Sign in to follow this  
Super Cubs

ranking the 2015 rookie RBs

Coming into the year the big hype was about Gurley, Gordon, Yeldon, and Abdullah. Then you had the late round hype of Buck Allen, Cobb, David Johnson, ect... Now that the season is almost over how do you rank them?

Gurley

D Johnson

Yeldon

J Allen

You can keep the others .

Well, performance for 2015 is pretty obvious (and Rawls is probably a guy who should be included in the discussion), but if you are talking rankings/potential for 2016, that's a different story entirely. I think that Abdullah has flashed enough to provide hope that he could have a better sophomore year. Detroit run blocking was horrible and they insisted on keeping a clearly inferior J.Bell in the lineup and most game flows led to a heavy dose of Riddick and the passing game. If they can address the O-line (and put Bell out to pasture where he belongs), Abdullah has a chance to break out next year.

Gurley

D.Johnson(ARI)

Rawls

Yeldon

Abdullah

Jones

Allen

Gordon

D.Johnson(CLE)

Coleman

Ajayi

Cobb

Artis-Payne

• Like 1

Here's what I'm thinking approximate ADP (PPR) next year:

Gurley (12)

Langford (15) – If no Forte

TJ Yeldon (19)

David Johnson (21) – If no CJ2K

Matt Jones (26) – If no Morris

Thomas Rawls (32) If Lynch still on roster, if no Lynch (10)

Duke Johnson (39)

Abdullah (42)

Melvin Gordon (47) – This might be one of those reverse market correction bargains, if he can figure out how to block and they rebuild the O'Line

Karlos Williams (53)

Buck Allen (55)

Gurley

Rawls (if lynch is gone)

David Johnson (if Chris is gone)

Yeldon

Langford (if forte goes)

Matt Jones (with no Alf)

Ajayi (if Miller goes and the new coach uses him well)

Allen (if forsett isn't there to steal work)

Gordon (promises to get better and if team is healthy he could turn it on)

Duke Johnson (if Gordon comes back and new coach uses duke like he could)

Karlos if shady stays... If shady goes he could climb this ladder..

The rest I'm not as high on besides maybe CAP...

Ajayi (if Miller goes and the new coach uses him well)

Allen (if forsett isn't there to steal work)

Karlos if shady stays... If shady goes he could climb this ladder..

Ah ya, I forgot that Lamar Miller is a UFA. MIA hasn't even approached him about a contract. Def. would put Ajayi in top 40 next year.

McCoy isn't going anywhere. He was just given 26.5 million in guaranteed money.

I doubt Forsett is going anywhere either. He has an exceptionally friendly cap number.

Too early. This list will be much clearer in May. Right now for rooks it's Gurley, Yeldon, Abdullah and Gordon.

Too early. This list will be much clearer in May. Right now for rooks it's Gurley, Yeldon, Abdullah and Gordon.

Bad, bad list. D Johnson has to be on it and Gordon isn't even a consideration.

• Like 1

In PPR formats Theo Riddick will should be drafted at least two rounds ahead of Abdullah – if not more. He's the classic example of a non-brand name value pick.

Current PPR points:

• Latavius Murray 165 (10th)
  • Forte 162
  • Bernard 158
  • Yeldon 158
  • Gore 155
  • Riddick 151 (19th)

The difference between Riddick and the 10th ranked PPR RB is 1 point a week. Yet I presume Riddick will likely have a ADP 24-36 spots behind guys like Yeldon, Bernard and Murray. In fact, we'll likely see such a market (over)correction for guys like Ivory and Woohead, that it will push guys like Sims, Riddick and Duke Johnson into the 5th and 6th rounds, making them ideal targets for RB Zero drafts.

• Like 1

Gurley is getting a lot of miles quick. I actually prefer Langford for a number of reasons if Forte is gone. Chicago wont fix anything soon an Langford is great for ppr where he is. Rawls is a beast but may get cold feet wondering if his body can take it.

Bad, bad list. D Johnson has to be on it and Gordon isn't even a consideration.

Totally agree. David Johnson has one of the best pair of hands for ANY runningback in NFL .Nevermind just rookies

And if CJK2 is gone or backing up David, by draft day this kid will be worthy of a late RD1 or early 2nd pick. Kid leads all rookies in TDs with 8 that are not QB's and that is with barely any time. In fact he has the highest ratio touch per TD than any NFL player. He also was clocked running 22MPH last week and thats the fastest for any NFL player this year.

In PPR formats Theo Riddick will should be drafted at least two rounds ahead of Abdullah if not more. He's the classic example of a non-brand name value pick.

Current PPR points:

• Latavius Murray 165 (10th)
  • Forte 162
  • Bernard 158
  • Yeldon 158
  • Gore 155
  • Riddick 151 (19th)
The difference between Riddick and the 10th ranked PPR RB is 1 point a week. Yet I presume Riddick will likely have a ADP 24-36 spots behind guys like Yeldon, Bernard and Murray. In fact, we'll likely see such a market (over)correction for guys like Ivory and Woohead, that it will push guys like Sims, Riddick and Duke Johnson into the 5th and 6th rounds, making them ideal targets for RB Zero drafts.

This show why PPR is stupid. Theo is not worthy and barely rostered in most 10 team Normal scoring

Or Theo has been unwisely ignored by many. i find Dougs big boards helpful in comparing flex players across positions

I wouldnt trade David Johnson for Yeldon, Abdullah, and Gordon combined.

• Like 1

Call me crazy but if DJohnson is the named starter next year I see little argument against him in rnd1. Dude was scoring left and right before even getting any touches. Then as a starter has been killing it. Gurley is awesome but if you told me right now you would draft DJ no.1 over him I would not call you crazy. Yes I said it, no1 overall if he's named the workhorse starter. Tell me that's nuts and why.

I agree I posted already on this board that I like Gurly one D Johnson number two but either way works .

I agree I posted already on this board that I like Gurly one D Johnson number two but either way works .

Exactly. I'm just sayin it's not a thing where I pick him and the room erupts in laughter and I get booted from the draft for trolling. It's reasonable. After this year man, I'm not gonna laugh at anyone who takes someone different first overall. You want Gronk or Antonio or David J, go for it.

Exactly. I'm just sayin it's not a thing where I pick him and the room erupts in laughter and I get booted from the draft for trolling. It's reasonable. After this year man, I'm not gonna laugh at anyone who takes someone different first overall. You want Gronk or Antonio or David J, go for it.

Ill take Antonio or David Johnson in the first round and then Jordan Reed, Delanie Walker, or Jenkins, or even 2 of these back to back in the 7th and 8th round and beyond. Gronk has an injury history also so don't go there.

I drafted DJ in round 12 this past year and he is one of my keepers now to go along with OBJ, AJ Green and Gronk. :banana:

Call me crazy but if DJohnson is the named starter next year I see little argument against him in rnd1. Dude was scoring left and right before even getting any touches. Then as a starter has been killing it. Gurley is awesome but if you told me right now you would draft DJ no.1 over him I would not call you crazy. Yes I said it, no1 overall if he's named the workhorse starter. Tell me that's nuts and why.

Yeah taking johnson over gurley is fine imo. Johnson is on an exponentially better offense. I think gurley is a better pure runner of course, he is unreal, but djohns situation trumps a lot of that.

I drafted DJ in round 12 this past year and he is one of my keepers now to go along with OBJ, AJ Green and Gronk. :banana:

Do you really expect people to believe you drafted a RB3 in the 12th round? :nono:

Do you really expect people to believe you drafted a RB3 in the 12th round? :nono:

Why not?

Your forgetting preseason adp. DJohnson wasnt even drafted in half my leagues and the ones he was he went in the last couple rounds. Freeman wasnt taken til rnd 8 or later sometimes. Palmer not drafted, Cam, the nfl mvp was drafted late and written off as a bust. You could prob piece together a fantasy all star team of guys that were not drafted or taken in the last 3 rounds.

Your forgetting preseason adp. DJohnson wasnt even drafted in half my leagues and the ones he was he went in the last couple rounds. Freeman wasnt taken til rnd 8 or later sometimes. Palmer not drafted, Cam, the nfl mvp was drafted late and written off as a bust. You could prob piece together a fantasy all star team of guys that were not drafted or taken in the last 3 rounds.

the fact that you have to even explain all that to him is evident that he only plays in 10 team yahoo public leagues. it is not even worth it.the fact he even doubted DJ was drafted (in a keeper league) shows how idiotic he is.

Sorry, I couldn't read much over the incessant DJ cack gobbling. From a dynasty perspective I stand by the list I posted. One awesome performance does not automatically vault Johnson above CJ and Elly will still get touches. I want bellcows not role players.

Sorry, I couldn't read much over the incessant DJ cack gobbling. From a dynasty perspective I stand by the list I posted. One awesome performance does not automatically vault Johnson above CJ and Elly will still get touches. I want bellcows not role players.

Leveon Bell Todd Gurley David Johnson

1a 1b 1c imo. Djohns isnt a bit player. Look at how productive he has been in limited playing time. Now look at how great he has been while being the bell cow.

Also Riddick is not a rookie. But he's highly undervalued (not for long).

DJ has 12 TD's on the season. on only 135 touches. He has the highest TD per touch ratio out of all NFL players this year. He is an every down back. You are making a serious mistake not ranking him right up there with the best of them. But hey someone else in your league will be grateful you passed on him.

Right now I value David Johnson about equal to David Cobb. I'm higher than most on Cobb and lower than most on Johnson. I think Duke is the best rookie Johnson.

Right now I value David Johnson about equal to David Cobb. I'm higher than most on Cobb and lower than most on Johnson. I think Duke is the best rookie Johnson.

I actually was high on Cobb as well. I drafted Cobb, David, and Karlos Williams. The knock on David was he couldnt block and he would avoid contact. But so far he has corrected that. Cobb and the Titans just have a lot of work to do. Karlos is a great size/speed/power combo thats rare. To bad he is behind McCoy. So as of now, going into next year I can only keep one of those rookie RB's and I am keeping David. :thumbsup:

I drafted DJ, Langford, Matt Jones and picked up Rawls off the waiver and traded for Karlos. Rebuild of a dynasty RB corps was quick and (so far) successful.

I drafted DJ, Langford, Matt Jones and picked up Rawls off the waiver and traded for Karlos. Rebuild of a dynasty RB corps was quick and (so far) successful.

:cheers:

I drafted David Johnson, Matt Jones, Tyler Lockett, and Thomas Rawls. Then traded Carsen Palmer and Michael Crabtree for Teddy Bridgewater, Steffon Diggs and Carlos Williams.

So same boat here. I think I got real young, but pretty good, quick.

I drafted David Johnson, Matt Jones, Tyler Lockett, and Thomas Rawls. Then traded Carsen Palmer and Michael Crabtree for Teddy Bridgewater, Steffon Diggs and Carlos Williams.

So same boat here. I think I got real young, but pretty good, quick.

I went from a legit 3rd worst team in the league with only leveon bell, latavius murray, and an injured tyler eifert to drafting johnson and cooper. I traded a first for maclin. I traded a 2nd for brady. I traded another first for emmanuel sanders later in the season. I also picked up west before the season started. Im now in the championship game. Though my opponent has a damn good team and cooper just laid an egg. Not sure if i will be able to rebound.

Saw that negative game from Cooper. I'm wondering if he has another sub par game next week, if he'll blow his shot for rookie of the year. If Lockett puts up another 2 good games. Add in his special teams, I think he could take it.

Saw that negative game from Cooper. I'm wondering if he has another sub par game next week, if he'll blow his shot for rookie of the year. If Lockett puts up another 2 good games. Add in his special teams, I think he could take it.

David Johnson should win it.

Enjoy those bums on bad teams with shaky RB situations. I'll take the guy who almost led the league in TDs and didn't even play most of the year on one of the best teams in the league.
  • Like 1