently, Jay has the tools: a big back, runs strong as his "calling card" is his nasty stiff arm. He's a freak athlete. Also encouraging is his hands; this kid had over 500 receiving yrds at BSU last year. Good investment.

This kid is the best handcuff out there.

Ryan Mathews and Karlos Williams? :dunno:

But I hear your point. I need a lottery ticket and there's some hype with this guy so why not.

But I hear your point. I need a lottery ticket and there's some hype with this guy so why not.

Fair enough. I think K Williams will be the guy that gives Gurley the push at the top of the league for years to come. Williams I don't see as a handcuff I think he's pretty much a starter and is owned in most leagues. Same with Mathews these guys both are pretty much starters. In a 12 team league I think both Mathews and Williams are in people's starting lineups and in a 10 team league I think when people have RB on byes Williams and Mathews are probable being started. Jay ajayi is probably a FA that could end up winning you your league. Buck Allen is the other guy I like if forsett goes down. These 2 are season changing RBS.

This past Sunday was the first time I saw Ajayi run and wow, the kid is explosive. At the very least Miller owners need to handcuff him for the playoffs.

He is a explosive players that's for sure , Miller better keep playing hard .

KWill isn't a handcuff at this point, imo. You can start him and get a reasonable return every week. When I think handcuff, I think a guy who's not going to see my lineup unless a starter gets hurt. I've got my Coleman under my Freeman for that reason, but no way I start Coleman.

I'd look into Ajayi too if I have someone to give up. I'm actually at the point across my leagues where I don't have anyone to drop for him. Next week, yeah, I can ditch by bye-replacement TE. Hopefully he'll hold off busting out for one more week :)

I don't know who to cut in order to stash a guy who merely is a handcuff and I don't own Miller. If I owned Miller that would be different. I could cut Sims to pick this kid up but sims is my hand cuff of Martin. So, who may be worth more to me down the stretch? This kid or Sims. Or I could cut Kelce.

I would let the often injured Reed go and keep Kelce .

I thought he looked very good. Didn't think I'd get him in my league blind bid but I did. I think Miami will eventually be starting him and letting Miller come in to take advantage of winded defenses. Just seems a more natural role for each imo.

Now I said I would let Reed go for two reason , one I like Kelce more because Reed will fine the trainers room soon and two I don't ever carry two te.

Now I said I would let Reed go for two reason , one I like Kelce more because Reed will fine the trainers room soon and two I don't ever carry two te.

I'm with you paws.....it's killing me to have two TEs, not to mention two qbs, but Reed has been a beast since returning and Kelce has the potential to be a beast. I'm not sure which one to cut. Do you honestly think Having Jay stashed on my bench is better for me down the stretch than having one TE stashed in case one gets injured?

Would you use #3 waiver on him? Someone in our league dropped him

My othe backs are

DeAngelo with Todman handcuff

Jeremy Hill

Jonathan Stewart

Karlos Williams

I would drop Christine Michael for him

I don't think to many people know he was a super high prospect that got hurt like Gore did. Kids special. Kwilliams and this kid are gonna be top tier Rbs in the future. I love how shifty he is. Vision is nice as well. I think he's def worth a stash if you have room.

Interim coach Dan Campbell indicated Wednesday that he believes Ajayi has earned more carries in the wake of the rookie running back's season debut in Week 9, the Miami Herald's Armando Salguero reports.

Rotowire - 11/11/15

Pick up Matt Jones or Ajayi in ppr? Jones was just let go by a guy with bye week issues. Jones has the clearer path for now but tougher playoff schedule. Ajayi might need a Miller injury to make enough of a difference but if that happens has a very nice playoffs schedule.

2 people in my league just dropped melvin gordon and carlos hyde. I had jay ajayi on my team but i dropped him to pick them up. I liked ajayi since preseason i eventually thought he would pass l. miller on the depth chart, it hasnt happened yet. Anyways im wondering if i should of kept him instead of one of these backs? My rb's r weak. I have E. Lacy, j. forsett, duke johnson and not hyde and gordon. thanks for the help. Its standard scoring and im 7-2. I was possibly thinking of droppinf r. tannehill for him since I have rodgers and he has a good schedule coming up. I dont think I need tannehill any longer

2 people in my league just dropped melvin gordon and carlos hyde. I had jay ajayi on my team but i dropped him to pick them up. I liked ajayi since preseason i eventually thought he would pass l. miller on the depth chart, it hasnt happened yet. Anyways im wondering if i should of kept him instead of one of these backs? My rb's r weak. I have E. Lacy, j. forsett, duke johnson and not hyde and gordon. thanks for the help. Its standard scoring and im 7-2. I was possibly thinking of droppinf r. tannehill for him since I have rodgers and he has a good schedule coming up. I dont think I need tannehill any longer

The guy's only been healthy and active for one week. Hard to pass up the incumbent starter when you're unable to play.

Okay, so I just went temporarlity insane and dropped Coleman for Ajayi. I'm the Freeman owner in that league, the rest of the guys aren't the type to snag someone else's handcuff when the guy is 1) on a bye and 2) getting 3 carries a game. After this weekend, I'll get Gates back off his bye, I can drop Ebron and bring Coleman back. And now I have Ajayi if something happens.

I was actually thinking about picking up DWill the week before Bell went down, because I had a speculation spot, and I passed because he wasn't getting any carries. Someone here had mentioned DWill and I said...nah, I'll pass.

So I'm taking a small risk of losing Coleman for the possible score on Ajayi--who I didn't even see play. :P Let's see what happens.

im still keeping Coleman , if Freeman was to go he becomes a very cheap number 1 rb at worst a number 2 .

im still keeping Coleman , if Freeman was to go he becomes a very cheap number 1 rb at worst a number 2 .

I'm definitely planning on grabbing him back after this week. If the Falcons weren't on a bye, I wouldn't have done it. But I feel safe thinking no one else is going to grab Coleman coming off their bye. Freeman isn't hurt, he's still producing, Coleman isn't worth anything otherwise, and I have Freeman. It's a risk, but I don't think a big one. We'll find out, I'll let you know what happens next Wednesday after waivers :)

I'm definitely planning on grabbing him back after this week. If the Falcons weren't on a bye, I wouldn't have done it. But I feel safe thinking no one else is going to grab Coleman coming off their bye. Freeman isn't hurt, he's still producing, Coleman isn't worth anything otherwise, and I have Freeman. It's a risk, but I don't think a big one. We'll find out, I'll let you know what happens next Wednesday after waivers :)

I think that was a smart move. He's on a bye doubt anyone licks him up.

Thomas Rawls looked really good when Lynch was hurt. I'm currently holding him. Not sure if I should drop him for some other lottery ticket.

For some reason (maybe since he was hurt already this year) I just don't trust Lynch.

Thomas Rawls looked really good when Lynch was hurt. I'm currently holding him. Not sure if I should drop him for some other lottery ticket.

For some reason (maybe since he was hurt already this year) I just don't trust Lynch.

I own Rawls too. No way am I dropping him. He looks great.

Brother,

Not sure why you feel Ajayi is that much sexier than Coleman, but maybe his 5 carries got you excited, especially seeing the coach said he would get more carries.

Brother,

Not sure why you feel Ajayi is that much sexier than Coleman, but maybe his 5 carries got you excited, especially seeing the coach said he would get more carries.

You don't see why a one week grab of a talented player who is generating some buzz, at the low risk of a handcuff who isn't getting enough carries to be anything other than a handcuff--and isn't playing this week so he can't become more than a handcuff this week--and who I can almost certainly get back when I drop my bye week fill TE after this week, is a good idea? :)

What do you think Coleman is going to do for me this week, with the Falcons on a bye? Knowing the guys in my league, they aren't going to grab him. We have shortish benches...Rawls is on waivers, for example.

Would it be better to have Coleman, on his bye, on my bench this week if something happens and Ajayi blows up? Worst case, he does nothing. Mild case, he does something and a team in need comes asking. Best case, Miller goes down and I have a talented starter.

Or I could have a bye week handcuff. Hmmmmm... :)

Yeah your own situation based on bench space does make this call go one way or the other .

I see your point. You figure Coleman will still be there based on his bye and you could pick him up Wednesday morning if need be. If Ajayi scores a td and gets 10-15 points you are thinking you just found a gem who everyone would have wanted next Wednesday.

Ok, you convinced me to pick him up. The hard part for me was who to cut. Aiken, Kelce/Reed, or Sims ((Martin handcuff). And the winner is- Aiken. I figured his upside is not too high so if I needed a W R I could pick up someone pretty similar. Ok, now let's see if Ajayi could make me happy.

Thanks brother and weepaws.