Sign in to follow this  
iam90sbaby

2016 Season

I think you have to wait until the draft to draft them...

Yes, that is pretty standard.

But after the draft, is there a waiver or FCFS before the season begins.

I think it might be fcfs which is crappy unless we voted to fix that in the past

After the draft, we have FCFS.

Once a player is cut in FCFS, he's out of the player pool until week one's waivers. Nobody else in FCFS can pick them up.

For example, right now I'm still sitting on Phat Karlos Williams. Maybe it's nostalgia. Film from last year would indicate that I have an up and coming rookie stud and I spent months happy to have him. Then the offseason intervened, he reported to Bills camp looking like Jabba the Hutt, which didn't go over too well with Sexy Rexy and now he's unemployed. Clearly, I think I know more than Rex Ryan because even with all the empty Big Mac wrappers stuffed in his locker, I'm in denial and leaving the light on for him.

So there he is, I should cut him before the draft but no. He's still on my roster. I'm thinking it's inevitable that some team will be plagued with RB injuries and Karlos is a six week intense cadio workout away from being the savior on speeddial. If I come to my senses during FCFS and find somebody I like better, any of you guys willing to try the Karlos Williams KoolAid, would have to wait for week one waivers.

I don't know that there's anything else interesting to learn about these players before Friday's deadline. Eight teams look ready or are another tweak away. I'm still in need cuts from Gary, Suzie, TheErosion, and 29 Guests.

After the draft, we have FCFS.

Once a player is cut in FCFS, he's out of the player pool until week one's waivers. Nobody else in FCFS can pick them up.

For example, right now I'm still sitting on Phat Karlos Williams. Maybe it's nostalgia. Film from last year would indicate that I have an up and coming rookie stud and I spent months happy to have him. Then the offseason intervened, he reported to Bills camp looking like Jabba the Hutt, which didn't go over too well with Sexy Rexy and now he's unemployed. Clearly, I think I know more than Rex Ryan because even with all the empty Big Mac wrappers stuffed in his locker, I'm in denial and leaving the light on for him.

So there he is, I should cut him before the draft but no. He's still on my roster. I'm thinking it's inevitable that some team will be plagued with RB injuries and Karlos is a six week intense cadio workout away from being the savior on speeddial. If I come to my senses during FCFS and find somebody I like better, any of you guys willing to try the Karlos Williams KoolAid, would have to wait for week one waivers.

Thanks for the explanation.

How do in season waivers work? Do we get 100 or 200 dollars of blind bid?

Can we bid by .01 or only by 1.

Thanks for the explanation.

How do in season waivers work? Do we get 100 or 200 dollars of blind bid?

Can we bid by .01 or only by 1.

It's very friendly for struggling teams, winning teams, not so much. Each week is worst to first.

It's very friendly for struggling teams, winning teams, not so much. Each week is worst to first.

Woo-hoo! First choice every week!!

Yeah we reward people for being bad

I don't know that there's anything else interesting to learn about these players before Friday's deadline. Eight teams look ready or are another tweak away. I'm still in need cuts from Gary, Suzie, TheErosion, and 29 Guests.

Urgh! I was hoping to be further through the 12Geeks1Cup draft before doing anything here. I hate trying to manage 2 teams at one time.

What day is the deadline? Sorry. I'm sure it's posted somewhere, but I'm too lazy to go look.

Urgh! I was hoping to be further through the 12Geeks1Cup draft before doing anything here. I hate trying to manage 2 teams at one time.

What day is the deadline? Sorry. I'm sure it's posted somewhere, but I'm too lazy to go look.

I think Friday...

Does the Bell owner want to offer me anything interesting for D Will?

I hate trying to manage 2 teams at one time.

are you single yet? i feel a muppet wedding in our future

are you single yet? i feel a muppet wedding in our future

Huh?

Huh?

i was creepily hitting on you while at the same time making fun of man hands / gonzo the muppet

i was creepily hitting on you while at the same time making fun of man hands / gonzo the muppet

Yeah... you should probably stop.

Yeah... you should probably stop.

yikes, lost your sense of humor since you've been gone.

noted.

yikes, lost your sense of humor since you've been gone.

noted.

My sense of humor is fine. Your jokes on the other hand... :P

I think Friday...

Kickoff of the games Friday evening. I'll set up the draft during the first quarter.

I am not waiting on seeing them do anything, just trying to figure out who to cut and am struggling. Was trying to trade some folks for picks so been waiting on them too.

Susie's cuts are in and Gary has explained that he' s waiting for folks to get back with him and still wresting with it as is his right. Meanwhile, 29 Guests visited the site a couple of days ago so I'm not terribly worried there either.

That leaves Dr. S (TheErosion). Just as I started de-thawing the league and gathering the heard back together for this year, he posted in this thread that he's returning (post 25 on page one) but the time stamp at the site indicates that he hasn't been there in three weeks now and we're under 48 hours from starting.

I hope he shows before Friday melting my concerns and restoring order to the world. If not, this is something new that I haven't dealt with before. Do I stall everything until I can replace him? Do I make cuts for him and buy him some time? I hate making precedent setting decisions.

I'm leaning towards making the cuts for his team myself, starting the draft on time, then trying to find somebody willing to take over the team on the fly.

Tough in a league with no mandatory cuts. In leagues with mandatory you can ave a bylaw stating that the X amount of lowest scoring 2015 players gET the axe. Regardless of injury.

In this case I would say he simply doesn't grt any draft picks.

Then again if he never shoes up, its easier to replace him if the new owner has draft picks to use. Makes them feel good

Tough in a league with no mandatory cuts. In leagues with mandatory you can ave a bylaw stating that the X amount of lowest scoring 2015 players gET the axe. Regardless of injury.

In this case I would say he simply doesn't grt any draft picks.

Then again if he never shoes up, its easier to replace him if the new owner has draft picks to use. Makes them feel good

I think of the year when the offseason was very kind to Voice of Reason and all 22 of his players were worth owning going into the draft. He solved it by trading a player and his entire draft to southcarolina to move up a few spots in the first round. SC had just taken over Sux's toxic dump of a team and put all those pics to good use such that now it's entirely legitimate

As for allowing him to keep is team but not allowing him to draft, I hadn't thought of that.

This is a very bad time to disappear from the league.

I've been thinking on this more. If the cuts aren't in by the deadline, I'll make them for Team Dr.S, set up the draft as normal, and we roll as usual.

From there, I'll make a post in the Geek Club to give away the team. Hopefully get somebody quickly on the fly. I'll postpone the draft once we get to 1.11 so the new owner can acclimate themselves and make the pick.

If it takes too long to find an owner, I'll expand the invite to the find a league/fill a league forum. From there, I'll run the team by proxy myself in a worst case scenario if no owner materializes by Tuesday.

I've been thinking on this more. If the cuts aren't in by the deadline, I'll make them for Team Dr.S, set up the draft as normal, and we roll as usual.

From there, I'll make a post in the Geek Club to give away the team. Hopefully get somebody quickly on the fly. I'll postpone the draft once we get to 1.11 so the new owner can acclimate themselves and make the pick.

If it takes too long to find an owner, I'll expand the invite to the find a league/fill a league forum. From there, I'll run the team by proxy myself in a worst case scenario if no owner materializes by Tuesday.

I think that is the best way to go too.

Good luck in the draft everyone.

I think that is the best way to go too.

Good luck in the draft everyone.

I don't think that there is enough luck in the world to help me during the draft...

When can I pick

I say we make this league like Clash of Clans....you leave your stuff unattended, the rest of us can invade and steal your sh1t.

Anyone up for a raiding party? I got some extra archers I can contribute....

When can I pick

Will the site allow you to plug it in now?

I say we make this league like Clash of Clans....you leave your stuff unattended, the rest of us can invade and steal your sh1t.

Anyone up for a raiding party? I got some extra archers I can contribute....

Haha... I was thinking along the same lines, minus the ghey Clash of Clans thing.

Also, would someone be nice enough to send me a PM when this thing gets started? Thanks!

Hey are you willing to give up the 1st pick now so I can draft this stoner loser?

http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/08/26/dallas-cowboys-jerry-jones-ezekiel-elliott-pot-store-visit?xid=si_social

If.you're still.offering 17 picks ill.never use then I guess I'll pass

If.you're still.offering 17 picks ill.never use then I guess I'll pass

What do you need? Lets get this deal done. Check out my trading block, those are the only players available, all my picks are available.

Clocks ticking...

What do you need? Lets get this deal done. Check out my trading block, those are the only players available, all my picks are available.

Clocks ticking...

Checked it out. If those are the only players available, doesn't look like we would be coming to a deal for the 1.1

Sorry. You can turn off yur clock

Checked it out. If those are the only players available, doesn't look like we would be coming to a deal for the 1.1

Sorry. You can turn off yur clock

2016 1st rounder + 2016 3rd rounder + 2017 1st rounder + not Beckham or Cooper. Best I can go, if you can't work a deal from there you never wanted to deal in the first place.

2016 1st rounder + 2016 3rd rounder + 2017 1st rounder + not Beckham or Cooper. Best I can go, if you can't work a deal from there you never wanted to deal in the first place.

I never asked for a deal..... you did

Or you could just give me your 1.1 pick. :hyper:

I'll mull it over

I never asked for a deal..... you did

Eh you've been kicking around that first pick like you were interested in possibly moving off of it, when you never were.

I changed my mind anyways, I was just going to take your 1st round pick and flip it again before the draft tonight.

I'll mull it over

It's the least you could do for that horrible Kamar Aiken trade.