Sign in to follow this  
Canadianfan

McFadden prob gets hurt soon --let's discuss Turbin

Word out of dallas is that Turbin is next man up. Looking good at practice. McFadden probably going down at some point. 30 touches a game is asking too much.

Turbin could be that wild card guy in fantasy playoff land.

Thoughts?

Although McFadden has received the majority of the team's carries the last four games, his workload could be reduced in what will likely be wet conditions at Miami's Sun Life Stadium.

The running back rotation behind McFadden will likely be Robert Turbin, who was signed Wednesday, and then Rod Smith.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas-cowboys/20151120-jerry-jones-elaborates-on-darren-mcfadden-s-injury-status-far-more-than-rb-does.ece

Damn I've been holding Smith.

I picked him up hoping your scenario becomes reality. Go down McFadden, please. Lol

I can't get excited about Turbin. Roster him if you have the space because it never hurts to have a possible starter and keep him off a running back needy team. We know what he is and it isn't the lottery ticket that will change the season. Looking down his schedule there really isn't a place where I would want him to start on my team when it counts.

I can't get excited about Turbin. Roster him if you have the space because it never hurts to have a possible starter and keep him off a running back needy team. We know what he is and it isn't the lottery ticket that will change the season. Looking down his schedule there really isn't a place where I would want him to start on my team when it counts.

You are not factoring in Dallas offensive line and return of Romo and Dez

Lots of average RBs would do well with 20 touches

Anyone remember a guy named justin forsette? He was just average until he left seattle as a backup and eventually found the starting job in baltimore. Not saying hes a world beater, but given the right chance behind that o line he may succeed

I'm still not at all sure that this is true. Why would two different NFL teams think that Turbin isn't worth a roster spot if Turbin was truly worth rostering in this spot? This smells like CMike redux.

I have Rod Smith. My understanding was that Dallas was impressed with Rod Smith. Is that not correct? Are there protection issues?

Anyone have better insight than one article?

I may just jettison Smith and stop playing DAL RB roulette, and pick up Keshawn Martin instead. :wall:

I have a bad habit of chasing gold pots but you have to like this...

“I would not put it past him being up this week though. I’ve seen enough so far,” Linehan said. “We’ll see. We’ll make that decision Saturday. He’d be a guy we could certainly lean on if we call his number, even in this short period of time.”

It’s definitely been a short period of time; Turbin arrived on Wednesday.

“What I have seen — it’s been 24 hours, two practices — real impressed,” Linehan said. “I think he is going to be a really good addition for our team.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/21/robert-turbin-makes-quick-impression-with-the-cowboys/

I'm still not at all sure that this is true. Why would two different NFL teams think that Turbin isn't worth a roster spot if Turbin was truly worth rostering in this spot? This smells like CMike redux.

I have Rod Smith. My understanding was that Dallas was impressed with Rod Smith. Is that not correct? Are there protection issues?

Anyone have better insight than one article?

I may just jettison Smith and stop playing DAL RB roulette, and pick up Keshawn Martin instead. :wall:

Jettison Smith. Right now it is unambiguously Turbin; check out @bryanbroaddus for good DAL beat-writer coverage. Broaddus even alludes to Linehan's own words in an interview when (and now presumably quoted above), and watched Turbin practice as the RB 2 this week. I mean, it could BECOME Smith, but you'd have to have a reason to believe Broaddus isn't the most likely to be correct (or really know something about Smith). It sounds like you're asking for a good source, and Broaddus is your man. I wish there were an equivalent for other muddled backfields...

Regarding Turbin being dropped 2x - solid heuristic, but the specifics undercut it in this instance IMO. I think R8RMick has become the authoritative source for descriptions of how the Browns manage their runningbacks. Regarding SEA, well, they knew what they had in Rawls, and they have F.Jax - no role for Turbin.

Dropped Smith for Turbin

If DMC goes down Can't see how a rook would ever get nod vs a vet especially with a tender Romo to protect on passing downs

I have Rod Smith. My understanding was that Dallas was impressed with Rod Smith. Is that not correct?

Bobbyn2022 insists that Smith is the man in the McFadden handcuff thread: "Turpin got cut by the Seahawks and Browns...Sorry but Rod is the guy to own. Turpin is a turd."

This is all you need to know.

(I picked up Turbin)

Bobbyn2022 insists that Smith is the man in the McFadden handcuff thread: "Turpin got cut by the Seahawks and Browns...Sorry but Rod is the guy to own. Turpin is a turd."

(I picked up Turbin)

He's right. Turpin was washed up when he left Memphis State.

The single most important factor is the protection of Tony Romo coming off of a collarbone injury. Turbin is in the best position to protect Romo, and for this reason, he'll be the CLEAR-CUT handcuff to McFadden. The other two have 5 carries combined in NFL. There's no chance they figured out how to pass block at NFL speed with basically no experience. I don't care how good they were in college or at practise. NFL game speed is a whole new ballgame.

• Like 1

I picked him up hoping your scenario becomes reality. Go down McFadden, please. Lol

this.

(I picked up Turbin)

Dallas run game had been decent with stacked boxes and a non-existent passing game. Romo back is a whole new ball game. Dallas needs a downhill runner that can block. All signs point to Turbin.

Turpin is a turd...He's so bad the Browns cut him lol

Yeah, the Browns run game is just like Dallas.

Would you drop an Alfred Morris to pick up Turbin? Morris is my RB3/4, vs. Turbin who should be good when McFadden's deal with the devil comes due.

I did

They're looking good with Turbin as a backup if the wheels come off. That was Cowboy football yesterday. McFragile working on a new 30 For 30 special.

Mcfragile is not living up to his name to my chagrin.

Turbin looked good when he was in there. It all comes down to if McFadden can continue to handle the pounding. If he were to go down and Turbin was the last man standing he might make a nice RB2/flex if called on.

No Cowboys fan blasts Jerry more than me.. But at some point - this owner is going to have to get some credit for bringing DMC here this year... It was basically Stephen's and W. McClay's call to let Demarco walk - so they get huge props for that, but Jerry is the one who pushed to get his fellow Razorback on the team.