Sign in to follow this  
edjr

I've been away for a while, Trump must be out of the race by now?

Are you serious?

You really think he is going to get China to pay for a "Wall" that lines all of the southern border? You really think he's going to round up 12 million illegals and kick them out of the US?

Are you buying this stuff? JFC Ed.

Do I think it can happen? NO!

do I think he thinks he can make it happen? YES!

I'm not buying a focking word of it. But millions are

Are you serious?

You really think he is going to get China to pay for a "Wall" that lines all of the southern border? You really think he's going to round up 12 million illegals and kick them out of the US?

Are you buying this stuff? JFC Ed.

This is the third time you've used China rather than Mexico as paying for Trump's wall.

Maybe he gets the money by fining companies that hire illegals. Build it using Mexican prison chain gangs...

I believe the following are candidates are trustworthy (i.e. tell the truth for the most part): John Kasich, Rand Paul, Ben Carson, and Bernie Sanders

I believe the following are candidates are semi-trustworthy (i.e. they may flip flop from time to time like your average politician to get votes and play to the base): Jeb, Christie, Rubio, Cruz

I don't trust a word that comes out of these two moufs: Trump and Hillary

Agreed...and those same you find more trustworthy... IMO, they seem much more in it to do the job than in it to just increase brand and power like Hillary and Trump.

This is the third time you've used China rather than Mexico as paying for Trump's wall.

Hopefully he gets the money by fining companies that hire illegals.

As president can't Trump ride around in a car and just point at people that were his detractors and have them detained and force them to build the wall for free?

if so KSB is in trouble!

Maybe he gets the money by fining companies that hire illegals. Build it using Mexican prison chain gangs...

Yes, sorry Mexico. Either way, its not happening. He's lying to you.

"Trump’s connection of the trade deficit with a Mexican border fence is just nonsense," said Alex Nowrasteh, an immigration expert at the libertarian Cato Institute. "Just because the Mexican economy has a trade surplus relative to the United States doesn’t mean the Mexican government has the resources to build a border wall. It would be like me threatening my neighbor to build a new fence or else I’ll stop shopping at Walmart."

Mark Perry, a University of Michigan professor and scholar at the conservative American Enterprise Institute, said the trade deficit is based mostly on trading and investment by private individuals and companies -- not the government itself.

"It’s not like there is $54 billion sitting around somewhere in Mexico, like a magic pile of dollars, that could be used to build a wall," he said.

The Mexican government does not have adequate funds to pay for health, education or roads -- much less build a wall, said Gary Hufbauer of the Peterson Institute for International Economics, a think tank that analyzes globalization.

"The trade surplus does not represent money in some idle bank account controlled by the Mexican government," he said.

Our ruling

Trump said, "When they say Mexico can't pay for the wall, I say of course they can. We have a trade deficit with Mexico that's unbelievably big. ... It's billions and billions of dollars -- far more than what we're talking about for the wall."

The trade deficit is about $50 billion. Estimates to build a wall vary widely, though the ones we saw were smaller than the trade deficit. It’s impossible to know a precise figure because Trump hasn’t offered a detailed plan.

However, Trump’s overall message here is misleading because he suggests that the size of the trade deficit is proof that Mexico could pay for the wall. In reality, the trade deficit has nothing to do with whether the Mexican government could afford to write the United States a check to build the wall.

We rate this statement False.

As president can't Trump ride around in a car and just point at people that were his detractors and have them detained and force them to build the wall for free?

if so KSB is in trouble!

Threaten the leeches to help build this wall their welfare check goes bye bye.

Isn't lying? He was pro choice a few years back but now says he's pro life to satisfy the republicans. He is always the biggest liar in the factcheck results. I agree totally with your last sentence, though. He's playing them like a fiddler.

Reagan was pro choice at one time.

Reagan was pro choice at one time.

if he was a democrat, the loony moonbats would call that evolving. They love them sum double standards, and free stuff.

If he crazy enough to believe he can pull it off, is it still lying?

Threaten the leeches to help build this wall their welfare check goes bye bye.

NOW THAT'S an idea that would win the election.

Want your EBT card? you owe me 20 hours building the wall

if he was a democrat, the loony moonbats would call that evolving. They love them sum double standards, and free stuff.

Comparing Reagan and Trump on anything is idiotic

That mb did it and you agree with him shows just how dumb it is.

I assumed he meant that he will insist Mexico pay for the wall or lose their current trade status with the U.S.

Either way, it doesn't sound plausible.

that's in regards to anyone running for office...republicans flip flop democrats evolve.

A blatant double standard played by liberals and their partners in the media.

Disagree ?

So, Ronald Reagan didn't make abortion legal in California as governor? And who's comparing the two? I'm comparing flip flopping. You're so stupid. And you still can't ignore me.

that's in regards to anyone running for office...republicans flip flop democrats evolve.

Disagree ?

the sole reason Romney didn't beat Obummer was the libs had convinced the world he was the biggest flip flopper ever

I assumed he meant that he will insist Mexico pay for the wall or lose their current trade status with the U.S.

Either way, it doesn't sound plausible.

squeezing a few hundred billion pesos out of a financially strapped Mexico on something that's not on the first thousand pages of their priority list seems a bit unrealistic.

The pullback didn't start till after his 1st 4 years? right?

his campaign promises was for his 1st term.

I thought it started in 2011 during the end of his first term. Mung can correct me on the exact # of troops.

The difference between Obummer and McCain / Romney on Iraq was 1) getting what you wanted in a few years vs 2) staying in Iraq for even longer an possibly adding additional ground wars.

If ending the war was your big issue (it was for me), Obummer was easily your best choice even if you're disappointed it took him most of the first term.

the sole reason Romney didn't beat Obummer was the libs had convinced the world he was the biggest flip flopper ever

Calling half the country deadbeats didn't exactly help his image as a yacht riding country club frat boy phaggot, either. :dunno:

Disagree ?

Yes...I disagree...and you are a biased hack windbag.

I thought it started in 2011 during the end of his first term. Mung can correct me on the exact # of troops.

The difference between Obummer and McCain / Romney on Iraq was 1) getting what you wanted in a few years vs 2) staying in Iraq for even longer an possibly adding additional ground wars.

If ending the war was your big issue (it was for me), Obummer was easily your best choice even if you're disappointed it took him most of the first term.

I agree with all this. McCain definitely was NOT the choice.

yeah Barry "evolved" on his deals, didn't flip flop

The issue is a manned expedition to the moon is more plausible than bringing troops back, and people believed that bullshit.

I agree with all this. McCain definitely was NOT the choice.

I was worried about McCain escalating the war in Iraq and getting ground troops into Iran / Syria too.

Obummer has been a mediocrity but I have never once regretted my vote given the alternative.

The issue is a manned expedition to the moon is more plausible than bringing troops back, and people believed that bullshit.

We have less than 1,000 troops there now. I am sorry the world isn't perfect for you. Maybe president Trump will do better.

Yes...I disagree...and you are a biased hack windbag.

did Barry flip flop on gay marriage ? Yes or no

Did Hillary flip flop on the Iraq war ?

Yes or no ?

I was worried about McCain escalating the war in Iraq and getting ground troops into Iran / Syria too.

Obummer has been a mediocrity but I have never once regretted my vote given the alternative.

I see you've evolved as a poster. :thumbsup:

Yeah but he wears flip flops with socks. :thumbsdown:

That's the style in Fishtown. :dunno:

yeah Barry "evolved" on his deals, didn't flip flop

Nobody has ever flip flopped as blatantly as Romney did since Talleyrand. Obummer could be more consistent since he was appealing to a liberal left audience his whole career, Romney changed with the political winds and contorted himself like a pretzel.

Romney flip flopped more frequently than an Olympic gymnast, just not nearly so gracefully.

Nobody has ever flip flopped as blatantly as Romney did since Talleyrand. Obummer could be more consistent since he was appealing to a liberal left audience his whole career, Romney changed with the political winds and contorted himself like a pretzel.

Romney flip flopped more frequently than an Olympic gymnast, just not nearly so gracefully.

It's evolved Volty, evolved. This is how we say it now in 'Merica.

Time to shake things up and get the two political parties in this country to wake up. A Trump or Bernie nomination will do that. Time for a reconfiguration and for them to figure out that most of us are in the middle and if they want to hold on to their power they have to start governing with the majority in mind, and not who fills their coffers. Stop giving us these horrible choices like Cruz and Hillary. The proliteriate have had enough.

MB - good post.

That's the problem - you get elected by filling coffers, not solving problems for the citizens you represent.

Trump's popularity is a direct "F-U" to the politicians in both parties. Trump is not a politician or a statesman- - he's a wealthy reality show, tv celeb - and the citizens would rather vote for that - with all it's problems - than the same, useless, asswholes we currently have.

Trump is the "real" vote for "Mickey Mouse" that so many cast every year (in protest).

The fact that the Rs don't really like Trump makes him even more appealing to the citizens.

Is Trump a good choice for POTUS? Nope. But the voters are in the "f-it, let's blow the whole focking thing up" mode and I can't blame them.

MB - good post.

That's the problem - you get elected by filling coffers, not solving problems for the citizens you represent.

Trump's popularity is a direct "F-U" to the politicians in both parties. Trump is not a politician or a statesman- - he's a wealthy reality show, tv celeb - and the citizens would rather vote for that - with all it's problems - than the same, useless, asswholes we currently have.

The fact that the Rs don't really like Trump makes him even more appealing to the citizens.

Is Trump a good choice for POTUS? Nope. But the voters are in the "f-it, let's blow the whole focking thing up" mode and I can't blame them.

:clap:

MB - good post.

Trump is the "real" vote for "Mickey Mouse" that so many cast every year (in protest).

The problem is that it's not realistic and I'm a realist.

I understand the sentiment, but the sentiment to me is because people are more polarized then ever and we want instant change and we want it all.

To get things accomplished you must, you must work across the aisle and compromise on things. You must give a little to get a little bit more that falls in line with your core beliefs.

That's how negotiations, politics, getting bills passed and change done..... works. It's part and parcel to the whole checks and balances thing. It's steering a huge ship by turning slowly and surly. Governing isn't in a speedboat doing 180's.

However because we are so polarized people don't like that. Somehow compromising has turned into a bad thing.

• Like 2

Trump support is the ultimate cop-out. People can't be bothered to understand issues or require candidates to have positions and formulate policy on those issues.

I'm just mad !#$@

So I'm going to vote for a guy with no ideas! $#@!!

Focktards :thumbsdown:

We have less than 1,000 troops there now. I am sorry the world isn't perfect for you. Maybe president Trump will do better.

Have way more than that, maybe triple that number if you include the trainers.

Trump support is the ultimate cop-out. People can't be bothered to understand issues or require candidates to have positions and formulate policy on those issues.

I'm just mad !#$@

So I'm going to vote for a guy with no ideas! $#@!!

Focktards :thumbsdown:

If Paul can't win (which it certainly looks like he can't) I'm okay with Trump winning (if Hillary is the Dem. nom.)

For me it goes

Paul

Sanders

Trump

Have way more than that, maybe triple that number if you include the trainers.

So we have maybe 3,000 troops vs 170,000, not counting the tens of thousands of paid mercenaries we had there at peak in 2007.

If Paul can't win (which it certainly looks like he can't) I'm okay with Trump winning (if Hillary is the Dem. nom.)

For me it goes

Paul

Sanders

Trump

In other words you vote based not on where they stand on issues, core beliefs, experience etc. Because those three differ ALOT. You vote on if you 'like' the guy (or gal).

did Barry flip flop on gay marriage ? Yes or no

Did Hillary flip flop on the Iraq war ?

Yes or no ?

Barry saw the writing on the wall of how things are changing socially.

To compare moving in policy at this point of a presidency to someone pandering to the base is expected out of you.

I'm sure a lot flip flopped on Iraq after the lies of what got us there were uncovered.

BTW...Hillary is a lying sack of crap too

And never voted for Obama. So trying to compare to two people I don't support is funny... but the typical deflection and defensive behavior by you.

Do you think Trump is honest?

Do you find him qualified to be president? And can you answer those without bringing up a democrat?