Sign in to follow this  
Gratefulegg1973

Rodgers tomorrow night?

This guy has been a disappointing turd most of the year. Now, in a must win game for me, I'm seriously considering benching him for Rivers (yes, i know the bad matchup). GB homers/fans, is there any hope whatsoever these clowns get it together this week? Is Rodgers still hampered by the 'injury' he supposedly had? Can Davonte Adams and Randall Cobb borrow some stick-um off of Clifford Franklin?

I would roll with Rodgers over Rivers vs the Broncos .

I do not think you have a BAD choice.. Green Bay and Detroit have had the same week - not real short fast indoor surface lots of points should be scored. I think more points will be scored in Detroit than San Diego - Denver does not want a lot of points, but rivers will be involved for most of them.

Lol yeah it's a good - bad problem to have at this point .

I've been bouncing around the idea of starting Bortles over Rodgers this week, but I doubt I can do it.

Rodgers plays on TNF (ungood), on the road, and against Detroit (who has improved a lot recently).

Bortles gets Buffalo at home. He's much better at home, but the Bill DBs are pretty good (ask NE) and the Jags will likely be without Hurns.

In the end, the probably have about the same output, put Rodgers likely has a higher ceiling.

JMO

I've been bouncing around the idea of starting Bortles over Rodgers this week, but I doubt I can do it.

Rodgers plays on TNF (ungood), on the road, and against Detroit (who has improved a lot recently).

Bortles gets Buffalo at home. He's much better at home, but the Bill DBs are pretty good (ask NE) and the Jags will likely be without Hurns.

In the end, the probably have about the same output, put Rodgers likely has a higher ceiling.

JMO

Ummm...The Texans face Buffalo. The Jaguars face the Titans this week...in Tennessee. :dunno:

Ummm...The Texans face Buffalo. The Jaguars face the Titans this week...in Tennessee. :dunno:

Thanks! Appreciate that you could point out an error, but could offer no other input or insight. Pretty solid. Kudos.

Thanks! Appreciate that you could point out an error, but could offer no other input or insight. Pretty solid. Kudos.

The correction spoke for itself did it not? There's a stark difference between facing the Bills at home and the Titans on the road. And the difference is enough to not warrant starting Bortles over Rodgers in this instance.

• Like 1

I agree with that. I think the Buffalo secondary is better than the Titans, but the bigger fact is Bortles at home vs on the road. With Bortles on the road at Tennessee, I will go with Rodgers at Detroit. He threw for 333 and 2 TDs in an earlier loss to them. Not sure he does that again, but I still think his ceiling is higher than Bortles.

I'd go Rodgers.

I'm on the other side of it with Stafford, can't decide between him or Carr at home vs KC. Same issues I had last week and luckily I chose Stafford but only because of his Thanksgiving day super powers.

rolling with fitzmagic over Rodgers, not confident but actually think fitz has a higher ceiling with those recievers against the Gmen putrid pass d

Rodgers has had a handful of good games (statistically) this year even in losses. Not sure what your expectations are/were but 300 ish and 2 TDs is pretty solid.

I'd roll with him against Detroit. He wont lose to them twice in a season.

I'd go Rodgers.

I'm on the other side of it with Stafford, can't decide between him or Carr at home vs KC. Same issues I had last week and luckily I chose Stafford but only because of his Thanksgiving day super powers.

Me too! I also have Eli and Hasslesuck. Pulling my hair out. I lost last week not playing stafford over Eli. But I'm worried about stafford this week. Usually these games are kinda low.

One thing I've noticed bearing out this year is that typically, Divisional games tend to be lower scoring games where the home team has a distinct advantage. Sometimes the visitors win but it's almost always lower scoring than usual and a lot closer than you'd think.

I'm benching Cobb in favor of Aiken/Moncrief.

Yep. Looking awesome.

Since I will now very likely lose a first round bye, I will play Brady Quinn next week over Rodgers!

Asshat.

The league I'm saddled with him, I'll be out after this week. Thank God. I've never seen a QB like this take a complete nosedive. Fortunately I won't ever have to deal with him again. If a 31 year old white guy is the key to your entire success, you're a focking bum

• Like 1

Classic fftoday overreaction thread

Well lets not go overboard how successful he was....needed a miracle or he barely gets over 200 yards and 1 passing td.

Had a good game...but cmon

Classic douche bag who had NO comments or opinions at all in this thread until after the fact.

Too bad fantasy doesn't work that way. You have to form opinions and make decisions beforehand. You can't just sit back and decide after the game.

Lucky for Rodgers owners that he got a lucky hail mary. 60 yards and a TD on the last play is nice.

Too bad for you that you're you - an after-the-fact told you so douche. Congrats!

Classic douche bag who had NO comments or opinions at all in this thread until after the fact.

Too bad fantasy doesn't work that way. You have to form opinions and make decisions beforehand. You can't just sit back and decide after the game.

Lucky for Rodgers owners that he got a lucky hail mary. 60 yards and a TD on the last play is nice.

Too bad for you that you're you - an after-the-fact told you so douche. Congrats!

I had a comment. I Said he'd finish with 400 yards and 3 td's at halftime. Scroll up child.

I had a comment. I Said he'd finish with 400 yards and 3 td's at halftime. Scroll up child.

Made the comment at halftime when half of you had the wine and cheese already out.

Well lets not go overboard how successful he was....needed a miracle or he barely gets over 200 yards and 1 passing td.

Had a good game...but cmon

Don't forget the running TD and 26 yards on the ground. Last time I looked it counted in fantasy.

and going overboard on how successful he was? are you f'n kidding me? The guy played with three offensive linemen out, a receiving core that has zero ability to get open or catch a ball, and non existent running game. That was an MVP type performance..he put the entire team on his back. Were you even watching?

His final numbers may be enough to get me into the playoffs next week. But after what I saw, I don't think there's any way I could start him. His O line is terrible, and I'm not sure if i've ever seen a more putrid collection of WRs.

Balaga and Lang were close to playing last night. Lindseys injury isn't serious, exect all three to suit up with ten days off. Their next opponent is dallas. Unless Newton is your backup, I'd rethink your decision.

• Like 1

They even said it on tv. Brady loses everyone and doesnt miss a beat. Rodgers misses a couple and the offense goes to crap. And yes without a historic miracle...he had a crap night.

So lets not be another douchy after the fact told ya so guy on here....there is already plenty of that here.

• Like 1

I've been a member on this site around ten years. I don't post often, but if you go back and read my posts you'll see that I'm not the douche you've labeled me as. I don't make after the fact comments. But what bothers me is the comments people make about fantasy players twenty minutes into a game. It's classic over-reaction. Rodgers sucks, he's a bum, career is over. We're talking about one of the best in the game for f sakes.

Also, comparing brady and rodgers is a little more complicated that what the guy said on TV. Coaches, systems, personal, skill are different. We could write a book comparing the two and we'd still be arguing by the end.

Just be glad as football fans we've had the opportunity to watch two of the best ever play.

It's been a season of adversity for Rodgers. The coaches can't manage their running game or keep tabs on Lacys weight. Then when it's goin well they mismanage them and ruin his confidence. Then losing Jordy was covered up early but is being felt the last few weeks. They can still rebound and make a playoff run but they will need to get on the same page. Also Richard Rogers having quietly a huge breakout season at TE.