Sign in to follow this  
RLLD

Turkey shoots down Russian war plane

At least it will increase oil and nat gas prices! :banana:

Sure hope not, using a localized conflict to hurt average people is wrong.

Sure hope not, using a localized conflict to hurt average people is wrong.

Just looking at the bright side my brother...........not hoping!

It could be argued that $65 oil helps this country and Canada more than $39 oil but I am not hoping for war. However, it seems likely in a region that has been at war for 2000 years.

No one will do anything to Russia, for the same reason Iran and China get away with everything. Because they are strong. The West only has the stomach to push weak countries around.

Just looking at the bright side my brother...........not hoping!

It could be argued that $65 oil helps this country and Canada more than $39 oil but I am not hoping for war. However, it seems likely in a region that has been at war for 2000 years.

You're in the business so its understandable but high oil prices helps the assmeg countries on the planet, low prices help the US. Your personal situation runs counter to the rest of the country. Not that there's anything wrong with that. US/Canada oil and gas serve as a great counterweight to prevent vulnerability against OPEC (which is dominated by global a$$hole countries).

Putin is already one of the greatest criminals in the world... robbing Russia's wealth for decades, nationalizing corporations, and murdering political enemies.

If Russia's situation ever got dire enough (probably from Putln going too far), he's crazy enough to try to take the world down with him. There's a famous story Putin used to tell about his childhood growing up in an impoverished Leningrad apartment and how he learned that a cornered prey can be dangerous and unpredictable.

“Once I spotted a huge rat and pursued it down the hall until I drove it into a corner,” Putin recounted. “It had nowhere to run. Suddenly it lashed around and threw itself at me. I was surprised and frightened. Now the rat was chasing me.”

Exactly. So how do we prevent getting pulled into another BS war in the middle east without giving a big FU to France, Germany and the UK?

We don't, we just try to keep boots off the ground

Sounds like we supplied the weapons that took down the Russian chopper which was searching for the pilots.

Sounds like we supplied the weapons that took down the Russian chopper which was searching for the pilots.

I bet Obummer personally delivered it

I bet Obummer personally delivered it

I'm not saying that. I just worry about this getting ugly...er. I think arming "moderates" is a bad idea personally. I also think trying to overthrow another government in the ME is crazy, but surprisingly the President hasn't been asking for my advice.

We don't, we just try to keep boots off the ground

Eventually they'll be there too, not until the next election, but I bet soon after.

Eventually they'll be there too, not until the next election, but I bet soon after.

Because it went so well last time?

No one will do anything to Russia, for the same reason Iran and China get away with everything. Because they are strong. The West only has the stomach to push weak countries around.

Maybe try a thread were Russia actually did get away with anything. They didn't this time. hth

Maybe try a thread were Russia actually did get away with anything. They didn't this time. hth

I didn't say they did, cornholio. I just said no one is going to do anything to stop what they're doing in Syria/turkey

I didn't say they did, cornholio. I just said no one is going to do anything to stop what they're doing in Syria/turkey

Again, a thread where someone shot down a Russian fighter seems an odd place to claim "no one is going to do anything".

Again, a thread where someone shot down a Russian fighter seems an odd place to claim "no one is going to do anything".

It's at least the second time Russtard has done it...saber rattling abounds re. Turkey/NATO's clout. They will do nothing. Russia will continue to thumb its nose at the west.

It's at least the second time Russtard has done it...saber rattling abounds re. Turkey/NATO's clout. They will do nothing. Russia will continue to thumb its nose at the west.

How does the fact they've actually done something fit into your theory they will do nothing?

How does the fact they've actually done something fit into your theory they will do nothing?

If you could stop being obtuse for about 2 seconds, the issue is that no one will do anything to make Russia stop focking around in Syria, and pretty much anywhere else they choose to fock around. Get it?

If you could stop being obtuse for about 2 seconds, the issue is that no one will do anything to make Russia stop focking around in Syria, and pretty much anywhere else they choose to fock around. Get it?

You mean nobody will do anything to the Russians besides killing them?

You mean nobody will do anything to the Russians besides killing them?

You too, eh? Do you really think Russia's behavior will change because of this incident?

You too, eh? Do you really think Russia's behavior will change because of this incident?

Well, your posts seemed to imply that nobody was willing to do anything to stop Russia. I can't think of any realistic actions that equal doing more to stop them than actually killing Russians.

But if the point of your posts are that Russia cannot be stopped no matter what, then that's a different tone than I believed you to be taking.

Well, your posts seemed to imply that nobody was willing to do anything to stop Russia. I can't think of any realistic actions that equal doing more to stop them than actually killing Russians.

But if the point of your posts are that Russia cannot be stopped no matter what, then that's a different tone than I believed you to be taking.

Ooooooo look at you. Sorry, just a runner-up award in the Obtuse-Off. Better luck next time.

The silver lining is we learned for sure that Russian jets are easily taken out by F16s. That's nice to know.

Because it went so well last time?

It was fine until the pullout, which if you go back, I was against. Drones are okay but won't win you a war. Diplomatic sanctions are okay but won't win you a war.

Pointing out the fighter jet sized hole in his theory = being obtuse. Don't do it. :thumbsdown:

It was fine until the pullout, which if you go back, I was against. Drones are okay but won't win you a war. Diplomatic sanctions are okay but won't win you a war.

Pullout too soon and you can make a baby

Fine until the pullout? Really? Thousands of us soldiers dead, tens of thousands more seriously wounded, trillions of dollars lost, and what we had nothing to show for it.

Jesus, if that's your definition of "fine" I'd hate to see when things go poorly! :o

Fine until the pullout? Really? Thousands of us soldiers dead, tens of thousands more seriously wounded, trillions of dollars lost, and what we had nothing to show for it.

Jesus, if that's your definition of "fine" I'd hate to see when things go poorly! :o

We had our power projection platform for Syria and the other parts of the region. Now we still have dijibouti.

I know the numbers, lost friends, had my brother blown up by IEDs over there, you can't just leave the people until their police and military are properly trained, government established, etc.

We left too early and here we are now.

Sadly this is what happens when you leave too early.

We had our power projection platform for Syria and the other parts of the region. Now we still have dijibouti.

I know the numbers, lost friends, had my brother blown up by IEDs over there, you can't just leave the people until their police and military are properly trained, government established, etc.

We left too early and here we are now.

Sadly this is what happens when you leave too early.

We'd been there for a decade! How long were we supposed to stay? And are you confident that Iraq and Afghanistan would have EVER become totally self-sufficient?

I think what you're talking about would have taken a generation or more :o

We should have babysat them forever apparently. We should have never stopped getting troops blown up refereeing these animals.

How about we should have never invaded the second time? Had we left Saddan there, we could have saved all the money and unwasted troops lives playing USA World Police in the first place.

And now they're blowing each other up. Who could have predicted that? Oh, that's right, lots of people including me. And it matters at all? No. Fock them let them blow each other up. That's how they are, it's not our problem.

We don't need to do anything and their refugees can stay there and keep their backwards evil ass religion out of our countries. Piss off the lot of them. The enrire region isn't worth one drop of American blood.

We'd been there for a decade! How long were we supposed to stay? And are you confident that Iraq and Afghanistan would have EVER become totally self-sufficient?

I think what you're talking about would have taken a generation or more :o

We are in Germany and that ended 70 years ago. We are still in the south and southwest and those wars ended 150 years ago. Once you win, you stay, you don't leave. Nature of the business

We are in Germany and that ended 70 years ago. We are still in the south and southwest and those wars ended 150 years ago. Once you win, you stay, you don't leave. Nature of the business

There weren't people constantly killing our soldiers in Germany after WWII. Completely different scenario

Germany also wasn't a nation filled with two populations that wanted the other dead, and wasn't a land where democracy had never existed. Our problem is with our hubris, assuming we can go into a third-world sh*thole and magically make democracy prosper (especially when we are doing a terrible enough job with it at home).

German chicks are cute and don't wear the curtains.