Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

should statutory rape laws be modified?

What am I, made of goats?

I ain't saying she's a goat digger.

:lol:

I should have drafted frank for hillarity :wall:

Too late to change?

true, heck, i was with a guy who was 23 when i was 17.

of course i think that was legal...but still, i think that should be okay.

yes, the laws might need some tweaking.

sixteen is the age of consent in GA.

sixteen is the age of consent in GA.

i was living in nj at the time.

now that i think of it...i don't think we full on had sex anyway.

i was living in nj at the time.

now that i think of it...i don't think we full on had sex anyway.

I wonder why it didn't work out

American women reach maturity a lot faster than their 1800's ancestors. Statistically more so with blacks and then latino's, but whites too. It's blamed on "environmental pollutants" from every source you can think of (and some/all might be partly right).

Aside from weird cases of middle-age/older men, statutory rape is usually a case of a horny 18+ yo teenager and his slightly younger g/f. It's like making a law that monkeys can't eat bananas and then blame the monkey when he does. Ya know it's gonna happen. Teenage brains aren't developed enough to fully understand consequences and they've got hormones a flow'n.

Considering women are growing t*ts earlier, it's not surprising there's more cases. Statutory rape (non rape) cases resulting in teenagers registering as a sex offenders for life need reforming.

American women reach maturity a lot faster than their 1800's ancestors. Statistically more so with blacks and then latino's, but whites too. It's blamed on "environmental pollutants" from every source you can think of (and some/all might be partly right).

Aside from weird cases of middle-age/older men, statutory rape is usually a case of a horny 18+ yo teenager and his slightly younger g/f. It's like making a law that monkeys can't eat bananas and then blame the monkey when he does. Ya know it's gonna happen. Teenage brains aren't developed enough to fully understand consequences and they've got hormones a flow'n.

Considering women are growing t*ts earlier, it's not surprising there's more cases. Statutory rape (non rape) cases resulting in teenagers registering as a sex offenders for life need reforming.

Most statutory rape victims are 14 to 15 year old girls. The median age difference between male statuatory rapists and their victims is 6 years. So roughly half of the sex offenders are age 20/21 and under while 1/2 are older.

I don't know how it is today, but when I was growing up, a high school senior (or older) dating a sophomore was virtually unheard of. Is this really a big enough problem to change the law?

The seniors that dated freshman were all losers and freaks.

I'll hurt anyone who thinks my fifteen year old daughter is available. Just saying. Manslaughter is justifiable cause where I preside.

the average age of women getting married between 1950 -1970 was 19.

today the age is 26.

the same gap holds true for birth of first child.

there are less children being born now than ever before.

i really don't see the proof of women/girls being more sexually active or seductive than previous times.

if anything, i think girls are more empowered and less vulnerable due to laws protecting them.

here is a nice stat for you:

Yeah, heres your problem. Have that study define sex explicitly. The truth is, In far better, more intelligent studies, Girls are having less Vaginal penetration sex, Far more oral sex.

Yet, The definition of rape, and sexual assault, Has not followed suit.

In fact, The application of the use of the words sexual assault Used to meant violent Penetrative rape, And now Sexual assault Can be applied to Somebody brushing up against a woman's breasts in a crowded bus.

I'll hurt anyone who thinks my fifteen year old daughter is available. Just saying. Manslaughter is justifiable cause where I preside.

Relax Sporto. She's fat and homely. Shes lucky if she gets finger banged By a kid with Down syndrome On the short bus home.Her male friends are far more likely to lick windows than .

You guys act like there is an epidemic of women seducing men and fabricating rape charges. I suspect there are a sh!t ton more women who have actually been sexually assaulted, yet never speak up.

And even though girls may be physically maturing earlier, there is no way in hell they are more advanced mentally/psychologically/emotionally than in the past, making them easy victims for older males.

The only solution to this "problem" is lowering the age of consent, or excusing two minors who have consensual sex - which do you prefer?

It isn't the girl usually. Here is how I have seen the problem.

Young girls like to go places they aren't supposed to be. And being with an older man makes them feel mature and sophisticated. They go in with good intentions I'm sure.

But then...

1. Daddy finds out and presses charges.

2. The relationship ends badly, and, as they say, hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

Relax Sporto. She's fat and homely. Shes lucky if she gets finger banged By a kid with Down syndrome On the short bus home.Her male friends are far more likely to lick windows than ######.

Fat and homely? She's supermodel hot and has brains too. She looks like any brunette bombshell from our time and also scored a 29 on her first ACT test, is a starring pitcher for her soft ball team, and would take one look at you and throw up in her mouth and spit you out in chunks.

I have to, or get to, worry about shotsup and patriotsfatboys sons going after her. Two worthy gents Id gladly welcome to the Bunny family with friendly fatherly hatred. If that, and I know it does to all fathers of princesses, make sense.

I'm cursed with the knowledge that there are men out there with the only interest in her, is, getting......can't say it.

Glass licker? Far? I wish.

Fat and homely? She's supermodel hot and has brains too. She looks like any brunette bombshell from our time and also scored a 29 on her first ACT test, is a starring pitcher for her soft ball team, and would take one look at you and throw up in her mouth and spit you out in chunks.

I have to, or get to, worry about shotsup and patriotsfatboys sons going after her. Two worthy gents Id gladly welcome to the Bunny family with friendly fatherly hatred. If that, and I know it does to all fathers of princesses, make sense.

I'm cursed with the knowledge that there are men out there with the only interest in her, is, getting......can't say it.

Glass licker? Far? I wish.

My 14 yo has no game and his younger brother has a talking game, but nothing else at 12. Your daughter wouldn't give either the time of day. She's safe from my spawn. :lol:

I wonder why it didn't work out

:doh:

:P

Has anyone in this thread said "if there is grass on the infield, play ball" yet?

It's still a funny statement because it's so grandfathered in as being tacky, that we don't even consider it offensive. Hehehehe.

Has anyone in this thread said "if there is grass on the infield, play ball" yet?

It's still a funny statement because it's so grandfathered in as being tacky, that we don't even consider it offensive. Hehehehe.

It could be that the younger generation does so much landscaping that there is usually not any grass on the field. :dunno: