Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

Baseball

If the dodgers and nats have the best records in the NL, why do they face off in the 1st rd? Shouldn't the best record face the WC team?

If the dodgers and nats have the best records in the NL, why do they face off in the 1st rd? Shouldn't the best record face the WC team?

Becaaaaause they don't? There is this other team, Chicago something...

Final game of Tigers/Indians series washed out by 100-year rain event (5.64" in last 30 hours), setting the stage for a potential MLB nightmare scenario...

Tigers go 2-1 vs Atlanta
Orioles go 2-2 in last 4
Mariners sweep Oakland
(or 1-2, 1-3, 3-1 conversely)

Monday: Detroit at Cleveland, game 162...Tigers win = three-way tie for second wild card, also potentially changing home/road situation for the Cleveland ALDS series.

Final game of Tigers/Indians series washed out by 100-year rain event (5.64" in last 30 hours), setting the stage for a potential MLB nightmare scenario...

Tigers go 2-1 vs Atlanta

Orioles go 2-2 in last 4

Mariners sweep Oakland

Monday: Detroit at Cleveland, game 162...Tigers win = three-way tie for second wild card, also potentially changing home/road situation for the Cleveland ALDS series.

Might not be bad. Ikke those win and in games.

Tigers go 2-1 vs Atlanta
Orioles go 2-2 in last 4
Mariners sweep Oakland

:doh: :unsure: Maybe it's destiny?

This seasons has not been as entertaining as the last two :mellow:

This seasons has not been as entertaining as the last two :mellow:

What,Ned's decisions using Soria the way he did were extremely entertaining.....

To the opponents fanbase :mad:

Two years ago today we kicked the a's ass in one of the best comebacks evah :headbanger:

Tigers showed up in Atlanta. After Kinsler missed a first pitch home run by a foot foul, he just hit another one fair. Cabrera followed up two batter later with a 420'+ blast to center and it is 3-0 through three batters.

Cabrera's second AB: dead center once more, HR #38.

Tigers showed up in Atlanta. After Kinsler missed a first pitch home run by a foot foul, he just hit another one fair. Cabrera followed up two batter later with a 420'+ blast to center and it is 3-0 through three batters.

Cabrera's second AB: dead center once more, HR #38.

JESUS. There's no way he's human. No way.

Miguel Cabrera over the past 4 games in essentially must-win situations: 10/15, 4 HR, 13 RBIs. Dude is killing it at the perfect time.

Most Tigers' sh*t ever. 10 Ks against a starter with a 9+ ERA. Tigers all but finished now, unless Toronto blows the 8th inning lead. With Seattle also winning, the Tigers would now need to win tomorrow AND get a Baltimore or Toronto loss just to make game 162 necessary.

Bye bye Cubbies! :wave:

Got to get past SF or STL first.

Got to get past SF or STL first.

I was fishing for a large mouth, caught a crappie. :(

I was fishing for a large mouth, caught a crappie. :(

You calling me a large mouth :dunno:

Brad Autismus and his "I'm not worried" catchphrase fail yet again.

I'll say....I'm not so sure he's gone. They had a lot of adversity this year and they were right there until the very end.

This season though; how cool was it to see Miggy and JV back in form? Always look at the positives, and those were two huge positives for this season.

AL #1 seed and we get stuck with 2 focking day games Thurs. & Fri.? That's focking bullshiat. :mad:

Some fan just threw a can of Red Bull or something at the Oriole LF as he was about to try and catch a deep fly ball - almost hit him. Wow. :shocking:

Some fan just threw a can of Red Bull or something at the Oriole LF as he was about to try and catch a deep fly ball - almost hit him. Wow. :shocking:

Dooshbag Toronto fans throwing things on the field? That would never happen!

AL #1 seed and we get stuck with 2 focking day games Thurs. & Fri.? That's focking bullshiat. :mad:

It is the Rangers... No one wants to see them in prime time, especially if the Red Sox or Yankees are playing...

It is the Rangers... No one wants to see them in prime time, especially if the Red Sox or Yankees are playing...

I understand the reasoning - it's still focking buillshiit.

I understand the reasoning - it's still focking buillshiit.

Oh I agree with you... I am tired of seeing the Red Sox and Yankees in prime time...

Oh I agree with you... I am tired of seeing the Red Sox and Yankees in prime time...

But I guess the reverse happens here in football. The Cowboys have sucked for years - yet still draw prime time spots.

So many here were begging for Toronto again - hoping for a rematch... These idiots might end up being sorry what they asked for - the Jays are damn good, with some serious starting arms.