Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

**2016 Masters Thread**

Stenson has 7 2nds in his last what 20 events they said? no 1sts

he's nearing 40.

its now or never

He can't putt. At least not well enough to win the Masters.

Danny Willett is a guy who shouldn't be overlooked. I think he'll be contending on the back 9 on Sunday.

If Rory is within 3 strokes after round 2 he'll be very tough to beat.

Danny Willett is a guy who shouldn't be overlooked. I think he'll be contending on the back 9 on Sunday.

agreed on willett. but dont underestimate rorys ability to beat himself.

agreed on willett. but dont underestimate rorys ability to beat himself.

Hey Pervo, please keep your fantasys to yourself.

I love Willet the player and kid - he seems like a good egg that gets it.... That being said, Danny fades the ball... Traditionally left to right players don't win Green Jackets - least not very often... Of course Jack didn't seem to have a problem - then again, he's Jack Nicklaus... In modern times you basically have to go back to 2000 and VJ to find a fader of the ball who walked away with a Masters title.

I'd appreciate if you could remove this thread until after the geek Masters draft.

Thank you very much

I'd appreciate if you could remove this thread until after the geek Masters draft.

Thank you very much

Calm down, this thread has been an annual tradition longer than our draft... It's up to you to simply draft a better team.

Calm down, this thread has been an annual tradition longer than our draft... It's up to you to simply draft a better team.

You thought I was serious? c'mon dude :(

Na, I knew you were joshing.. You and falcon 'get it' - it's part of your charm. :wub:

Solid, tested players...wouldn't be a shocker if they won: Martin Kaymer, Jason Dufner, Kevin Streelman, Ryan Moore, Kevin Na, Billy Horschel, J.B. Holmes, Kevin Kisner, Matt Kuchar, Scott Piercy, Jimmy Walker, Graeme McDowell, Danny Willett, Bernd Wiesberger, Chris Wood, Lee Westwood, Jamie Donaldson, Rafa Cabrera-Bello.

Just now looking at this... Chris Wood is a solid, tested player, And you wouldn't be surprised if he won - really? ...... Also wouldn't be surprised if Cabrera-Bello, Streelman, Moore, Piercy, Willet, Wiesberger or Donaldson won - really? Wow, I sure would be - shocked in fact.

IF, Donald Trump played against Kim Jong-un at Augusta, who would win?

Yer mom.

Does anybody else get tired of Day crawling around on his hands and knees, contemplating withdrawals, falling over.... Then, smashing 365 yard drives?

The dude is phenomenal but, fock, that stuff gets annoying..

:mad:

• Like 1

Does anybody else get tired of Day crawling around on his hands and knees, contemplating withdrawals, falling over.... Then, smashing 365 yard drives?

YES

Sergio.

You are welcome.

no one here has the name Sergio

Just now looking at this... Chris Wood is a solid, tested player, And you wouldn't be surprised if he won - really? ...... Also wouldn't be surprised if Cabrera-Bello, Streelman, Moore, Piercy, Willet, Wiesberger or Donaldson won - really? Wow, I sure would be - shocked in fact.

I would be surprised...but not shocked. I didn't find Charl Schwartzel's win in 2011 all that surprising or shocking. His resume coming into that wasn't much different from the guys noted above. The Masters is also due for another Trevor Immelman-type winner at some point.

Again, I would be surprised if any of the above won. But, not shocked. They've all competed on the world stage for quite some time.

That and he plays so f'n slow. The PGA needs to start adding strokes for slow play.

Anyone catch the Drive, Chip and Putt from Augusta for the kids? Wow, what a cool kick ass experience for them... I love watching this.

Anyone catch the Drive, Chip and Putt from Augusta for the kids? Wow, what a cool kick ass experience for them... I love watching this.

No. I think it's cruel.

All those kids and only a few winners?

A TROPHY FOR EVERYONE~!

No. I think it's cruel.

All those kids and only a few winners?

A TROPHY FOR EVERYONE~!

:first:

more kids leave there crying than after meeting GFIAFP

can Tiger play the par 3 and not the tournament?

if so that is my prediction

Anyone caught the Masters promo jingle the Golf Channel has airing now? Good lord it sucks.. Sounds like a Sarah McLachlan song you'd hear at a funeral. :thumbsdown:

No, I sure am looking forward to Nantz and Faldo though

Final changes made. T-minus 3 days and counting...

yeah. i know some of you like Miller but hes just such a pompous ass. I loved this week when Justin Leonard was doing some calls and they started talking about his ryder cup winning putt and how the team used millers comments as motivation :thumbsup:

I know faldo was kind of a jerk in his playing days but as an announcer he is 10X better than Miller.

yeah. i know some of you like Miller but hes just such a pompous ass. I loved this week when Justin Leonard was doing some calls and they started talking about his ryder cup winning putt and how the team used millers comments as motivation :thumbsup:

I know faldo was kind of a jerk in his playing days but as an announcer he is 10X better than Miller.

:shocking:

Link?

In review:

*Scott, Watson, and Mickelson completely busted. All three came in having shown very good form all season...especially Scott...but, none negotiated the wind very well. Not good choices there.

*I was right about Spieth. Even when he's struggling with form coming into a major, he's going to contend. He putts too well not to. That being said, if he doesn't fix his game off the tee, Oakmont will eat him alive.

*Pretty much got what I expected out of McIlroy, Matsuyama, and Day. Semi-contention if you will, but low-end top tens for all three.

*I had Matthew Fitzpatrick at #10 up until the last day. Should have kept him there and bumped Lowry. Cruzer was right about Lowry fading. I was wrong about that.

*Koepka underperformed a little bit. Schwartzel obviously underperformed a lot.

So, kind of a mixed bag in terms of predictions. Overall, I would give myself a C- at best since Scott, Watson, and Mickelson were my top four and all failed to contend. I can't believe Lee Westwood, with no form this year whatsoever, came that close to winning another major. Clearly, Lee is the best player of all-time at this point not to win a major. Still hoping he gets one.

As for Willett, he seems to have a very good all-around game. Few weaknesses. McIlroy will be the face of European golf almost certainly for the next decade, but could Willett be #2? Very possible.

Think you're beating yourself up a little bit with the C- grade. With the way the wind was it made the tourney a lot more unpredictable. I know at least 8 out of your top 10 made the cut (not sure about Schwartzel).

tired of those crooked teef ferreners winning the Masters.

I was shocked to see Willet win..... Nonetheless, big props and kudos to him - he really seems like a great kid too.... That being said, even with his remarkable final round 67 - he prolly finishes at least 3 back (if not more) 99 out of 100 times Jordan is in that spot.

Coincidentally - Faldo also shot 67 to catch Norman during his '96 melt down.... And for the record, I rank this a bigger choke job than that of Norman in '96.

Conclusion. Spieth is no Tiger. Last three rounds over par. +9 in final 3 rounds on back 9.

It may be time to get your brother off the bag. :dunno:

I was shocked to see Willet win. Big props and kudos to him - he really seems like a great kid too.... That being said, even with his remarkable final round 67 - he prolly finishes at least 3 back (if not more) 99 out of 100 times Jordan is in that spot.

Coincidentally - Faldo also shot 67 to catch Norman during his '96 melt down.... And for the record, I rank this a bigger choke job than that of Norman in '96.

I agree. That second shot in the water was a total choke job. It reminded me of the Oilers losing a 32 point 3rd quarter lead.

Conclusion. Spieth is no Tiger. Last three rounds over par. +9 in final 3 rounds on back 9.

Are you being facetious?...... Spieth and Grellar never even met until 2011.

Holy retard batman.

Are you being facetious?...... Spieth and Grellar never even met until 2011.

I am sure Grellar is a fine caddie, but he totally screwed up yesterday. Spieth's head was toast and he got no help.

I am sure Grellar is a fine caddie, but he totally screwed up yesterday. Spieth's head was toast and he got no help.

So he was a good caddie when he won the Masters last year (in record tying fashion), he was a good caddie when he won the US Open, he was a good caddie when he won the FedEx Cup and he was a good caddie when he won the overall money title....... But yesterday he wasn't, it was his fault - and he has to go? Wow.

And Tiger was no Jack.